Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Timberman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-08-2013, 17:39

Default Terrys car hire

Back a week and back to work

As car hire seems to have the most negative posts, I thought I would post a very positive one.

Received an email early on the day we were going to say,as we were arriving late (11pm) they would not leave our name in the car but instead gave me the details of the car, colour/reg and make. On arrival up to level 3 in the multi storey through the doors and car straight in front if me. The key was secreted in the usual place. We had booked a focus estate but had an Open Zafira, fantastic. Clean,tidy,no dents no stickers to advertise a rental car and only 19k on the clock. Car packed and out of the car park within 20mins of collecting the cases.

Great service really nice people to deal with and no hard sell on extra insurance.

Thoroughly recommend them.
marilyn and lollipop like this.

Last edited by Timberman; 28-08-2013 at 19:26.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2013, 07:39

Couldn't agree more!
Old 29-08-2013, 08:07

Terry's have always interested me but each time I have asked for a quote their price has been significantly higher than others who had at the time given good service

After years of defending Record, we experienced a real drop in service and also a refusal to allow us to use the members counter which had always saved us from the awful queues on several occasions.

We now use vanrell and although others have posted negative comments we have always had cars which range from reasonble to very good, have had excellent service when we needed to swap cars ( our fault not theirs ) and again car park collection with no hard sell on insurance and no compulsory tank of petrol at extortionate prices.

Would love to try Terry's but for 9 days in early September their price was 50% greater than vanrell ....... More than enough for 2 mdd's at Stay
Old 29-08-2013, 15:14

We too have been using Terry`s for a few years now. I can highly recommend them , efficient ,but no waiting in line for car is the big plus for us as we travel cabin baggage only so we are usually driving out of the airport in around 30 mins or so.
When pricing for April and July they were good value for money , not the cheapest or the most expensive , although we did book 3 months ahead and had a 5 door focus which is a relatively small car. I quess we have just been lucky with our price each time, although they did give us a previous customer discount when we emailed them. jat
Old 29-08-2013, 21:06

We have also used Terry's for a number of years. As Jat said perhaps not the cheapest but by no means the dearest especially as the price quoted includes a full tank of fuel which is normally an add on cost. We normally book around a year in advance as no payment is taken until about two weeks before the collection date and the booking can be cancelled at no charge up to the point when the money is taken.Prices seem fair and like Jat we are given a discount as returning customers. Pick up is quick and easy, unless , like my partner, you manage to drop the key which is left on the wheel and it disappears into the workings and you end up lying on the ground in the car park trying to fish it out wishing you had thought to pack a wire coat hanger, a magnet and a torch! Despite this I would definitely recommend Terry's!
Old 29-08-2013, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Terry's have always interested me but each time I have asked for a quote their price has been significantly higher than others who had at the time given good service

After years of defending Record, we experienced a real drop in service and also a refusal to allow us to use the members counter which had always saved us from the awful queues on several occasions.

We now use vanrell and although others have posted negative comments we have always had cars which range from reasonble to very good, have had excellent service when we needed to swap cars ( our fault not theirs ) and again car park collection with no hard sell on insurance and no compulsory tank of petrol at extortionate prices.

Would love to try Terry's but for 9 days in early September their price was 50% greater than vanrell ....... More than enough for 2 mdd's at Stay

When you have used them once they give a 10% discount. If you book early enough they seem to be as competitive as anyone else. We paid 500 for 12 days inc fuel for a focus estate in August. Which by today's prices seems ok.