Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Any differences in Los Zarzales ? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9997-any-differences-los-zarzales.html)

scotslizzy 21-04-2013 05:58

Any differences in Los Zarzales ?

Like a lot of other people who have written about this rest I to decided not to go back due to the very long wait between courses and just the overall "something missing " about the place. Yes I know that it is not a fast food rest but it was sometimes a ridiculous length of time waiting to get through three courses. The food was good though.

Since we all know that there has been a new person added to the staff does anyone know if there has been an appreciable change .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Luckyone 22-04-2013 08:47

Agree with all the comments above and would love to hear from anyone who has recently been to Los Z. :) :)

snowy2007 23-04-2013 15:37

I was there last night with the A team of Yolanda and Jamie, had a superb evening as always no rush which I like, easy does it, the food was as good as ever and the service even better. I think I have stated this before not sure the house Red is a superb house Red, the best in the port.
If you want to rush your meal and have indigestion don't go here, if however you want top drawer service and superb food go book a table.

scotslizzy 23-04-2013 15:51

Thanks Snowy

So it's better to book a table then ? Or is this juts for weekends only ?

Cheers

Scotslizzy

kate1 23-04-2013 17:16

That's great news, Snowy - I never had a quibble about the food, which was always superb - I don't mind laid-back service, rather that than super-fast, which always suggests to me that the food isn't being freshly prepared - but in the recent past we had a couple of meals which were comatose - sounds like Jaime has sorted that out though!

Jaime is the king of wine and I think he said he was hoping to introduce a few old favourites from O'Lume to LZ - he used to have an amazing Priorat - would love to see that make a return.

cumberland8 23-04-2013 19:32

We had a similar experience ,both me & Er indoors, fell asleep between starters & main course one evening much to the amusement of everyone in the Restaurant.
We are looking forward to going back .

usandthewoof 24-04-2013 09:08

Just for info for everyone, I have been using Alicia to collect our guests from the airport when we have 5 or more guests, and this year she says on her emails that if you prebook a table, you will get a free bottle of the house wine, and I completely agree that the house red is the best I´ve had.

Get booking !!! :)

Sparky 30-05-2013 10:12

The fantastic Flamenco shows are back on Thursdays from 8pm :D. As this is an outside event obviously it will be weather permitting.

pollensafan 30-05-2013 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 84200)
The fantastic Flamenco shows are back on Thursdays from 8pm :D. As this is an outside event obviously it will be weather permitting.

Hmmm, Flamenco, Not been in there for that. Obviously me and the other half need to Castanets a little wider. :) Sorry, I'll leave now:D

Smiddy 30-05-2013 14:31

I was there during my visit in April, it was OK, but nothing I received made me want to rush back. The food was average, but the starter and main course seemed to have the same sauce, which made it difficult to tell the difference, the sweet was bland. It is as lovely restaurant, in a lovely setting. But, 'fraid it's not on our list for June