Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 19:57

Default OK RENT A CAR-anyone used?

Has anyone used OK Rent A Car before. I've just booked for October with DoYouSpain and the booking has been placed with them. I haven't heard of or used them before so any comments would be welcome. Are they offsite and if so how far? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 17:35

Never used them but did notice their depot just off airport when on a trip down last week.
Old 13-09-2011, 12:32
Under Moderation

Tried to use OK Rent A Car last week - was impressed to recieve a confirmation call one week and one day before as we were arriving in the early hours of the morning, but on arrival there was no one to be seen and no way of contacting them as the office was closed. Had to pay 3x more with the only company that was open and you didn't need a prior booking with!!
Hope it was just a one off, but I would just say be careful depending on what time your arriving!!
Old 26-04-2012, 13:33
Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansclan View Post
Has anyone used OK Rent A Car before. I've just booked for October with DoYouSpain and the booking has been placed with them. I haven't heard of or used them before so any comments would be welcome. Are they offsite and if so how far? Thanks

Just come back from Mallorca we used them for the first and last time on paper cheap but the transfer is 15 mins away took a hr to pick us up tries to charge me again also 70 euros petrol charge for a punto took car back this morning as was told 420 repair bill to pay the car was in the same dirty state it was when I picked it up would not listen to me and the guy just said no understand English go away beware pay a few euros more
Old 16-05-2012, 21:12

Just back from Mallorca having used OK Rent a car. The office is located about 10mins from the airport in an industrial area hard to return to. On pick up the renault Clio 2609HDP was filthy inside and out with dirt blotches on the doors. On return they inspect the car with a check list and I was informed of a new scratch on the passenger door and the drivers seat was stained. I refuted responsibility for " the damage" but was told I would have to pay the excess of 120e having already paid on collection 29e to have the excess reduced. Although I refused to pay and left their office with the understanding that they had decided not to pursue their claim, the 120e was deducted from the credit card I had given at the commencement of hire. Please change your rental supplier to avoid a seriously bad experience. I give the number of the car in the hope that the next renter is not chrged for the same faults.
Old 08-06-2012, 16:18
Under Moderation

We have just returned from Mallorca and had a terrible experience with OK Car Rental in Palma.

1. The cars are filthy externally, there were simply dozens of tiny scratches, dents and marks on the bodywork, you would be there for hours marking them all. This is in the middle of a concrete open air compand in 28 degree baking heat with three small children.

2. When you take the car back the guy WILL find a mark you didn't note down. Done! He will demand a minimum 180 euros. If you don't pay you don't get taken back to the airport and you and family bake in a secure compound with 3 meter high fences all round. Electronic operated gates are the only way out.

3. I didnt pay but decided to go for the crazy mad Englishman and shouted for 20 mins. In the end he said " Ok it is finished". I wasnt sure what this meant, but when we got home 180 euros had been debited from our card.

What to do now? I have contacted the credit Card company who have stated there is nothing they can do until it shows up on my online account, then I can dispute it.

My only advise is DO NOT USE THEM! If you do, film the car on your phone is poss. Make sure one of the guys is with you when you check the car. Put circles on every part of the vehicle damage form, don't leave a panel unmarked as not damaged. Bumbers, wing mirrors everything. Good luck.
Old 26-06-2012, 07:33
Under Moderation

Good news! We have been refunded the £350 that ok car hire ripped us off for, I would advise people to contact their card provider and appeal against the charges, good luck
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 29-06-2012, 11:16

Default midlix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryDavies View Post
Good news! We have been refunded the £350 that ok car hire ripped us off for, I would advise people to contact their card provider and appeal against the charges, good luck
I have also been refunded the 120 euros that was deducted from my card. I referred the bank to this site as evidence that the practice was this companies policy. I also complained to Do You Spain the broker. They have acknowledged my E-Mail but have not resolved the issue as yet. I also sent a complaint to the Palma tourist office. Why do the card companies allow unauthorised deductions from your credit card? There must be found a fairer way to resolve this issue and foil these crooks.
Old 29-06-2012, 23:36

Passed the OK carhire depot on our way from airport this afternoon. To be fair it was only a fleeting glimpse, but an Aurthur Daley car lot sprung to mind. It's between the motorway and Ikea in the midst of what seems to be an industrial wasteland. I wouldn't fancy trying to find it for drop off, particularly at night, with checkins about to close at the airport!
Afraid I will not be booking in the foreseeable future. Plenty more fish in the sea.
Old 26-08-2012, 13:41
Under Moderation

Angry Ok Rent A Car - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

I have just come back from Mallorca where I hired a car from Ok Rent A Car for 11 days. I am writing about my experience to stop other people being ripped off by this company as I have read different forums and it seems what's happened to me has happened to many others and cost some people a lot more money than me.
Ok Rent A Car charged me 90 euros for a small scratch that was on the car when I brought it back. Let me just say I have been hiring cars abroad for many years and have had bigger scratches when taking my car back at the end of my holiday and have never been charged a single penny before.
I was told it would cost 180 euros but the staff member said he could knock me 50% off if I paid him straight away but if i didn't pay him straight away it would then cost me at least 180 euros.
If you do use this company take pictures of every mark on the car when you first get it and be very careful where you park it.
The simplest option would be not to use this firm as I have never had these issues with any other car rental firm.
Old 26-08-2012, 19:55

I have posted else ware on here but I cant find it so AUTOMOTIVE car rental beware of,dog of a car, miles away from the airport, long ,long wait both to get car & return,understaffed, overcharged for tank of petrol, beware.
Old 30-08-2012, 21:50
Under Moderation

I have just posted this on a different forum full of complaints about OK Car Rental:

These people are criminals and should be shut down!!!!!

I was told a black shuttle bus with a green logo would pick me up from the airport in 20 minutes. 3 hours and numerous unanswered phone calls later a completely unmarked grey van arrived. I only realised it was OK Car Rentals when I noticed another couple shouting at the driver because they had been left waiting for 5 hours!! When we eventually got to the depot it was clear what was happening - there were no cars available, the place was empty! Luckily I was hiring an 8 seat minivan which was available. However I was then forced to pay for an "essential" waiver, deposit and a FULL tank of petrol, costing me nearly 100 euro! If I had refused to pay I would have been left in an industrial estate without a car.

After surrendering and paying, I could eventually enjoy my holiday. The van itself was fine and in good condition. When the time came to return it I got lost finding the stupid place as it's located at least 15 mins away from the airport. I tried to complain about the fact I had only used a quarter tank of petrol and yet paid for a full tank but the rude guy behind the counter simply shrugged and continued to explain that it wasn't his problem. I then had to surrender again and jump on the shuttle bus or risk missing my flight.

If you value your cash and want to enjoy your holiday please avoid OK Car Rentals and/or OK Rent a Car (or whatever they're calling themselves nowadays!)

Last edited by Sparky; 31-08-2012 at 08:58.
Old 31-08-2012, 15:45

Default Insurance4carhire

It occurs that this (very excellent ) company surely must have a blacklist of less than good carhire companies. Companies like OK must be increasing the number of claims to the detriment of insurance4carhire and us the premium paying punters.
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 31-08-2012, 16:38

It's time these dreaful firms were exposed & closed down, it has become apparent that there are many disgruntled customers who hire from the Airport alone in Palma.
Ok rent a car,Record, Automotive to name but a few ,these unscrupulous people are ruining people's hard earned vacations.
Nick likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:21
Banned

The problem seems to be that they have you by the "short and curly's" so to speak.

You normally book and pay up front so they have your card details. You normally arrive after long, tiring trips so just want to get into your holiday, thereby accepting whatever they say. You're in a foreign country, you're often shipped out to some remote outpost for your car. 9 times out of 10 the car is given to you full and you return empty. Very cunning this because I cannot recall the amount of times I've returned half-full cars.

Then when you return them the unscrupulous ones can easily find damage not attributed to yourself and whack it on your credit card before you even get home. And how the heck can you prove otherwise or waste time arguing when you've got a 'plane to catch?!

Many are good but, as mentioned, it's a very lucrative business to be in for those less scrupulous.

Do keep reporting on good/bad experiences people...
Rosie34 likes this.