Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > BEFORE YOU GO > Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca

Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca Anything related to car hire both via UK companies and local companies. Can include discussions on motoring, bringing your own car, taxis, airport transport etc.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Tonsyl
  • 2 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By Tonsyl
  • 2 Post By lovemallorca
  • 2 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 2 Post By anseof

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-2013, 17:22

Default Illegal Parking in PP

We watched this morning as the Policia Local identified a car illegally parked in the side streets of the Port.. No more than 15 minutes later, we saw the car being taken to the pound by the Gruas Pollensa lorry. Someone would have to pay dearly to get it back so, be warned, they are very swift on removing cars at the moment.
lollipop likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-05-2013, 11:43

Default Cars illegally parked

Yes good advice Tonsyl. We had our hire car parked in front of OUR garage a few years ago. We had a 'Vado Permanent' sign on the garage doors, not realising that no-one is allowed to park in front of them - not even us!

The car was craned away very quickly - luckily the whole episode was spotted by the local restaurant chef otherwise we would probably have assumed that it had been stolen.

Getting the car back took up the rest of the day but the policeman was kind enough to let us off the fine and just charged us for the cost of the crane....
LK1960 and lollipop like this.
Old 21-05-2013, 11:58

I should have "declared an interest" in that we had our hire car spirited away by Gruas in March! Our fault so as they say "bang to rights". €135 later, we were re-united!!!
lollipop likes this.
Old 21-05-2013, 12:19

Never been towed away, but have had a ticket in the past.

Made the mistake of "doing like the locals do" and parking along the front on Passeig Saralegui (the section between the Chinese Restaurant on the main roundabout and the Port car park)

My wife read the sign and told me that we could'nt park there, and I sited the fact that "everyone else does - It won't be a problem for a few minutes"

Lets just say that the atmosphere was "cool" when we returned and had to peel a parking ticket from the windscreen.

Never ever will I park illegally again.

The fine I can take, but never-ever do I want to experience the ear battering I got that day. Doing the "walk of shame" to the bank, in p*ss rain, with my wife calling me every name under the son, is enough to keep me on the straight and narrow....
lollipop and Romana like this.
Old 21-05-2013, 15:51

Laid out round the pool last week a Guardia Civil man came round asking whose car was parked on the road outside, there was only me there so couldn't help. Half an hour later a very distressed lady came looking for her car but it had gone, presumably towed away. We had it done to us a few years ago from the same stretch of road as there are no markings other than small spray painted red circles on the kerb which we didn't see in the rain. This mistake cost us over 100 Euros
Old 23-05-2013, 19:38

Are the parking meters/restrictions only in the centre of the town? We will be staying on the Pine Walk (Passieg Vora Mar) and will need to park the car close by. I'm assuming that the parking meters don't extend that far out from the town centre?
Old 24-05-2013, 13:07

The Blue bays usually go along the Formentor Rd,past the sis pins. Not sure where they stop.
Old 24-05-2013, 22:22

Thanks lollipop. I guess I should check with the apartment owner about where we can park for free.
Old 25-05-2013, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by anseof View Post
Are the parking meters/restrictions only in the centre of the town? We will be staying on the Pine Walk (Passieg Vora Mar) and will need to park the car close by. I'm assuming that the parking meters don't extend that far out from the town centre?
Parking in the Carrer Pescador (parallel to the Passeig Voramar) is free - but the street is one-way only and is very narrow so be careful to park in close the the walls and fold in your mirrors. Also take care not to park in front of any 'Vado Permanent' signs.
Alternatively, there is plenty of free parking in the Carrer Formentor (parallel to the Carrer Pescador) as long as you go beyond the Voramar Supermarket.

If we have lots of shopping to unload, we tend to stop by the apartment's entrance door in the Carrer Pescador to unload and then drive back round the block to park in the Carrer Formentor.
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 25-05-2013, 19:42

Looks like there Will be no free parking along the front even in winter from next year. Seems a little unnecessary to do that.
cumberland8 likes this.
Old 25-05-2013, 22:32

Lorenzo, thanks for the detailed response - we arrive tomorrow (very excited)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Parking in the Carrer Pescador (parallel to the Passeig Voramar) is free - but the street is one-way only and is very narrow so be careful to park in close the the walls and fold in your mirrors. Also take care not to park in front of any 'Vado Permanent' signs.
Alternatively, there is plenty of free parking in the Carrer Formentor (parallel to the Carrer Pescador) as long as you go beyond the Voramar Supermarket.

If we have lots of shopping to unload, we tend to stop by the apartment's entrance door in the Carrer Pescador to unload and then drive back round the block to park in the Carrer Formentor.
Sparky and lollipop like this.