Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-2006, 21:07
Debilicious

Default pine walk end of pollensa beach

hi,

could anyone tell me if the Pine Walk end of beach is wide enough for sunbathing, as most of it seems to narrow, or is it the angle of the shot....aslo is the dirty beach problem resolved yet ???:hat
Sponsored Links
Old 16-03-2006, 01:03

We love this end of the beach. It's a lot quiter, and although its narrow, it never seems to be jam packed. Whenever we've been, the beach has always been raked at night. It's just so peaceful, I rarely venture onto the other side of the marina, what we call the 'tourist beach' ! But if you have kids, I suspect that side is better as there are far more amenities.
Old 16-03-2006, 01:35
Debilicious

Thanks sandy,

Exactly what i wanted to hear, as i now know, we have coincided our 2 week visit, with the UK half term: eek...kiddin !! do you know any other gorgeous secluded beaches, we will be doing a lot of walking, so can access on foot !!
Old 16-03-2006, 02:56
Sazzle

Hi Debi

I think the beach at Formentor may be what you are looking for. Cheniesbucks has just come back from a week in PP and she spent a lot of time there. She said the beach and sea were beautiful.

Sarah
Old 16-03-2006, 17:43
Debilicious

hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply,

I have been looking at that beach, it looks fab, is it easily accessible, and do you know how long it takes to walk there ?

for some reason, thought it was only accessible to the 5 star hotel, god knows why ??

bring on may 18th !!
Old 16-03-2006, 18:49
fitzge

You will need the car or bus for this beach. It could be done on foot but its along way up and down mountains never seen people walking there. Or you could get the boat from PP. It gets very busy in summer you have to get there early to get your spot. Should be ok in May. Its a lovely beach in the summer we go from 8.30 to 7 a great beach to people watch.We have a villa in CSV we have lovely small beaches here with clear water and its not to far to walk from PP. Stay untill the sunsets at the MallorcaBar with a jug of sangria and watch the mountain turn pink.
Thats where you will find me in three weeks time!!
Old 16-03-2006, 19:09
Debilicious

sounds perfect, looking forward to many sunsets, and sunrises for that matter, my fave part of the day!

we are hiring a car (smart car..lol) for a week, so we will be mobile, envious of you going in 3 weeks !!! my time will come!!!

To be honest im bowled over with peoples passion for P.P....im usually a south mallorca girl, but as im hitting 30 !!! but as they say, your only as old, as the man you feel!! or woman ...;-)...

Any particular beach, that is by this mallorcaBar for sangria and sunset !! or do i just follow signs for CSV

have a fab time when you go!!!
Old 16-03-2006, 21:25
Founder

For Formentor beach see this info I posted last year - well worth a visit - p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm18.showMessage?topicID=20.topic
Old 16-03-2006, 21:26
Debilicious

cheers pollensa !!
Old 16-03-2006, 21:27
Debilicious

also do you know any sites that contain reviews for the Pollensamar aptos ??? cant find any personally !!

Deb
Old 16-03-2006, 23:26
fitzge

Just follow the signs. CSV has two small bays you will be able to see pink mountain at both. cala molins is where you will find mallorcan bar, next to carpark.
Looking forward to it ,not been since August.
Its a working week painting and cleaning but will make lots of time for sangria!!
Old 17-03-2006, 00:18
Debilicious

its a hard life ey Fitz, do you need a P.A...a general goffer even !! im very good !...lol !!

have a fab time when you go!!! as im sure you will !!! have a sangria..or 3...for me !!

I was in alps recently, and as sun went down, mts were bright cerise, was amazing, so glad i will get to see that, breathtaking !!! ive made a note of the mallorcabar...
Old 17-03-2006, 05:15
Snowy

Deb

Are you on broadband? if so download Google Earth you can get in close to PP even see you apartments and the beaches etc you can play with it hours, happy viewing.

Snowy

Ps Pop in the chat room sometime always people in there to help you.:hat
Old 17-03-2006, 05:47
Founder

You can also see our interactive map for some lovely panoramas of the beaches - see www.puertopollensa.com/maps/interactive-map-majorca.html
Old 17-03-2006, 18:17
Debilicious

thanks guys,

forgot about google earth snow!! will get on it tonight, just got new p.c, so waiting for that to be installed !!!

Thanks for your tips !!!

Debs