Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 20:38

Default Resort Hoppa

Good Evening,
I know a lot of people don't like the wait but i booked Resort Hoppa yesterday for our August trip and for the two of us return was £25.33!!! Bargain, we can't get into our apartment until 4pm and we arrive in Palma at 11.00am so don't mind the wait. Can't wait for you, Sparky, to say who is out in August???!!! I'll be there xxx
PS. Maybe i am lucky but Resort Hoppa have always done what it says for us.
Could go wrong this year??
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 22:22

We've also just booked Resort Hoppa for August. We have used them many times and the longest we waited was about 30 minutes (no big deal when you consider the price). We once missed our pickup back to the airport through not arriving 20 minutes before the allotted time which they always say you should do (so it was our fault really) but the RH office staff were really helpful and got us seats on a slightly later bus and we still made it to the airport on time. I can't fault them.
LK1960, lollipop and Bekki like this.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:46

Having just used RH on our recent trip, we too had good experiences. However, on arrival, we seemed to be the last flight the bus was waiting for, and we landed about 20-25 mins late. When we got on the bus, some of those who were waiting had been on board for almost 90 mins already apparently - and this was at half past midnight. Luckily for us, we had booked the speedy shuttle option (max 4 stops & more expensive I know) but we were the 2nd stop once we got to PP! I'm sure there were dagger looks as we disembarked!!

Coming home, we shared a 7 seater mini-bus with another family, so one stop only and minimal waiting.

Will use them again, but make sure I choose the speedy shuttle again also!!
mikeb likes this.
Old 08-07-2014, 16:45

Both my sons are coming out to Puerto Pollensa this summer without my wife and I. We are looking at the options for transport from the airport and Resort Hoppa seems a good option (certainly as far as price is concerned!). It would be really helpful if anyone could give me some info on the service they offer and how it works.

Last week my wife and I were travelling back to the UK from PP and had a look around the airport for a Resort Hoppa bus. We could not see one. We also looked for a Resort Hoppa desk and couldn't see one of those either. We could have missed both the buses and the desk mind you!

There was a massive queue of what looked like about 100 people at one of the desks and an Airport information lady told us that was the Resort Hoppa desk although, as I said, there didn't appear to be a sign saying that. If that was a queue to get on a bus with R Hoppa we thought it might be better just to get the ordinary bus to Palma and then another bus from there to Pto Pollensa. So what happens when you get to Palma Airport if you have booked on the internet with R Hoppa? Do you have to register at a desk at the Airport or do you head straight on to a bus? Do R Hoppa have their own buses or do they use another carrier or carriers? Any info on this will be gratefully received!!

Last edited by Alcanada; 08-07-2014 at 16:54.
Old 08-07-2014, 19:43

Hi Alcanada, we always use resort hoppa, when we get to Palma there is a desk which you have to go to - i know i am rubbish but couldn't tell you exactly where it is, am sure someone else could, but we always manage to find it. Most of the flights we come in on arrive at about 11.00am on a Saturday and i have never had to queue for too long, the person behind the desk gives us a coach number and that is the one that you head for - they are located directly in front of the airport. I think they use other companies for their coach transfers as i personally have never noticed ' Resort Hoppa' plastered all over it. As i said in my first post we have never had a problem with them, i suppose there is always a first time, just hope its not this year!!!! Anyway when you look at what it costs i think it is brilliant value. xx
Bekki likes this.
Old 08-07-2014, 20:08

Sorry, forgot to add the day before you are due to leave you email or i phone the office in Majorca and they tell you what time you will be picked up, hasten to add they do tell you to be there 15 minutes before their stated time which you really should try and adhere to. Also they only drop off at Hotels so you have to get the nearest one to your Apartment/Villa. Hope this all helps, i am sure other people can tell you much more???
Old 09-07-2014, 10:57

Thanks so much Janey, that's very helpful. The nearest hotel to where my sons will be staying is the Habitat and looking at the website that does seem to be a Resort Hoppa stop. Due to its location there must be a good chance it would be the first stop for the bus.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:40
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcanada View Post
Thanks so much Janey, that's very helpful. The nearest hotel to where my sons will be staying is the Habitat and looking at the website that does seem to be a Resort Hoppa stop. Due to its location there must be a good chance it would be the first stop for the bus.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't book Speedy Shuttle, there's a possibility that the bus may first go through Alcudia especially if they're using a large coach.

I've regularly used ResortHoppa when visiting on my own and when coming out for a short break with a friend. As we've come in the summer and don't want to lose any time on a short break we've always booked the Speedy Shuttle which is normally only a mini-bus or even a taxi. Even the increased price of Speedy Shuttle is worth it when there are only 2 (compared with the cost of a taxi). If you choose the standard service do be prepared to wait longer at the airport for the coach to fill up and for a possibility of stops on other areas on the way.

But I may be wrong here. So perhaps someone who's travelled regularly on the standard service can confirm.

Instructions regarding the airport procedure and confirming the return trip are clearly explained on the confirmation email. So long as you read it and follow the instructions, it works very well!
Old 09-07-2014, 13:46

I'm hoping that's not the case Pollensa - we booked the standard one because it said specifically on the website that the bus would go straight to the resort. And the estimated times for standard and speedy were the same for us (getting dropped at the Habitat), which I assumed meant it would likely be one of the first stops.

Oh well, having said all that, I actually don't think I'll be too bothered anyway. Obviously sitting on a coach isn't great but I'm just so ready for this holiday, I think once my feet hit Mallorcan soil, I may just bliss out into a semi-vegetative state so I probs won't notice

Will report back nonetheless...
Old 09-07-2014, 16:05

We regularly use Resorthoppa & have never arrived in PP via Alcudia. Normally the maximum wait at the airport is about 30 mins. It really depends on flight arrivals & the number of people who have booked. Find the cost extremely reasonable. Returning to the Airport, we go on-line 24 hrs before departure to obtain the pick-up time, again can only say that for us has always been completely fine.
Sparky, Lorenzo, Bekki and 1 others like this.
Old 09-07-2014, 16:31
Super Moderator

I have had friends staying, they used Resort Hoppa for the first time and seemed to be happy with it.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 09-07-2014, 20:03

Never had any issues with any of the transfers we have booked through various agents. Put your mobile number into the booking info with the 44 then mobile number minus the 0 and they text you either 2 or 1 day before your return pick up.
Sparky likes this.
Old 09-07-2014, 21:59

The last time we used resort hoppa we waited some time at airport and then it went through muro, Can Picafort , Alcudia and then PP.. Pick up was almost 4hrs before departure and coach already full..it really depends on the day and time of your flight

Eating Out
Old 09-07-2014, 22:29

Used RH last week, URBIS is the name to look for, queued for about half hour,we landed at 10 left airport at 11:30 was 3rd drop and arrived in square 12;45. Departing bus arrived 10 minutes early.
Sparky likes this.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:58
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
The last time we used resort hoppa we waited some time at airport and then it went through muro, Can Picafort , Alcudia and then PP.. Pick up was almost 4hrs before departure and coach already full..it really depends on the day and time of your flight
I think that's what can happen which is why we choose Speedy Shuttle on short trips. On others we just allow for it and it's a nice surprise if there are no delays.

I'm not sure if you can predict what will happen as I assume it depends on flight schedules, how many others have booked etc.