Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Long Term Winter Car Hire (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/11679-long-term-winter-car-hire.html)

Deanscroft 08-10-2014 10:02

Long Term Winter Car Hire

I´ve got friends coming over for ten weeks this winter and they are looking to hire a basic runabout while here. Does anyone know of any local firms that do cheap longer term car hire?

graham 08-10-2014 14:35

This chap is in Palma. He comes highly recommended from a friend but I've never used him personally.

I understand he will meet you at the airport with a car which you can then rent for longish periods.

Max Pressman.
Email is maxpressman@hotmail.com.
His mobile is 0034 617 566 133

JMD40 08-10-2014 18:00

Motos Formentor also offer some very good prices for the winter and they are based in Puerto Pollensa which is ideal if you have any hiccup.

Brisbane 08-10-2014 22:20

Hi Deanscroft.

I came back from 7 months in PP 18 months ago and rented cars on 3 occasions for preiods of up to 6 weeks. I found that the cheapest rental companies were the ones based at the airport, and I used Record and Goldcar. Believe it or not but this was working out at less than 5 euros per day :D

The other bonus with Record was that the fully comprehensive insurance option, and it was an option only (avoiding the 600 euro deposit), although actually working out at a daily rate almost equal to the car rental itself, was only chargeable to a maximum of 17 days rental. In other words for the period of 6 week rental I was fully insured for the full duration and only paid for the cost of 17 days insurance.

The shortest rental period was for 2 weeks with Goldcar, and I opted to decline the fully comp insurance and pay the 600 euro deposit. This was re-credited to my card on return of the car with no problems.

As you maybe aware these rental companies do tend to change their terms and conditions regularly, particularly their fuel policies, but I also believe that Goldcar only offer car rental to a maximum of 4 weeks now, but that may have changed again...

Steve.

El Gordo 09-10-2014 14:28

We tend to use Goldcar via "DoYouSpain" who do not charge for cancellations or modifications to bookings.

For long holidays we tend to hire for a week at the beginning and a week at the end using an airport based hire company. Its a good excuse for a day in Palma, dropping off and picking up the cars. If we have one longer it tends to go unused for days. It s cheaper to get a bus or taxi if you need to shop etc.

Goldcar and Record dont always get good reviews, but I have had no problems so far.

As Brisbane mentioed, the daily rate is very low out of season if you can resist their additional insurance. But note... the yearly Insurance4carhire has a 31 day max per rental.

Its worth shopping around online to check prices via various brokers rather than going direct. Good Luck and let us know how you get on