Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By majprop
  • 1 Post By Ellie84
  • 1 Post By clinkham
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 2 Post By lovemallorca
  • 2 Post By sws97sdg
  • 3 Post By Ellie84

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-04-2013, 15:34

Default Pollensa old town to Puerto Pollensa

Hi everyone

My boyfriend and I are coming out to Pollensa on May 11th for a week. We've got a villa just outside Pollensa old town.

Although we've got a car for the week, I think there'll be a few evenings where we'll want to head into Puerto Pollensa for dinner, bars etc. As we'll want to have a few drinks I think we'll be looking at taxis. Just wondered if anyone could tell me how long a drive it is and a rough guess at taxi costs or good local taxi companies?

It's our first time in Pollensa ao trying to suss some things out before we arrive )

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 24-04-2013, 15:59

The distance from the roundabout at Pollensa old town to Puerto Pollensa petrol station at the entrance to the town is 6kms. I understand the taxi charge for this is aprox 10 euros before midnight.
Sparky likes this.
Old 24-04-2013, 16:04
Super Moderator

Welcome Ellie , you will find a list of local taxi companies and approx fares here :- Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers.
Old 24-04-2013, 18:47

Thanks for that! That's really helpful.

Really looking forward to it! Read so many good things on here about Pollensa )
Sparky likes this.
Old 24-04-2013, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie84 View Post
Hi everyone

My boyfriend and I are coming out to Pollensa on May 11th for a week. We've got a villa just outside Pollensa old town.

Although we've got a car for the week, I think there'll be a few evenings where we'll want to head into Puerto Pollensa for dinner, bars etc. As we'll want to have a few drinks I think we'll be looking at taxis. Just wondered if anyone could tell me how long a drive it is and a rough guess at taxi costs or good local taxi companies?

It's our first time in Pollensa ao trying to suss some things out before we arrive )

Thanks

Many of the villa companies also recommend taxi companies that know where their properties are, and will also collect from your accomodation.

It is useful for you to know the name of the lane where your villa is located - That way it can be a bit easier than having to give directions in the dark!
Old 24-04-2013, 20:37

A torch can sometimes be a good companion it you are a little off the beaten track. If only to find the keyhole!
ryansclan likes this.
Old 24-04-2013, 22:06
Banned

I can't stress enough the importance of having the name and address of your villa on you at all times. The first time we rented a villa in PP it was between Pollensa and PP.

Turned up mid afternoon, unloaded, had a look round then drove into PP to check it out. Ended up having our evening meal there and returning in the dark. Oh dear, big mistake. Could we find it ?! Ended up finding the police station in Pollensa and a kindly officer ringing our holiday company and being given directions.

God was I cursing!! It took hours.

The torch is also a good idea I'd say btw.
Rosie34 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpaulanoah View Post
I can't stress enough the importance of having the name and address of your villa on you at all times. The first time we rented a villa in PP it was between Pollensa and PP.

Turned up mid afternoon, unloaded, had a look round then drove into PP to check it out. Ended up having our evening meal there and returning in the dark. Oh dear, big mistake. Could we find it ?! Ended up finding the police station in Pollensa and a kindly officer ringing our holiday company and being given directions.

God was I cursing!! It took hours.

The torch is also a good idea I'd say btw.
With the area now covered by Google Streetview, I would also suggest taking time to find your property on it before you go. Most villa hire companies can provide the coordinates and will give directions.

Not only does it mean that you can often find your villa much quicker when you arrive (maximising time in the sunshine), but seeing where it is can also add to that pre-holiday excitement...
sws97sdg and Lorenzo like this.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:21

The times I have walked along the sea front on goggle streetview!!
Belladonna and ragdollabbi like this.

On island time!!
Old 25-04-2013, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
A torch can sometimes be a good companion it you are a little off the beaten track. If only to find the keyhole!
Definitely agree - always keep torch ready packed in my flight bag!
Old 25-04-2013, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
The times I have walked along the sea front on goggle streetview!!
this might be interesting

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...html#post82927
Old 27-04-2013, 13:51

Thanks everyone for the tips and links! Hadn't thought of a torch. Good idea!

I have done the google street view thing, mainly out of pre holiday excitement but I struggled to pinpoint our villa exactly as I didn't have co-ordinates. I'll check if they're on our booking details. Looks like we're very near to the can vidalet (think I've got that right!) winery though. One of the lanes off of that road I think.

Love this website/ forum! Have been doing lots of research on here since I found it. 2 weeks and counting. Just worried that a weeks holiday there is going to fly by and not feel like nearly enough! )
pollensa, Sparky and lollipop like this.