Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-07-2003, 07:27
Pollensa Belle

Default Showers

After visiting many beaches on the Island I have noticed that a lot of them have showers. Why hasn't Puerto Pollensa got any? I think it would be a good thing especially for kids also us adults just to get rid of those little bits of sand that seem to get into all those little places.:x
What does anyone think. Await to see your views.
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2005, 19:16
TRACEY

Default Re: Miscellaneous

Totally agree with you.
There is nothing worse than having sand between your toes

Tracey
Old 30-07-2005, 00:54
PennyWhite

Default Re: Miscellaneous

While we were there recently but hubby and I had gone to get th ebaguettes for lunch (another plug for Al Fresco takeaway shop), my son and others on the beach were approached by a representative of the local council who had a survey they were asking people to complete. We just saw it briefly before it was taken away but one of the suggestions they asked if people would like was beach showers... son had duly ticked that box.
As we were staying on the Pine Walk it wasn't a problem heading upstairs for a shower, but beach showers are something we look for: makes such a difference.
Old 30-07-2005, 00:55
Founder

As they are aiming for a Blue Flag I would have thought they woud have to have them. I assume that's why they have lifeguards now.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:54
robjay

Fresh water is a big Enviromental problem in Mallorca, It's fresh water is limited and as the demand has started to outstrip the sourse, the water table has become smaller and caves which previously contained fresh water now contain sea water which erodes the rock. This means that fresh water will have to be shipped in from the mainland at a very high cost to locals. Something the small farmers are not happy about as this extra cost will mean the difference between survival and their farm which has been in their family for generations having to be sold. And we screamed at the small eco-tax charges?.
Does washing the sand off your toes seem that important when you think of the long term costs to the enviroment?.
How about we use salt water to wash the sand off?. grap the kids bucket fill it with sea water and pour it over your toes, you may bring a smile to the locals faces.

Rob
Old 04-08-2005, 17:21
Pollensa Poppet

I was staying in Puerto Pollensa last week and was told that showers were being erected on the beach but I did not see any work in progress.
Old 04-08-2005, 19:58
star81

Default Beach Showers

Hi

Was in PP last weekend and there are now showers up but they were not yet switched on. They are beside the wall and just look like sqaure wooden pillars with a shower on each side. Blend in quite well so don't worry they do not spoil the beach.

Star
Old 05-08-2005, 03:13
Lady Pollenca

Default Showers

I am very relieved to hear of these new showers, it will stop a certain gentleman from illegally using the Sis Pin showers, I wont mention any names because I'm a Lady but he wears a fedora and grey or orange shorts and can be seen in El Posito most mornings having a coffee and reading the daily paper!
Old 05-08-2005, 05:09
steve

Lady Pollensa,

I must protest my innocence at these scandalous accusations, I was merely checking the vicinity of the Sis Pins shower area looking for my Ocean###s, which was last seen somewhere along the Pine Walk!

However, I'm hoping that Pollensa Poppett will see it in her heart to replenish my dwindling stocks of said Ocean###s now that we're back home.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:32
Senor Ken

Default Showers

What a strange group we are, from enviromentally friendly to feeling guilty, What a shower!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56
Lady Pollenca

Default Showers

I'm afraid guilty as charged on this occasion Steve! Its no surprise your aptly named talcum powder has run out, do you still have sun cream left for the beach? as the rate you use it at I think Pollenca Poppett will be very busy running up her own Ocean**** replenishing your stocks! Happy days wish we were back in PP.
Old 05-08-2005, 20:42
jellybean

Please can you tell me where the showers are situated? Are there any near the statue at the start of the Pine Walk?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31

Default showers

Went past two showers this evening at Llenaire and near El Ancla (the "posh" end of town!)

Best wishes,

Frito.