Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/)
-   -   Enterprise/Atesa (Palma Airport) (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/car-hire-airport-transfers-majorca/10314-enterprise-atesa-palma-airport.html)

Bails 27-06-2013 06:24

Enterprise/Atesa (Palma Airport)

Just thought I would share our experience of using this firm in early June. We have probably used at least six different car hire outfits during the past couple of years as we have normally booked via Holiday Autos, and they routinely use different car suppliers. Anyhow this experience was particularly positive. We were given a free upgrade from a basic economy car to a new Citroen Picasso (£149 for two weeks), given the option of fuel costs on a Full/Full or Full/Empty return basis, there was no hassle about taking out excess insurance (we already have our own annual policy) and no request for a credit card deposit to cover possible damage to the vehicle. I opted for the Full/Empty fuel option and we were finally charged £57 for a tank of diesel which covered the 1000 kms which we completed. The vehicle had full documentation/user manual, breakdown safety equipment, and there was no marking on the vehicle to denote that it was a hire car (hence tourist) - another useful safety feature. Of course nothing is ever guaranteed but I am feeling reasonably relaxed that we are also using this company again for our visit in September.
Graham B

Rosie34 27-06-2013 07:27

Hi Graham

Was that £149 for 2 weeks - not per week?:eek:

smg 27-06-2013 07:55

blimey, sounds good - on airport pickup?

Bails 27-06-2013 13:05

Yes - the price was for 14 days. I booked this in January through Holiday Autos but when I looked on the Enterprise/Atesa website recently this vehicle would have cost several hundred pounds more if booked directly. So much seems down to chance really.
Graham B.

Nick 27-06-2013 13:37

Am I correct in thinking though, unless you know otherwise, that when you book through Holiday Autos, you have no idea who the rental company will be until after the payment stage??

Rosie34 27-06-2013 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bails (Post 85458)
Yes - the price was for 14 days. I booked this in January through Holiday Autos but when I looked on the Enterprise/Atesa website recently this vehicle would have cost several hundred pounds more if booked directly. So much seems down to chance really.
Graham B.

Yes - thats what I found out when I checked online today (for this October):(

Disorderly 27-06-2013 21:12

I used Atesa in April and had a similar good experience.

Is Car Hire the most stressful part of any holiday?

Don't know the answer.....from year to year the views on different rental companies changes so much - which is why "up to the minute" feedback here is so useful.

Current consistent feedback seems to be OK Car Hire is far from "OK"!!

clinkham 27-06-2013 22:26

Seem to be a lot of OK cars parked around hotel Singala, so they must be hiring plenty. Either that or they are very conspicuous with a big OK sticker on the boot.

Mark 28-06-2013 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 85481)
Is Car Hire the most stressful part of any holiday?

no :) it's earning the money to pay for the holiday that is the stressful part :)

Car hire is easy is you avoid the cheapest prices advertised.