Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Beaches (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/)
-   -   Sunbathing (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/beaches/11383-sunbathing.html)

Rosie34 18-06-2014 15:13

Sunbathing

Whenever we were in the port, even at the height of the day, we couldnt get over the number of people just lying flat out on the beach with no shade, hat or anything - dont know how they do it - or why:confused: Probably accounts for a lot of the shirtless lobsters you still see walking about the town and in the shops:eek:

littlebird 18-06-2014 15:53

I've never understood that either. When slathered in factor 50 I can manage 10 minutes but it's just unpleasantly hot! I'd rather be under a brolly with a good book and a cold drink :)

lovemallorca 18-06-2014 16:43

I think that alot of the "lobsters" were caught out during the early part of the week, with the cool, cloudy mornings that have turned into hot afternoons.

PP is generally blessed with such a lovely breeze that sunbathing is usually very enjoyable. Compare it to Cala St Vicence, just around the coast, where the enclosed beaches often feel like you are in an oven!

triplets 05-07-2014 08:33

Hi we are coming out on the 15th for 10 days. Think my daughter is going to suffer with the heat, she does here when its in the early 20`s. Can you tell me how much it is now to rent beach parasol or should I buy one? Thanks :)

Timberman 05-07-2014 08:38

last year it was about 12euros for a parasol and 2 sun beds for the day. You can buy a beach parasol from one of the local shops for around the same price but then you don't have the sun beds.

triplets 05-07-2014 08:45

Thanks Timberman, that's quite a lot of money x`s 10 days. Trouble is my husband has had years of surgery following cancer and he will need a chair, he won`t be able to get up off of a sunbed easily because of abdominal surgery. Probably have to buy one!

Sparky 05-07-2014 09:37

Have a look in the charity shop, you might pick up a bargain ;).

copper 05-07-2014 20:11

We did use sunbeds and Parasols while we were there but noticed more people bringing their own down to the beach this year

A couple we have met there before bought two chairs and a decent size parasol for 40 Euros from one of the shops down from the Pollensa Park and that is certainly a lot cheaper then 2 weeks times 12 Euros ! They said last year someone gave them 2 chairs as they were leaving and thought it seemed like a good idea to save a bit of money to buy their own this year

triplets 06-07-2014 00:18

Sparky where is the charity shop? Me and the kids will be fine on the sand but my husband would never get up, he`d had 6 lots of abdominal surgery poor thing. We might be lucky and find there is something in the apartment.