Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Beaches (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/)
-   -   Trip to Formentor Beach (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/11483-trip-formentor-beach.html)

pollensa 18-07-2014 17:50

Trip to Formentor Beach

We had a lovely trip today to our favourite beach at Formentor - weather is boiling still 31C at 6:30 pm - but there it was nice and breezy.

As usual we took the bus but I think the time has changed as we didn't have time to get our baguettes made up at Al Fresco - they open at 9:30 and the bus now leaves at 10 (see Transport in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca - taxis, bus, trains, airport transfers) - so we opted for Voramar supermarket who have ready made baguettes with cheese and tomato or ham (York), cheese and tomato so not as adventurous but fine for the beach. They have various pastries, empanadas etc. too.

We got to the bus shelter (by the Marina) at about 9:30 and there was already quite a crowd but make sure you do get the bus stating Formentor as there were several others going at the same time. Fare is 1.55 EUR single and the view on the way is gorgeous. You arrive at 10:20 before all the boats as the first boat arrives at 11:30.

At the beach we always make for the loungers on the RIGHT (as you face the sea). It doesn't get too crowded and is not far from the toilets (pretty clean & with loo roll!), the shop - I bought the perfect little sun dress/beach coverup for 9.95 EUR - and you can get drinks, ice cream etc. and food in the cafe, if you need to (rather expensive).

There is a bus that leaves at 15:45 but for the first time we went for returning by boat (a lovely change). There are several - we got the 15:30 and paid 7 EUR single (it's 12 EUR return). The boat was pretty full so you do need to get there in plenty of time - especially if you haven't a return ticket. I did notice another woman wearing the same beach dress :( but it's still my favourite beach!

animagic21 18-07-2014 19:10

We did the same trip a year ago. Formentor Beach is beautiful. We walked about a mile up the beach where the hotel sunbeds are €55 a day! The view is stunning & could be the Carribean!
When catching the bus there, we found it was an enormous free for all! A bit like boarding a Ryanair plane before the allocated seats! All sense of order & politeness completely out of the window!! Worth it though!!!

pollensa 18-07-2014 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by animagic21 (Post 96513)
We did the same trip a year ago. Formentor Beach is beautiful. We walked about a mile up the beach where the hotel sunbeds are €55 a day! The view is stunning & could be the Carribean!
When catching the bus there, we found it was an enormous free for all! A bit like boarding a Ryanair plane before the allocated seats! All sense of order & politeness completely out of the window!! Worth it though!!!

I forgot to say loungers for normal people are 13.50 for 2 plus shade or 4.50 for a single one.

animagic21 18-07-2014 22:10

I must stress we didn't hire a bed at that price....just choked at the thought of it!!

El Gordo 19-07-2014 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by animagic21 (Post 96513)
...............................a mile up the beach where the hotel sunbeds are €55 a day! ................!!!

Priced to keep the riff raff away!! :eek: