Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree112Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2020, 10:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz_eq View Post
I can see from the “See Mallorca” webcam that the umbrellas have started to be put up on the beach. They appear to be more distanced from each other than usual, obviously due to the situation. I can’t really tell 100% by looking at the webcam if they actually are. Are the umbrellas more spaced out and does anyone know what is happening with sunbeds (again, because of the current situation and cross contamination etc!)?
I am pretty sure all regulations will be adhered to .
lollipop likes this.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:33

Looks amazing on the web cam this morning, but so surreal seeing just one family on the beach in mid August!
MalcolmS and Tangoman like this.
Old 14-08-2020, 11:34
Super Moderator

The volleyball courts have been removed this morning .
Old 15-08-2020, 10:35

Isn't part of the problem, as it is here in the UK, that youngsters haven't been social distancing contributing to the increase in cases. Maybe they should have been removed some time ago.
Old 15-08-2020, 13:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by klad1 View Post
Isn't part of the problem, as it is here in the UK, that youngsters haven't been social distancing contributing to the increase in cases. Maybe they should have been removed some time ago.
I have to agree lots of youngsters haven’t really ‘got social’ distancing although there are many adults who haven’t either.
I can see that volleyball could carry a potentially high level spread of cross infection. Every time I’ve looked on the webcam in the past few weeks they’re has been large groups playing
klad1 likes this.
Old 15-08-2020, 13:37

At home, throughout the lockdown, we've witnessed "6th form" youngsters in groups of 6 or 8 walking through the village lanes, whereas older shoppers seem to occasionally lapse. Dunno if I'm right on this, but could the problem with volleyball be that each player is handling the ball during play? Sports activities that were first allowed to resume were those where equipment was not shared.
It's been suggested frequently that surface infection rather than air transmission has been the greater risk - debates over face masks BUT agreement on hand washing
klad1 and car77 like this.
Old 20-08-2020, 18:59

Just seen the volleyball net is back up on the beach with 4 people playing. Perhaps they are letting people from the same household play a game, although it’s a very sweaty game with a lot of contact
Old 20-08-2020, 19:52
Super Moderator

I have just looked and can't see any nets, just some youngsters sat on the wall, maybe they used their own net .
debz1 likes this.
Old 20-08-2020, 22:15

I think the bigger problem on the beach at thre moment are the large parties going on under the trees past La Roca. At the weekend there were several parties going on simultaneously. Absolutely no distancing ( or masks obv).
Old 21-08-2020, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I have just looked and can't see any nets, just some youngsters sat on the wall, maybe they used their own net .
I think you’re right sparky it’s not there this morning!
Sparky likes this.
Old 21-08-2020, 18:04

I really can’t understand why people are so stupid and thoughtless, particularly youngsters who are terrific spreaders of the virus with generally no, or minor, symptoms. Every situation where an outbreak has occurred has been attributed to inappropriate gatherings.....so for heaven’s sake, why can’t people be responsible? I’ve diligently followed advice, and quarantine rules thanks to those muppets who are completely self-centred and selfish.
debz1, Tommo and Enjay like this.
Old 22-08-2020, 15:24

They are now saying that a lot of the problems are on Bar/ restaurant terraces and it is now necessary to wear your mask until food or Drink arrive and put it back on when finished eating. If everyone obeys the rules , we will all be safe. Party boats are banned but yesterday I saw a boat albeit without music and less people looking as if they were spaced until they all tried to get off the boat into the sea.
Old 18-09-2020, 14:22
Super Moderator

Looks like all the beds have been removed .
lollipop likes this.
Old 18-09-2020, 15:35

Been going to PP for over 30 years now, and would have gone this year except for Jet2, but I must say that looking at the webcam 1 minute ago, it is the bleakest August that I have ever witnessed in all that time. I sincerely wish the very best of luck to all the businesses that are trying to survive in the resort, particularly all the restaurants and bars, and of course all the Hotels and Apartments, not forgetting Louisa from Al Fresco (and also from Northern Ireland).

God willing, we will be there as a complete family party of 14 in August next year, for the first time since the kids flew the coop! And we will be spread all over the place - different apartments, and Sandra and I will be slumming it in The Miramar - can't wait.

And to all of you forum members who are lucky enough to actually live there in PP, take care and keep safe!
Old 08-10-2020, 07:49

Default Sun umbrellas gone for 2020

Did I not notice it on the webcam, or were the sun umbrellas only pulled yesterday?

Let's hope it'll be a better summer for all in 2021.

Keep staying safe and healthy.
Closed Thread