Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-2013, 15:03

Default Bus from Airport to PP

Hi,
Coming out for 2 weeks in September, is there a bus running from the Airport out to PP around midnight, someone mentioned there was a regular service, but all the timetables seem to stop at around 9pm.
Any help much appreciated, or I suppose back to a hire car, just dont use it once we are there, and Taxi's at that time are on the expensive side.
Thanks
Jand J
Sponsored Links
Old 16-07-2013, 16:02

Default Bus to PP

I doubt if there will be a public bus service running at that hour from Palma to PP - even if there is the normal No.1 bus service from the airport to the centre of Palma.
If you are not keen on reserving a hire car, your best bet would be to use Resorthoppa (or similar transfer company) so you can all board the coach at the airport and it will then leave you at your hotel or apartment block in Puerto Pollensa - or very near. the system usually works very well and is pretty cheap too.
Sparky, animagic21 and eleanor like this.
Old 17-07-2013, 20:06

Over the years i've always hired a car for PP and the rest of Mallorca - last year because I was being quoted £150 plus the cost of a full tank (about 60euros) i decided to use resorthoppa. For 2 of us it cost about £30 return, then i used the excellent bus service - visiting Pollensa/Palma/Alcudia/P.Soller. I have used it twice since.
The only real downside with resorthoppa is the wait at the airport, on one visit this lasted about 30-40 mins. However, everytime PP has been the 1st drop off point, in view sometimes it takes 30 mins to sort the car hire out, the time difference is very little.
Overall i have a positive view of resorthoppa.
Sparky, animagic21 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 17-07-2013, 20:17

The Resorthoppa sometimes can mean a little wait but I use it almost weekly and book all family and friends on in when they come to stay with us its pain and hassle free get on coach at airport get of in PP simplllls lol and its great value
Sparky, Lorenzo, eleanor and 1 others like this.
Old 18-07-2013, 20:37

Hi there i am the newest member to the forum, Janey and i have watched this forum for the last few years, have at last plucked up the courage to join - bear with me as i am bound to make mistakes but just wanted to add that we have always used the resort hoppa out to PP and never had any problems whatsoever. Hope i havent done anything wrong as of yet???
Old 19-07-2013, 07:00

Welcome Janey enjoy posting and don't worry we all make the odd mistake. glad you plucked up the courage to join
LK1960, Sparky, animagic21 and 1 others like this.
Old 22-08-2013, 13:51

OK thanks guys for the suggestion with resorthoppa, we will have look.
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-08-2013, 19:42

Allow for an hours wait with Resort Hoppa my son & his lady were told & given a printout with a specific time to be picked up outside the back of the Dania .
45 minutes later the bus had not arrived he panicked & got a taxi he could not really afford 80euros.
I was furious & have tried to get a refund which is proving very difficult ,I will keep you informed but this is now the 3rd such like story we have heard.
Old 22-08-2013, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumberland8 View Post
Allow for an hours wait with Resort Hoppa my son & his lady were told & given a printout with a specific time to be picked up outside the back of the Dania .
45 minutes later the bus had not arrived he panicked & got a taxi he could not really afford 80euros.
I was furious & have tried to get a refund which is proving very difficult ,I will keep you informed but this is now the 3rd such like story we have heard.
We gave up on resort hoppa a while ago..first couple of times were not too bad but because of the cost we thought ok.. but the last time was dreadful..we waited over an hour at Palma to depart...it then went through Muro, Can Picafort, Alcudia then PP..nightmare...going home was a 6:10 pick up for a 10:30 flight..coach was just about full and we were last pick up..

Eating Out
Old 22-08-2013, 20:28

It seems like the luck of the draw. We have used the hoppa many a time and have never had to wait more than ten minutes and then straight to PP. Coming back we have been one of the first pick ups and no problems.

My husband was out by himself a few weeks back. He had a hoppa pick up at about 6.30 am and literally had a lovely van to himself arriving in PP 45 minutes later. Coming home based on his nervous disposition he allowed extra time just incase he had to make alternative arrangements. He also arranged pick up at one of the more busier of aparthotels thinking he would not be alone and others too would have confirmed their pick up. All was fine - one of the first pick ups and no problem at all thankfully.

You do have to confirm your return pick up a day or so before coming home. I believe this is important. This can be done online, by phone or now by the use of their app if you have an appropriate phone.

All in all we have been very pleased with hoppa and found it to be excellent value too.
Old 22-08-2013, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
The Resorthoppa sometimes can mean a little wait but I use it almost weekly and book all family and friends on in when they come to stay with us its pain and hassle free get on coach at airport get of in PP simplllls lol and its great value
Fil can I ask where your drop off and pick up point is please? I wonder if we should walk a few yards further and use the Habitat being a busier place. We have never had a problem with Leo but my concern is that it is always just us! After hearing of no shows I wonder if it is safer to be at a place with possibly more pick up confirmations.
Old 22-08-2013, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleanor View Post
Fil can I ask where your drop off and pick up point is please? I wonder if we should walk a few yards further and use the Habitat being a busier place. We have never had a problem with Leo but my concern is that it is always just us! After hearing of no shows I wonder if it is safer to be at a place with possibly more pick up confirmations.
Hi always use Habitat and have never had a problem so far this summer we have used it for 26 different friends and family who have been out to visit us and I use it myself to get to work and back. Habitat is almost always last pick up and almost always first drop of. Personally I think its a hassle free great value for money way of getting to and from the Airport.
Lorenzo and eleanor like this.
Old 22-08-2013, 23:12

Thanks Fil. I agree with you and as said we have never had a problem. Bit of a worry when you hear Hoppa hasn't turned up for someone. As said it is important to confirm the return.
Certainly convenient and as you say Fil, good value for money.
Old 22-08-2013, 23:40

I went with my son 3 hours before pick up,we have written confirmation of time with his name on I can assure you no bus turned up, as I say they are proving very difficult to get a refund from as promised I will keep you informed.
Old 23-08-2013, 07:40

There will always be some problems with transfer services, but I would not be put off by just the bad news stories. Just remember to carry enough euros for a cab if required.

We have used RH for 7 years and so have lots of our family and friends. I reckon about 100 trips, and they only let us down once when they did not show, or perhaps turned up early. They refunded the taxi trip without any hassle.

Personally, I always turn up 15 minutes before collection time and the new app makes confirmation very easy. Although we all like to be dropped off first, you have to appreciate that for the price it cannot be beaten! A trip round the other resorts makes you appreciate PP even more.

If you find yourself at the airport with time to kill, just sit yourself in the Parking Cafe and watch the world go by.
Sparky, clinkham, eleanor and 2 others like this.
Closed Thread