Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2024, 13:14

Thanks Sparky,
But as I read this and try to understand, it is bad news for the Port as a whole but particularly the Llenaire end of town.
Yet another example of the local town council trying to send business elsewhere
Sharonh, mike_dublin and Tangoman like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2024, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Bad news .
Bit of a shocker alright.

Perhaps they should have asked the Costas Authority how to do the tenders?

No surprise, that dividing the beaches and terraces up in lots lead to cherry-picking by the bidders.
Sharonh, Tangoman and Miller like this.
Old 09-05-2024, 10:35
Super Moderator

From FB, posted by the AVPP.

Quote:
Surely you have all seen the state of neglect in which the beaches of Moll and Sant Vicenš are at this beginning of the season.
The reason for not starting the cleaning and conditioning tasks is the expiration of the concessions for all seasonal beach services (rentals of loungers and parasols, whips, sailboards, parasols... ), which ended at the end of 2023.
The competent organ for the new tender, once authorized for the Ministry of the Sea and the Water Cycle, is the Pollenša Council, which published the call on April 20, with a deadline for submission of tenders ending May 6.
The Administrative and Technical Files that govern tenders determine the operating conditions of each lot, as well as the minimum fee for economic proposals to participate in the tender.
Ido what was our surprise to see that the amount of the canon of some of the lots that the AVPP usually opted for presented an increase of 130% compared to the last tender, an increase that, on the other hand, did not apply to the other auctioned lots. In addition, no type of economic study was attached that justifies the fixed quantity or guarantees its viability.
Consequently, given the impossibility to participate in the procedure for being economically unviable, allegations were presented to the Plecs that were not approved by the contracting authority, so they opted to present a Reposition Appeal against these and other points of the Plecs of administrative and technical clauses.
After the deadline for submission of tenders, we have learned from the statement published by the Pollenša Council, that the lots of Tamarells and Cala i Albercuix, responsible for cleaning and maintenance of beaches, have become deserted, and that they will be put up for tender again.
We trust that the conditions of the new tender are adjusted to the real possibilities of exploitation of the affected lots, and that the beaches of the Moll and the Cala can shortly be endowed with the services corresponding to a tourist district like ours in such advanced dates of the season.
This is the situation at the moment, that the Board of Directors wanted to inform you about so that you have first-hand information as a Member of the AVPP.
El Gordo, mike_dublin and Tangoman like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-05-2024 at 10:37.
Old 09-05-2024, 11:28

With a bit of luck may be solved by Christmas...I think the expression is " manyana ".
Does this include the beach bars Embat and La Roca? How can these enterprises arrange for the season at such short notice. I assume that the lifeguard stations will be operating.
mike_dublin and Tangoman like this.
Old 09-05-2024, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Thanks Sparky,
But as I read this and try to understand, it is bad news for the Port as a whole but particularly the Llenaire end of town.
Yet another example of the local town council trying to send business elsewhere
I understand from Jet2 that building works are ongoing in Llenaire next to the Hobby Club Appts even though the seasonal building restrictions should have come into force. Any details please?
Old 09-05-2024, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
I understand from Jet2 that building works are ongoing in Llenaire next to the Hobby Club Appts even though the seasonal building restrictions should have come into force. Any details please?
Just returned from Llenaire and the place going up next to The Hobby Club is mahoosive! I was surprised that they were still working on the site and starting at 8am. We didn't hear any drilling or the like, but lots of metal clanging. I'd post a pic, but after my last efforts, won't bother.
mike_dublin and Miller like this.
Old 09-05-2024, 12:03

Certainly no sign of La Roca, Embat or Llaut being reinstated any time soon. (on 6th May) I can't believe the companies tendering for the sunbeds and parasols have any control over the beach bars, as these are run by separate organisations/companies.

Either way its a proper sh1tshow and as has been said, with losing Suirell and the Galleon dilapidated...Llenaire is not looking great!
mike_dublin, Tangoman and Miller like this.
Old 09-05-2024, 13:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
With a bit of luck may be solved by Christmas...I think the expression is " manyana ".
Does this include the beach bars Embat and La Roca? How can these enterprises arrange for the season at such short notice. I assume that the lifeguard stations will be operating.
I would have thought, that the provision of the lifeguards are part of the beach tender. Perhaps Sparky knows more?

In regards to the beach bars, I took it, that they were included in the 32 'terraces' that were tendered.

Looking for an increase of 130% for some of the lots, as per the FB post mentioned, compared to the previous tender is quite steep.
The fees for the parasols and the sunbeds will likely reflect it. Once they get around to putting them onto any of the beaches.

Had a brief look at the tender. The terraces in question only apply to the actual terraces in front of restaurants and hotels, as far as I could see, not the beach bars.

The estimated tender value for the lot is about EUR 5.7m for the beach services and the terraces for 2024-2027

https://contrataciondelestado.es/wps...1C3JzHQGG7Fpy/
Tangoman and Miller like this.

Last edited by mike_dublin; 09-05-2024 at 14:03. Reason: Tender info
Old 09-05-2024, 21:33

Please forgive me for banging on but have been to Alcudia beach today and it was packed with people enjoying all the facilities up and running whereas on my return to PP the beach was empty!! Whilst great for photo opportunities to see the place like a deserted Carribbean Island it does not bode well for the longevity of the lovely businesses and staff that makes PP such a great place to be!! Shame our small voice has no influence on the great and good of the local town council

Last edited by Teflon; 10-05-2024 at 17:06.
Old 10-05-2024, 07:04

The authorities just can't seem to get there act together, when procedures change.
As per the 'on the beach 2021'-thread, it took until 1 July, to get the poles for the sun umbrellas up at Tamarells.
There was an issue around tendering then.
Local politics might have an impact too.

I get, that some legal steps have to be followed, when it comes to the tendering, but they sure take their time.

Damaging their 'product' with their admin issues doesn't seem to cause them much concern.
Old 10-05-2024, 08:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
The authorities just can't seem to get there act together, when procedures change.
As per the 'on the beach 2021'-thread, it took until 1 July, to get the poles for the sun umbrellas up at Tamarells.
There was an issue around tendering then.
Local politics might have an impact too.

I get, that some legal steps have to be followed, when it comes to the tendering, but they sure take their time.

Damaging their 'product' with their admin issues doesn't seem to cause them much concern.
Also, not all areas have to follow the same procedures. For example, Alcudia council operate the beds and brollies, so no need to wait for tenders .
Old 10-05-2024, 09:05

Life guards are in place now. The beach bars and the sunbed operators are not connected.
Old 20-05-2024, 07:53

Bit of a write up by Andrew Ede in the MDB about the PP sun loungers. Or rather lack thereof.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...nloungers.html
Quote:
Yet in Pollensa, for one reason or another, there seems to be an unerring ability to balls the whole thing up.
see full article on the MDB website
Tangoman and Teflon like this.

Last edited by mike_dublin; 20-05-2024 at 07:54. Reason: spelling
Old 20-05-2024, 09:02

As an example of total ineptness and total disregard of the tourists whose hard earned cash support the local economy, businesses and most importantly people - you couldn't make it up!!
PP76, Golfaholics, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Teflon; 20-05-2024 at 09:05.