Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 15:12

Default State of the Beaches in PP

Hello all,

Would just like to share my thoughts on the beaches in PP.

they are in very abd condition. Water is dirty, sand is aswell and there is a horrible smell all across, cleanest beach are the ones nearer the Illa Dor and the Military base, and I find they get dirtier as you go along to Alcudia.

Illa Dor Beach. Aceptable

Daina Beach. Terrible, dark and smelly from the marina I guess

Beach from the Stay to Tolos Bridge. Disgusting

Tamarells beach. Still very dirty and smelly but better than the before

Beach on the raod heading to Alcudia. Extremely Bad.

Why is it, that PP being one of the most sought after and exclusive areas in Mallorca we have these crappy beaches!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 15:49

Huh? How come I've just read a post by Debz (whose opinions I respect!) who says that the beaches and the sea in PP were spotless?
Old 07-07-2008, 15:55
Super Moderator

You beat me to it. Surely it can't change THAT quickly.
Old 07-07-2008, 16:06

I slightly agree with some of ppmafioso points, the stretch in front of the Diana has darker sand and sometimes does smell a bit but as it is right next to the boats although the water is clean. The bit between the Stay and the bridge is far from disgusting. The beach by the road is not bad, its just not cleaned, so is naturally gets some of the float some and jetsam settling there.
Remember advice from else where ladies, donít feed the trolls
Old 07-07-2008, 17:01

I didnt look for other posts on beaches, just wrote my opinion on the ones I have been to in the Port.

And I am sorry but if you compare them to beaches like Playa de Muro, Cala, and the South of the Island, the ones in PP are disgusting. I was at the one in Tamarells at the weekend and if you dig a hand full of sand it is grey and smells terrible...

"Remember advice from else where ladies, donít feed the trolls "

Are you saying im a troll? sorry but I think you are miss understood... This is my sencere opinions on the state of the beaches in PP, each is entitle to there own opinion, and each must respect each others.

No point calling me a troll when I contribute to this site, and all my posts are genuine.

I hope I am wrong with the whole troll thing, but I understand you are saying I am a "fake" and perhaps talking rubish. As I have said before this is not the case.
Old 07-07-2008, 18:19

sorry ppmafioso
The trolls remark wasn't aimed at you in particular, as you may have seen there seems to be an attempt by some here to wind people up, the remark was a reply to this, it was just a warning to others not to retaliate.
I didnít say you couldn't voice your opinion, in fact I agreed with some of your points. So carry on posting, I assume your views are genuine, just let us reply with our opinions as well
Old 07-07-2008, 22:33

In my opinion the part of the beach we use ...south sandy beach between Tolos and Tamarells IMO was very clean.. not grey ,smelly or dirty . The water was very clean and clear
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
sorry ppmafioso
The trolls remark wasn't aimed at you in particular, as you may have seen there seems to be an attempt by some here to wind people up, the remark was a reply to this, it was just a warning to others not to retaliate.
I didnít say you couldn't voice your opinion, in fact I agreed with some of your points. So carry on posting, I assume your views are genuine, just let us reply with our opinions as well
Sorry about that, it seems I had deeply missunderstood you before, I thought you were saying I am the troll and my opinions werent genuine.

A common internet miss-understanding!

Apologies again.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
In my opinion the part of the beach we use ...south sandy beach between Tolos and Tamarells IMO was very clean.. not grey ,smelly or dirty . The water was very clean and clear
I havent been to that part of the beach in a while, so I have to agree with you. I do know that Tamarells how ever has seen better days!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41

Well I have been reccommended to come to PP but after reading this Thread I am unsure We want to go to a nice resort with Fantastic Beaches and Sea.. If this is not the case I need to choose somewhere else on the Island? This is my first visit to Majorca....
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55

I think if you read all the post regarding the beaches, there are some from previous year as well, you should see that the majority of people are more then happy with the quality of them, in fact the had the European Blue flag award last year which says a lot. Does anyone know if they have been awarded it again this year?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57
Super Moderator

Please don't be put off by one opinion, i think most people are happy with the beach in PP.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:35
Founder

Default Blue Flags

To see this year's Blue Flags - see http://www.blueflag.org/blueflag/200...lity&order=asc

In Puerto Pollensa, Tamarells beach (South Sandy Beach) does have a flag, as does Formentor, & Calas Molins & Barques in Cala San Vicente.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42

Thanks for that pollensa,
I think that must prove that these beaches are clean because the regulations regarding the awarding of the flags are very stringent and daily checks of water condition are carried out.
I think that should put your mind at rest cosmicbabe, good name by the way
Old 08-07-2008, 16:06

I think the beaches are great 2bh . You can't expect them to be spotless with the amount of people that use them . But I must agree that the beach near the hotels (by the pine walk ) isn't the nicest part of the beach . personally it gets cleaner the further up you go
Yve