Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-08-2012, 20:01

Default Vanrell

Would appreciate any recent experiences of car hire with Vanrell we have used in the past without problems but have read mixed reviews.
Many Tanks
Sponsored Links
Old 19-08-2012, 02:47

We used vanrell for the first time last year for 3 bookings in one trip!! A little complicated, but its because we got married in PP that we had 3 seperate bookings.

1st booking - Ordered a VW golf at a great price to be picked up at the airport, and dropped off after a week at the seasonal office in PP so that we can upgrade for a better car for the wedding. This was exactly to plan, got a nice tidy black golf at the airport which was a great car to lead us to the second booking.

2nd booking - My wife and I decided we would like to hire a Jeep Wrangler for a few days after the wedding and to start our honeymoon in Sa Coma and Estellences. Again this was ordered well in advance of our trip, and I was to pick this up on the day of our wedding. When I turned up at the PP office to drop the Golf off and pick up the Jeep, I was told that there Jeeps were either booked out or in for repair due to previous bookings. They tried offering me a Peugeot Convertable as a replacement but i negotiated a Chrysler Convertable instead (it was our wedding day after all). I did try for a Merc or a Mustang! Vanrell gave me the option of swapping this to the Jeep after a couple of days when one was to become available. I took the Chrysler for the wedding and for the first couple of days of the honeymoon, but did drive back from Sa Coma to swap this for the orginal Jeep for two reasons...

1. We both realy wanted to drive a jeep
2. The Chrysler proved great as a wedding car, but was not the most practicable for parking on the island.

So after getting the Jeep for a few more days was fantastic and was great to drive especially in the mountains.

3rd booking - Ordered in the same category as the Golf we had originally orderd for the last part of our Hol/Honeymoon. Again from the Seasonal office in PP and to be dropped off at the airport. We were given a Peugeot 308, which was a tidy a car, but I would have liked better (having previously owned a 307) but it got us from A to B!

Overall impression with Vanrell is that they are a good company to deal with. It helps that you dont have to wait in line at the airport and just go to the Car Park Check in on floor 4 (have had this with Formentor hire cars as well). The biggest mix up was not getting the car we wanted for the wedding day, but with some negotiating we had a good alternative.Would have also liked another Golf rather than an 308 for our last week, but thats the way it goes with Hire Cars. But I would recomend Vanrell!

Last edited by PP_Kev; 19-08-2012 at 02:59.
Old 19-08-2012, 07:04

Vanrell also have a good selection of ex rental cars for sale too!
Old 19-08-2012, 10:56

We used them for the first time this year

Good experience and good value

Did have a problem with the first car but took it to the office in PP and got it swapped with great service

Will use them again
Old 26-10-2012, 17:06

We had an extremely positive experience with Vanrell whilst we were in the port over the last three weeks! Travelled from the airport via Resorthoppa, all good. Picked up our pre-booked Fiat from the Puerto Pollensa office two weeks into the hol, returned it to the multi-storey carpark at Palma airport on the last day. Everything went smoothly & the car even had wheel trims! Would def use this option in future!
Old 26-10-2012, 17:59

We used Vanrell for the first time in the summer, the service and the car were very good, we have booked them again and collect the car from the airport tomorrow night.
PP76
Old 27-10-2012, 00:50

Yes, we will certainly use them again.
Old 27-10-2012, 08:36

Yes we are going to give them a go next year after the good things we have read about them and the bad reports on some other car hire firms

Certainly not worried about having wheel trims !!
Old 27-10-2012, 09:33

We have used them twice(villa parade), and found pick up great, no problem. Drop off, if you are unaware, as we were the first time can put you in the wrong (big) queue!
Also this year we felt the cars were rather on the limit for four ladies in each, with luggage.
Old 27-10-2012, 10:06

Unhappy

Hate to put a damper on all the above reports, but ours was not a good experience with Vanrell. Last year we hired a car (a Peugot 307) for one week, picked up and returned to the PP office. A week after we returned home we were horrified to find that an extra charge of 360 euros had been applied to our credit card, with no communication or advice to us. When I emailed for an explanation, was told it was for repairs to the damaged vehicle. Numerous emails later, and after we had contacted Barclaycard and Insurance 4 Carhire, we received our money back, but with no apology or explanation. I'm afraid it's put us off ever dealing with this company again.
Old 28-10-2012, 13:06

Oh Millipet, we haven't had our statement yet.....hears hoping all will be ok!
We took photos, which are dated, before we drove the car and again in the multi-storey in Palma. These showed the dents and scrapes already on the car. Thanks for the warning.
Old 16-08-2013, 00:50
Under Moderation

Default Our experience with Vanrell Car hire

We booked a car with them throught their website 31.07.13 until 07.08.13;

We sent them an e-mail before booking asking for a quote on the total price (full insurance with no excess), we got a vague answer(no price mentioned), later to find out that we had to pay an extra 30 euro to be fully covered.

When we got to their office in the airport, not pass 22.00 hours, there was nobody there, had to call their number ( international call ) and wait 10 min for someone to get to us, althought they had the exact time of arrival and we were the only one's arriving then.

The car we got was a 2011 Peugeot 207 CLASS C, 25000 km on the clock (unreal to me ), not even plastic caps on the wheels ( although we paid for them insurance). Next day I noticed the car had a noise coming from the exhaust muffler, probably blown. Reported this to their reception in Alcudia... because it was peak season they only had an old ford fiesta for me, which I clearly refused. The car held ok, but engine had no power on incline.

The biggest surprise was when I got home and double checked the booking ... we got a Peugeot 207 CLASS C despite the fact we paid for a Class C1 Vw Polo (or similar) which was in a different price range.

Overall experience with their staff : unprofessional, abrupt, unhelpfull, not even taking the time to correct their own mistake. Really not expecting this from such a reputable company.

Thank you for your time.