Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Reccomendations for car hire please (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/10538-reccomendations-car-hire-please.html)

BigErn 19-08-2013 09:26

Reccomendations for car hire please

Been coming to PP for years now but havent hired a car for ages.

However this year we have my daughter and 2 year old grandaughter in tow so we are hiring a car for a week at the end of September.

Any reccomendations ? bearing in mind we dont want to go to some off site facility, and want to get out of the airport as soon as possible.

Dont mind paying extra if it means no queuing!!

marilyn 19-08-2013 09:48

We have used Terrys Car Hire for the past few years. Paperwork sorted before you leave, no queuing at all, simply pick up from car park. Price quoted is what you pay - no last minute extras or charge for an additional driver.

Rosie34 19-08-2013 09:53

We used Goldcar in May and were quite happy with their service and the car was brand new with only about 50km on the clock:) The desk is in the airport and we paid for fast track (18euro I think) but as it was quiet we needn't have bothered. Smooth collection and return and we are probably going to book with them for 3 weeks in October - we had been thinking about going carless but when we thought about the fact that we always like to go to various places on impulse, we are now hiring again:)

Mark 19-08-2013 10:09

Always used Autos roig and never had a problem or had to stand in a long queue as they dont have a desk in the bag collection area, they are in the public car park area away from all the tourists :)

Worth paying for full insurance as saves time as no checking the car on collection and return for damage.
Also the fuel policy is usually full to full as long as you leave a swipe of the card so they can charge if you don't fill it before return.

Most of the cars are very new Citroen or VW etc. I really like the C4 and DS4

Not the cheapest company but if you pay peanuts you usually get monkeys :)

Disorderly 19-08-2013 13:37

I've used Avis three times and Hertz twice in the last couple of years. Both Full/Full, decent newish cars, happy to accept my insurance4carhire and not be too "pushy" selling extras. Both very well organised when car returned and gave documentary evidence that the provisional credit card payment had been reversed - which is reassuring!

Used to use Goldcar but don't like their current terms or reputation.

BigErn 19-08-2013 14:29

Are Hertz and Avis both on site?

What are the queues normally like?

My two year old grandaughter is not very patient and this could be an important factor!!

KWUK2 19-08-2013 15:33

Yes Avis & Hertz are both on site at airport. Have used them both in the past but my preference for the past two years has been Sixt. On site also, German-owned I understand, and certainly very efficient, clear terms and conditions, no surprises, no waiting. Full-to-full fuel policy, best price if you book and pay in advance (and the latter then includes 'free' additional driver)

BigErn 19-08-2013 16:20

Tried Terrys, cant do it too busy, Goldcar have had some bad press about bogus creidt card charges. Where is the Autos Roig desk?, is the main car park the one opposite the terminal exit where the other car hire pick up desks are?

Mark 19-08-2013 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigErn (Post 87524)
Where is the Autos Roig desk?, is the main car park the one opposite the terminal exit where the other car hire pick up desks are?

Autos roig dont have a dedicated kiosk/desk as such, they are set up at a counter near some never used check in desks on the 4th floor of the main car park opposite the terminal, the other 'usual' companies have hire cars on the ground floor.
You will need 1 or two euros or a euro note for the car park ticket machine as the cars are in the public part of the car park so the ticket needs paying to lift the barrier.
All is obvious and good when you have tried them.:)

To save time it is worth paying for the all inclusive insurance to save any checking the car for any scratches.

We have been using them for maybe 10 years and never had any nasty unexpected card charges, all as expected :)

ragdollabbi 19-08-2013 18:36

Always use Hertz. Very seldom more than 2/3 people at desk and Hertz are very efficient and we also often get a free upgrade (Gold card customer) Certainly would recommend:)

Coolwater 20-08-2013 16:47

Vandrell at the airport 4th floor, used numerous times, quick and hassle free.

Papillon 20-08-2013 17:17

KWUK2 we always use Sixt and find them hassle free with no queues at the airport. Already booked for Oct, May and July for next year and as you say, if you book early everything is included.
Got fed up with the queues and rip off final price of the more popular rentals.

Luckyone 20-08-2013 18:03

Europecar, no hassle, Full Full. Book and pay in advance on line and give your details to become a 'Privilege' customer (more points cheaper rentals in time). You then go straight to the desk at the car park (missing out arrivals hall), pick up key and away you go.
On the way back no hassle here either. Not cheapest but can't fault them. Have received free upgrade.

Have also used Sixt, Hertz and Avis all very good (Avis have taken more time on their checks but still good).

roig cat 20-08-2013 19:24

Ive also booked Sixt for next July. Got a great price, better than Centauro this year.