Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ryansclan
  • 1 Post By Carol
  • 1 Post By Roy&Myra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 19:01

Default Car Hire.

Bargain of the day - Do You Spain.com

Most Popular
Terms of Use
Renault Clio 5 door A/C ... or similar
Manual transmission
Off Airport - Your car will be available via free shuttle service, meet and greet on arrival.
Full/Empty (Refund) – You’ll be given the car with a full tank which you’re required to pay for on collection (87€-116€). When you return the car the supplier will give you a refund for the fuel left in the tank minus the refueling supplement (24€)
Free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental
FREE Cancellation
Your rental includes Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection.
Theft Protection
Free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental.
FREE Amendments
Your rental includes Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection with an excess of 600€
Full Insurance
Last few cars at this price
Price for 7 days 15.04.15 - 22.04.15
19.51 €
£ 13.35 apx.
Sponsored Links
Old 13-04-2015, 07:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
bargain of the day - do you spain.com

most popular
terms of use
renault clio 5 door a/c ... Or similar
manual transmission
off airport - your car will be available via free shuttle service, meet and greet on arrival.
Full/empty (refund) – you’ll be given the car with a full tank which you’re required to pay for on collection (87€-116€). When you return the car the supplier will give you a refund for the fuel left in the tank minus the refueling supplement (24€)
free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental
free cancellation
your rental includes collision damage waiver and theft protection.
Theft protection
free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental.
Free amendments
your rental includes collision damage waiver and theft protection with an excess of 600€
full insurance
last few cars at this price
price for 7 days 15.04.15 - 22.04.15
19.51 €
£ 13.35 apx.
be aware this does not include mandatory insurance only cdw you will probably be asked to pay for this or leave a huge deposit on your credit card. Be aware all that glistens is not always gold :d
Old 16-04-2015, 16:45

Default Too good to be true

I've just re-booked a car for two weeks at the end of the month through Do You Spain. On the basis that the prices were rock bottom I decided to go for a mid range Golf or similar. €56 for 2 weeks!
I can't think how it's possible to do this other than the 'pre-loads' they put on the insurance but as i've got an annual policy I should be covered. Yes, I've got to leave a €1200 euro excess on my card, and I'll be taking plenty photos before and after hire as protection. However, it's with Record, who I must admit have been very good all last year when I hired cars on 4 occasions.
Hopefully, if I report back in a few weeks time I won't have any sorry stories of refusal to hand over my shiny Golf. ( or Reliant Robin )
whaleywanderer likes this.

Last edited by ryansclan; 16-04-2015 at 16:48.
Old 16-04-2015, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
Bargain of the day - Do You Spain.com

Most Popular
Terms of Use
Renault Clio 5 door A/C ... or similar
Manual transmission
Off Airport - Your car will be available via free shuttle service, meet and greet on arrival.
Full/Empty (Refund) – You’ll be given the car with a full tank which you’re required to pay for on collection (87€-116€). When you return the car the supplier will give you a refund for the fuel left in the tank minus the refueling supplement (24€)
Free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental
FREE Cancellation
Your rental includes Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection.
Theft Protection
Free modifications and free cancellations when requested before the start of the rental.
FREE Amendments
Your rental includes Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Protection with an excess of 600€
Full Insurance
Last few cars at this price
Price for 7 days 15.04.15 - 22.04.15
19.51 €
£ 13.35 apx.
That's pretty expensive petrol they are charging for. Up to €140 for something which would cost about €50 if you drove up to the pumps.
Old 16-04-2015, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
That's pretty expensive petrol they are charging for. Up to €140 for something which would cost about €50 if you drove up to the pumps.
The cost of the Fuel is only the tip of the Iceberg. The Big one is the Insurance they insist on. They now say its the law in Spain to have this insurance and CDW is no longer sufficient. Please everybody if it seems to good to be true the chances are it is. Dont start your holiday of with a massive shock and disappointment before you even leave the Airport. Check the small print and ask the questions or go with a company you know or have used before.
Old 16-08-2015, 15:42

My uncle is a very fit and alert 86 year old. He has a clean licence and has driven for years.

He's off to PP in October and wants to hire a car. Do you think he'll have any problems with any of the rental companies?
Old 16-08-2015, 17:15

I think - but do not quote me! But I think Avis is the only company that will hire cars to the over 75's however clean their driving record is.
graham likes this.
Old 17-08-2015, 09:56

Give motors formentor a call or email.Don't think they have upper age limit.I am using them in September. Cars can be collected in airport car park or
in PP
graham likes this.