Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 23:21

Fair enough, thank you, counting the days!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 08:17

Also worth mentioning that although hoppa is cheaper than the public bus and appears to be a more straightforward option it can be troublesome. There can be a wait of up to 45mins from the time you get onto the bus to it being ready to leave and if you have the basic package you could be at the end of a long series of drop offs or start of long pick up route on your return journey .... Just remember the days of package holidays when you had to sit on a poorly air conditioned coach whilst you travelled around what seemed like all the hotels in the area. Some people will be lucky but there are always going to be someone at the end of the line.

However there is a compromise which is the Hoppa speedy deal ...... About twice the Basic so still only around 13 euros each way and you are guaranteed to have no more than 3 stops before you or after you on the return leg ..... Also in summer months you will sometimes be shuttled in a minibus rather than a coach, although this is not guaranteed.

So my vote would be , if you are looking after the pennies and there are less than 4 of you, the speedy hopper is the best choice, otherwise a cab.

Of course if you want the use of a car once in PP and are not over for a long period of Time then it makes sense to hire one at the airport as the carhire cost is often less than the return cab fare
debz1, sws97sdg and Belladonna like this.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:49

We were always the last to be dropped off with the kids after a tour of the whole island, i suppose that's what you get for staying the furthest from the airport! That's why we would never use a transfer and stick to the bus, although a taxi back is so tempting at times, especially when its 40C and you just want to get to the airport as quickly as possible!

On island time!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:10

We have used RH a lot in the past and have never waited longer than 45 mins at the airport and they headed straight to PP, making ours one of the first drops. The same on the return journey, always one of the last to be picked up. I must admit I did feel sorry for all the other souls on the bus that must have been on for ages! For us though a great service.
LK1960, Lorenzo and MairiCladach like this.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
We have used RH a lot in the past and have never waited longer than 45 mins at the airport and they headed straight to PP, making ours one of the first drops. The same on the return journey, always one of the last to be picked up. I must admit I did feel sorry for all the other souls on the bus that must have been on for ages! For us though a great service.
Hi ..... Same here until one occasion ..... Oven an hour and still in Alcudia with no air con ..... Wont risk basic package anymore ..... The speedy is a good deal though if just 1 or 2 of you
Old 05-06-2014, 10:44

If its just me and my girls we do the speedy hopper there and normal hopper back. The Flora is always the last pick up before the airport, so works really well. If there are more of us, we usually get a taxi.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:47

We've booked the basic RH transfer. Their website reckons it will go straight to the resort from the airport, but then I suppose it depends what it counts as the "resort"! We're out near the Habitat/Duva apartments so hopefully will be one of the first drop offs once we get there. Will report back as to how it goes
Old 29-06-2014, 18:44

Smile

Does anyone know of a wheelchair accessible taxi in puerto pollensa, we are coming out mid august 14. Thanks
Old 29-06-2014, 19:38
Super Moderator

Radio Taxi Pollensa have adapted vehicles, you will find them on this link :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers
lollipop likes this.
Old 29-06-2014, 20:39

We've never had any problems with Resort Hoppa - used them many a time. When we had in laws coming out and back at the same time, we used a private shuttle bus - again through RH. Never had any issues, in fact one driver even came the whole way back to PP when he found our daughter's toy lying on the floor of his 7 seater.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:59

We recently used balearic-transfer.com who charged us 65 euros each way for a private taxi. They meet you inside the airport and when they collect you on return arrive several minutes early. Excellent service if a taxi is what you require!
Old 20-03-2015, 11:13

Unhappy Shuttle express not available any more on RH for PMI

Couldn't find the Shuttle Express option anymore for transfers from PMI to PP on the ResortHoppa website yesterday.

Got an e-mail reply from RH saying "...Unfortunately, express shuttle service is not available any more in many resort...".

I've asked about clarification for existing Shuttle Express bookings. Will update once I receive a reply.
Old 21-03-2015, 09:28

As much as RH keep sending out emails and advertising discounts, their shuttle service from Palma to PP doesnt normally start until sometime in April, I would imagine that it would be Easter.
Old 21-03-2015, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
As much as RH keep sending out emails and advertising discounts, their shuttle service from Palma to PP doesnt normally start until sometime in April, I would imagine that it would be Easter.
I tried to price it for September (and also July and August to be sure), but the Shuttle Express option isn't displayed anymore for transfers to PP.

Hope they honour the already confirmed bookings.
Old 21-03-2015, 20:16

5 adult & 3 children inc car seats Conde Taxis 80 Euros
joey36 likes this.