Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Books, Guides and Maps (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/books-guides-maps/)
-   -   Books that we're reading at the moment? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/books-guides-maps/1442-books-were-reading-moment.html)

Debilicious 04-08-2006 16:13

Re: books

Just Finished Lesley Pearse...A lesser Evil, can recommend, is a fab read

sandy 04-08-2006 18:25

Re: RE:BOOKS

Cheniesbucks, let me know if you do get the Tractor/Ukraine book. I've often seen it but never really fancied it. If its as funny as you say,with good reviews, I might give it a try.

I'm not really into girly books but like something I can get my teeth into, that sucks me in and spits me out at the end!

bonez1977 05-08-2006 01:39

I am glad you hadn't all stopped reading !!..... i'm now on a very unseasonal book.... 'the cat that came for christmas' A really fun read for any cat lover , and a true story to boot !!
:rollin I could read it over and over again :rollin
(also two of my faves to read on holiday are Angelas ashes and the follow-up 'Tis...)
mmmmm Lovely,
Bonez (!):\

CathB 05-08-2006 02:48

Hi everyone
I can also recommend
PS I Love you - Cecila Ahern
The Unfortunates,The windsors - Laurie Graham
Blackeberry Wine,Gentlemen & Players - Joanne Harris
The Lost art of Keeping Secrets.......Rice (can remember her first name)
and currently reading Julian Clary - A Young Mans passage (a laugh out loud book)
Also although not new books I can also recommend any of DericLongdens books (2 of which were televised - Lost for Words with Thora Hird - Diana's Story with Julie Walters) and The Cat that came in from the cold)
The Tractor/Ukraine book was also a good read
For those with teenage daughters...if they like Louise Rennison they may also enjoy Ann Brasheras - Travelling Pants series of books

jiggy 05-08-2006 06:52

Hi cb (cb and now cd!, this is going to get confussing, :lol )
I havnt read any of your recomended books, but i would just like to say 'welcome to the forum:D '
and keep on posting. do you like footy?!!?:rollin
jiggy:D

Snowy 05-08-2006 14:07

Jiggy confused you are already do you not mean CD and now CB OK M8 UR :\ .

Jiggy books on footy I expect your team have been reading them all summer, Like how to look up to a Red, I love red and could there be a sting in the Hornets tail.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :eek :lol ;)

CathB 05-08-2006 23:50

Hi Jiggy - sorry to say dont like football (husband and daughter do though)..
have been a reader of the forum for quite some time but have now got round to "joining the club" as they say.
There are many more books I could recommend if only I could remember the titles...will have to have a think

bee66 06-08-2006 01:25

Although I've always got a book on the go my choices are a lot different to some forum members. I read a lot of thrillers, michael connolly, stephen leather etc.
I have also gathered several books on majorca some written many years ago. I bought one for my husband and it is called. Jogging Round Majorca by Gordon West.
You can buy it on amazon audio tape new and used and the book new and used.Well worth a read.

bonez1977 09-08-2006 00:18

Hello...... i'm about to start reading a new book... (autobiography) 'extreme' by sharon osbourne... i tried reading it on holiday in May, but it was difficult with kids around (half term week!) So i have now decided to try it again.. it's good as far as i've read!... also have the osbournes book which came out a couple of years ago... written by Ozzy, Sharon, kelly, jack and Aimee.... that is a good book, but you have to like the osbournes !!!

:evil :evil I Love Them !! :evil :evil

Bonez X

bonez1977 21-08-2006 01:55

Finished it !!!
It was a great read :b
Good old osbournes.. you can't beat 'em for something a little different.
Bonez x:b

mark 1 21-08-2006 04:04

Nearly finished my book now..
Just one more page to colour in, then thats it..
All done..
Mark

sandy 21-08-2006 15:52

Mark, I hope it was in coloured crayon. Did they take the pens away from you?:lol

JH02JLH 22-08-2006 15:03

I'm reading "The Pursuit of Happiness" by Douglas Kennedy at the moment.

On holiday I read his book "Special Relationship" which was just brilliant. I couldn't put it down. He was writing as a woman suffering from post natal depression (don't let this put you off) and I was amazed that he could write so convincingly.

He's a fantastic author (in my opinion) and I'm going to work my way through all his books.

Jane:D

bonez1977 26-08-2006 06:01

I have just started reading John Banvilles 'the sea' and wow!! i think i'm going to be seriously sucked in by this one!!:)
I'm not one to make a real habbit of reading but even if i'm nodding off tired i still have to pick it up and read a bit, beautifully written and a definate quiet time book (no kids allowed to be buzzing around)...
Well, if noone comes in to the chat room soon i think that's what i'll be doing !!
Love bonez x
|I

bonez1977 29-08-2006 05:27

Still reading the sea.:D

It's a great read, but not easy. but i think i'll get there!!

Love bonez x;)