Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Beaches

Beaches Do you have a favourite beach? Know of any activities on specific beaches?

Like Tree351Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeMimosa View Post
DRIVE UP!! What all the way to Tamarells. is that 3 minute walk getting too much for you
Drove back that way on the way back from the turtle hunt!!! And it's way past Tamarells

I think this enormous floating lilo play thingy is a real blot on the landscape! It's about 50 yards out from the beach opposite Hobby club half way between Tamarells and Swing. Can only imagine it suitable for teenagers as it would be too far out for young children to get to. It looks like an accident waiting to happen, and the lifeguard was blowing his whistle telling people to get off it,as it is not being manned yet. The thing I dislike most about it is that the beautiful backdrop of La Fortelesa is completely ruined by this bright green and yellow monstrosity which is taking over the view. We could even see it from Stay last night.

I don't understand who possibly could have thought this was a good idea for PP

Last edited by debz1; 04-07-2014 at 14:51.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 15:31

What we need is another petition ! Water parks should be an enclosed affair, the sea should be open viewing. That's why people come.
Old 04-07-2014, 15:52

Right smack in the part of the beach we always go. Had some great photos in the early morning from here.
Looks like we will have to find another spot unless my speargun misfires whilst I am snorkeling,.......... Accidentally of course!!!!!!
PP76, its cd, debz1 and 4 others like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
What we need is another petition ! Water parks should be an enclosed affair, the sea should be open viewing. That's why people come.

Sounds like a plan!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 04-07-2014, 19:38

what a bunch of snobs....our teenagers had a great time on it today...cant see how it spoils a view considering the number of banana boats,etc buzzing round this afternoon...im probably not allowed to comment, as weve only been coming here for 12 years, and have not «bought» here, but fwiw we think it a great asset, and wish the operators well...go wibit! :-)
Old 04-07-2014, 22:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg View Post
what a bunch of snobs....our teenagers had a great time on it today...cant see how it spoils a view considering the number of banana boats,etc buzzing round this afternoon...im probably not allowed to comment, as weve only been coming here for 12 years, and have not «bought» here, but fwiw we think it a great asset, and wish the operators well...go wibit! :-)
Oh thanks for that smg. I wasn't aware that if I have an opinion on something that made me a snob but hey ho

I said I thought it looked like a health and safety nightmare...how easy for someone to fall off and get stuck underneath it if you weren't a confident swimmer. I also stand by my comment that it spoils the view when you look out across the bay as it is a static structure, unlike a banana boat

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as am I, but I don't think name calling is particularly constructive.
Old 04-07-2014, 22:18

doesn't look like a water park as such more like the game show set the wee tiny guy from top gear presented on bbc 1 from argentina :/

opinions will be divided, i'll give it a go though looks a laff
favie and roig cat like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Oh thanks for that smg. I wasn't aware that if I have an opinion on something that made me a snob but hey ho

I said I thought it looked like a health and safety nightmare...how easy for someone to fall off and get stuck underneath it if you weren't a confident swimmer. I also stand by my comment that it spoils the view when you look out across the bay as it is a static structure, unlike a banana boat

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as am I, but I don't think name calling is particularly constructive.
Quite right Debz we are all entitled to our opinions and mine stands as well. I to have "only been coming for 12 years" nor do I own a property but I am still, as you are SMG, entitled to opinions, but without childish name calling.
A snob, me? I don't think so
pansy potter likes this.
Old 04-07-2014, 23:15

Just shown a photo of it to my 14 & 16 year olds. Their response "wow, so cool, seen photos of one like it all over Twitter"
The port is for all generations and maybe for just 6-8 weeks of prime school holidays we ought to embrace it and let our kids have some fun. ( and then scarper back to the countryside villa where we dont have to see it)
favie, anne10aber and emmalou like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 23:38

Well for the record my teen says it is totally inappropriate for PP and more like something you would find at Blackpool if it were warm enough or Magaluf. Her opinion was that places only really need something like that when they don't have enough to offer and in HER opinion PP has never needed any gimmicks because it has always been perfect for her.

She didn't doubt that it would be great fun to play on, but not at the expense of ruining the view and cheapening the resort

I guess it's a matter of opinion - some kids and teens feel the need to have manufactured entertainment laid on for them whilst on holiday whilst others are happy to swim, snorkel, fish, beachcomb, walk etc

Personally I have no fence to sit on here I think the whole idea is horrible as would be an amusement park, go cart track or anything else on the beach or in the sea that doesn't belong

Why we can't just stick to boats windsurfers and kayaks to provide
Entertainment for those who want it is beyond me.

Also why is it snobbish to oppose an eyesore ?

Kids like fairgrounds but most people would oppose one being built in an area of beauty ...... Imagine the uproar if someone tried to put something like this on Lake Windermere ...... So why is it appropriate in PP?
Old 05-07-2014, 00:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg View Post
SMG, you are of course entitled to your opinion but so are all other members whether they are property owners or not.
What is not acceptable on this forum is to be abusive in your posts and i think this name calling is totally uncalled for, please show some respect for others viewpoints .
pollensa, debz1, Timberman and 8 others like this.
Old 05-07-2014, 14:21

Just returned from a leisurely walk to view said "waterpark" Well.....it's really nothing to get worried about. It's not the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning! Providing you can swim out & back can't see it would be any problem. Young children have their play areas, this is for older children/teens & adults. Set in a part of the sea which is festooned with brightly coloured pedalaloes, it looks great fun. That part of the beach has volleyball, huge flags advertising the many activities plus the banana boat etc and people including locals just enjoying themselves. No-one is going to think...Gosh, must go to PP for the water park...!!! Please don't worry everybody!
favie, LK1960, Belladonna and 6 others like this.
Old 05-07-2014, 16:07
Banned

Oh dear smg, how disappointing. How does owning a property abroad make someone a snob for goodness sake? We are "owners" and work damned hard to afford our modest little apartment. We've also been visiting PP for less time than you!

I'm sure other people "waste" money on what I might consider unnecessary things but that's none of my business.

Anyway, that's that off my chest!
Old 05-07-2014, 18:02

Going by the picture.....I was surprised of its size, thought by the comments it was going to be ginormous but don't think it looks as bad as what I had visualised. Son thought it looked an eyesore!! Thought that would have been MY thoughts. He did say though that he would probably enjoy it....and I suppose that is what it's all about.
I maybe think differently when I see it for real next month.....though I know my teenage niece and nephew will love it and so handy from their villa.....is it expensive?
Old 05-07-2014, 18:54

Embat beach bar have posted a pic on FB Bd you can clearly see it from their terrace, that will spoil the view when we are sitting there enjoying our mojitos after a hard day on the beach!!!
debz1 and scouse mark like this.

On island time!!
Closed Thread