Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By pescador2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 14:11
Under Moderation

Default Picking up family from airport

Hi

I am holidaying with my husband, daughter and parents. My parents are arriving on a separate flight 2 hours after ours so we're planning on picking up the car and possibly going to Palma for an hour then returning to pick them up. At Manchester Airport you have to constantly circle the airport as you cant stop for more then 2 mins to pick someone up. What is the situation at palma? if we returned too early to pick them up will we have to circle the airport too? Another option is paying to park I guess, is it expensive?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 14:39
Super Moderator

Welcome Lalazig, i found this on-line for short term parking details and fees are as follows :-

Quote:
Has a capacity for 3,180 vehicles and is located on floors 1 to 4. There are six places per level located next to the lifts and escalators which are reserved for travellers with reduced mobility.

Rates: All or part of the first half hour, free. Price per minute: From 31 minutes to 60 minutes, €0.019480; from 61 minutes, €0.018556. Maximum daily rate up to 4 days, €10.80; maximum daily rate from fifth day, €8.65
Old 02-07-2013, 14:46

Hi

We pick up lots of times as our family constantly follow us to PP

IF its daughter who travels light and is able to just send me a text as soon as she has landed, we just park up at the petrol station close to the airport, have a drink in the Bar ( only in spain is there a bar at a petrol station ) and then do a drive by

If it is anyone else , we park up in the car park and arrange to meet at the bafe bar at the end of the moving pavement - easy and car park is so cheap
Old 02-07-2013, 15:12

Here are the car park details for Palma airport (with prices and location details) -
Parking offer - Palma de Mallorca Airport - Aena Aeropuertos

There is a short term car park, but the general car park wasn't all that expensive when I picked someone up a couple of years ago.
And there's no hassle if the plane or the luggage is delayed.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:29
Under Moderation

That's great - thanks for your speedy responses.

A bar at the petrol station sounds great!
Old 02-07-2013, 16:05

You say your parent's flight arrives 2 hours after yours!
You'll be very, very lucky if you have time to pick up your car and 'go to Palma for an hour' ??? I'm sure it will take over two hours to get the car, drive to Palma, drive back, then find your parents! Palma is a decent sized city with lots of traffic as well as the airport being large and being busy - it had record numbers of people through it only last week.
May be best to 'chill out' and go for a coffee at the café (at the end of the moving walkway, as mentioned above).
Old 02-07-2013, 16:44

I think i would do as Pescador 2009 suggests,much more relaxing than trying to get into Palma,park,only to return after a short while.
Old 02-07-2013, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalazig View Post
Hi

I am holidaying with my husband, daughter and parents. My parents are arriving on a separate flight 2 hours after ours so we're planning on picking up the car and possibly going to Palma for an hour then returning to pick them up.
thanks
Welcome to the forum

Remember never to park the hire car and leave it unattended when fully loaded with cases etc as that is just asking for a bad start to the holiday.

People have lost everything just by stopping at a supermarket and leaving a hire car unattended with luggage on display for 5 minutes.

safest / best option is as already suggested to collect your hire car keys and then have a coffee and see what the time is.

I would allow an hour just to get the car keys if arriving in the busy season.

You will need a big hire car for all those people if they all have a case

If there is enough time you might need to do a trip to your accommodation to drop some people and cases off and then return to collect the second set of parents as I make that 7 people in total which is a lot in one hire car.

Have a great holiday
Old 02-07-2013, 18:54

Hi, you haven't said whether you are picking up your hire car at the airport or at one of the off site locations.

If in the big carpark across the walkway I would stay there as others have said. However if off site another option is the VIP parking, which we only discovered a couple of years ago . We now always park here when picking up as it is a secure car park with an attendent, and located at the end of the terminal so you literally walk straight into the airport. Only costs a euro or so for about half an hours parking.
Old 03-07-2013, 14:37

The first half hour free mysteriously disappeared several months ago. I think it was only introduced as an excuse to stop the short term parking on the road between the car park and the arrivals terminal and once this had been established the charges returned. There appears now to be a minimum charge of 60 cents but that quickly increases. Last week I literally parked, walked downstairs to collect my friend from the cafe and came straight back, 10mins at the most - 85 cents. Hate to think what it would be for a couple of hours!