Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 14:28

Default Cala Mollins - Cala San Vincente

Took the bus to Cala San last week (why is the service so infrequent when CSV is so close?) and were a little surprised to see how quiet CSV was - a few very visible businesses have closed

Anyway - Cala Mollins is IMO the nicest beach there and it seemed clean enough and not too busy. The sea was cool and refreshing - lovely to swim in on a hot day. The water is so clear and there are no boats like there are in PP.

Only complaint really about the beach is the lack of facilities. Thankfully we had used the loo in the Hotel Mollins (AKA God's Waiting Room) before we went down to the beach but getting ready to go for the bus back to PP we discovered the only public facilites are a rusty shower and the public loos really take the biscuit!! No door, no lights, sand caked (well ok you'd expect that), dirty, smelly, fly ridden - you risk a contageous disease just going in. And no tissue or any handwashing facilities - not recommended.

I am worried about CSV. We had planned to stay for lunch and taxi it home but nowhere appealed and there were no taxis. I got the feeling that the hotels are sounding the death knell for CSV as a place for day visitors. A woman told me she comes every year to the Hotel there - all inclusive for £349 including flights. She never eats out or even stops for a coffee or goes anywhere for the day - no wonder the local businesses are struggling... :
Sponsored Links
Old 17-07-2009, 17:36

Thumbs up In praise of a visit to CSV

CSV is such a lovely place to visit.

Agree with what you have said Lala, what a shame that the Dom Pedro was ever built! Spoilt that lovely bay. All inclusive may be appealing to some but it is the death knell of many a small traditional resort. Especially the quiet ones like CSV.

PP must resist its introduction at all costs!!

We usually walk across from PP and benefit from the wonderful views down to the bays from the Siller Pass. Except when the weather is stormy when a visit by car is wonderful to watch the waves swamp prom and roads!!

There is also a powerful roaring noise, and water geysers shooting up the holes in the prom, I listened to someone telling children that it was the noise and tears of an imprisoned dragon underneath.

It is really worth a visit when stormy.

Bar Mallorca is always our fav spot if you can find a seat when the cyclists visit!!

There is also a fantastic exclusive la Moraleja Hotel on the road out with a glass fronted garage showing some fantastic cars - def worth a visit.

Also some prehistoric burial caves on the outskirts for the historians amongst us (But don't get too exited)!

After this praising view, why do we go to PP instead?? Its probably a little quiet for us on an evening, otherwise its a wonderful place.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 17-07-2009 at 17:40.
Old 17-07-2009, 19:06

We have stayed in CSV for many years after discovering by accident (oh alright then getting lost...). When Tolo's restaurant was open we used to go there most nights to eat, then a quick drink somewhere else, then boys in bed in villa whilst we enjoyed the peace and the stars. However when we returned after a couple of holidays elsewhere we were shocked how it had deteriorated and the places that had closed down. We now stay in PP as it solves the argument over who is driving home on a night. We always go back to CSV for a few afternoons on the beach and a mooch about, and agree that it is spectacular when blowing a gale and stormy. We have been there when the hillside has been struck by lightening and set on fire! It was awesome but terrifying at the same - we have also been when the power has gone off in the whole resort for hours - total darkness and silence.
Many people leave the Dom Pedro to eat out, especially if they are there for two weeks as they say the food gets monotonous but it is till not enough to support the rest of the restaurants in the resort. CSV is starting to look a bit shabby which is such a shame
Old 23-08-2009, 09:59

Fireworks
Just a note about cala mollins beach, this weekend has been fiesta time in the cala, with two groups performing last night. Tonight is the firework display off Mollins beach, usually starts about 11.30, if you are driving in it may be difficult to park, and last year they closed off part of the road near the turning for Hotel Cala st vicenc.Before the fireworks there is usually a brass band performing in the small park opposite the hotel Nui.
Cala
Old 26-08-2009, 20:09

LaLa70W, I'm surprised you couldn't find anywhere to eat in CSV. When we go to majorca we always visit CSV for lunch. What is wrong with, Marinas, Pepe's and L'alba? We have never had a complaint about food in any of these establishments.What a shame you didn't try one.
Old 27-08-2009, 09:53

Smile

I agree Bee, we went from PP to CSV last year (mainly for old time sake, I went to CSV every year of my childhood). We had a lovely lunch at the L'alba and the food and atmosphere has not changed in there since my last visit there 20 years ago.
Old 03-10-2009, 22:31

Default Cala san Vicente

What a shame that CSV has received some negative reviews, we have had some wonderful holidays there over the past 15 years.Admittedly AI has been detrimental to local business but it is a lovely place and the local people go out of their way to make you welcome.Perhaps some of the problems are connected to the marketing of the place I can rarely find CSV in brochures apart from the Don Pedro,whose AI policy appears to be part of the problem for locals.However there are plenty of lovely villas and apartments if you look on websites and it is in a prime location for both Purto Pollensa And Pollensa.