Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 11:25

Default Advice on best shuttle service.

Just managed to get a wee 5 day extra holiday to PP.

Already booked for Sept.

So looking for a hint for the best shuttle bus up to PP .Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12

There's a few companies that run a PP shuttle, I've used A to B and Resort Hoppa, only used A to B out of season when Resort Hoppa weren't running, they were very similar in the service that they provided. Don't think you can go far wrong with RH though.:-)
Old 13-05-2013, 07:36

Default Thanks

I will book the faster shuttle as I don't think I could be bothered with hanging around and then dropping off at lots of places before its our turn.

Looked at the cost of a taxi but the hike in prices since last year are just too much .

Strange though when you think that that there is a recession on prices should now go up from 73 to 100 euros.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Old 13-05-2013, 08:30

Default Taxi

Hi ScotsLizzy.

We were in PP at Easter and taxi prices were 73eu for a single airport journey.........can you let me know who / which firms are now quoting 100 eu ?? We are back out again for June and we usually book Zarza taxis, again at 73 eu for a single trip.
Regards.
Old 13-05-2013, 09:34
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
I will book the faster shuttle as I don't think I could be bothered with hanging around and then dropping off at lots of places before its our turn.

Looked at the cost of a taxi but the hike in prices since last year are just too much .

Strange though when you think that that there is a recession on prices should now go up from 73 to 100 euros.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Scotslizzy, i have the new taxi fare list and there is no increase, it's still 73€ but if there are more than 4 people it will cost 100€ because they need to use a people carrier type vehicle.
Old 13-05-2013, 12:26

Default Thanks

Thats great news I thought all the taxis had gone up to 100 Euros after reading anther post.

So might just go with the taxi on the ay up and get the shuttle on way home.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
Sparky likes this.
Old 21-09-2013, 09:45

There have been a few negative comments recently about transfers to and from PP. Has anyone used a transfer company recently and if so what is the most reliable one. We have extra family coming out to join us in October possibly, and return flights are all early (around 10am) so definitely don't want to book something that is not reliable e.g. bus not turning up, breaking down etc. We will not have enough room for everyone with luggage in our hire car
Old 21-09-2013, 09:56

I. Hate passing negatives but ResortHoppa failed to pick up my Son & his partner from the back of theDania despite them following the correct procedures.
Now we understand mistakes can be made but what is despicable is the fact that 5 weeks later they have still not refunded their fare.
My advise would be to use a Taxi especially if there are a few of you,you have the bonus of not making lots of stops on the way.
Old 21-09-2013, 10:16

Cumberland, that's exactly what I would be afraid of especially as the flights are so early. It's not quite so bad if you have an afternoon/evening flight as you can then allow extra time anyway, but at that time of the morning there is a limit to how much flexability you can give yourself and if the bus doesn't turn up or breaks down then 'there could be trouble ahead'
Old 21-09-2013, 10:20

I have used ResortHoppa for a number of years for myself, all our family and friends who come to visit us. During the summer I use them on an almost weekly basis and have to say I have never had a problem with them. They have never failed to show up, have never broken down. And in my opinion offer great value for money.
When they come up to PP 99% of the time the Habitat is the first stop and the last stop to pick up. Very occasionally it calls at Calla but as I said 99% of the Time Habitat is first stop and then down into the Port. And the last stop to pick up. The longest you have to wait at the airport to set of is 1 hour . In my opinion great value.
eleanor and Bootledodger like this.
Old 21-09-2013, 14:46
Founder

I've used resorthoppa several times (when coming out on my own or with a friend) as have friends & family. We've never had any issues at all although I've often chosen the more expensive Speedy Shuttle version particularly when only coming out for a short break. My apartment is in the Boquer area so without it there can be a few stops on the way - time I don't want to lose when only visiting for a few days. Last time I used this, two of us were put in a private taxi on arrival & coming back there was myself & another couple in a larger people-carrier type taxi.
Old 21-09-2013, 15:14

Used resort hoppa a couple of weeks ago - speedy shuttle from airport ..... 6 of us in a minibus ..... all flew in on same plane There would have been no wait at all at the airport but one couple had a suitcase so we all had to wait about 40mins in the minibus whilst they waited at the luggage carousel for their bag .... Cost is about £15 each

I won't use them for return journey as they seem to insist on picking up about 3 or 4 hours before flight leaves ..... And as we only have hand luggage leaving pp a couple of hours before flight is plenty early enough.

So our compromise when only coming out for a short time in high season is RH one way and taxi back

Out of season car hire wins every time as its so much cheaper
CliffB likes this.
Old 21-09-2013, 15:25
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post

I won't use them for return journey as they seem to insist on picking up about 3 or 4 hours before flight leaves ..... And as we only have hand luggage leaving pp a couple of hours before flight is plenty early enough.
I suppose they have to allow for people having to check in luggage & we always allow that amount of time when hiring a car too - just in case! I don't mind getting to the airport early - I get/bring something to eat & sit out in the sun (smokers) area - not that I smoke.
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 21-09-2013, 19:59

As I say anyone can make a mistake, its how you rectify that mistake that makes the difference whether you use that company ever again.
I will keep you all informed on our progress ,although after 5 weeks one expects more?
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 22-09-2013, 11:28

Default Taxi or Resorthoppa

Referring back to the taxi option, it is probably worth considering booking a taxi on busy days.
When passing through Palma airport on a very busy Saturday earlier this month, the queue for the taxi rank, extended right along the covered walkway and into the terminal lobby
There were only two taxis at the top of the rank so people would have had a very long wait there...probably much longer than anyone in a Resorthoppa coach.