Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2013, 09:44

Default Cappuchino

I have started this thread in response to some of the related Cappucino comments to my " little bit of heaven " post as i didnt want to take that post off thread

Anyone who has already been to PP this season cannot fail to be impressed with what Cappichino/Sis Pins have done to their front. In my opinion it looks lovely, it also looks tasteful and is in keeping with what PP should offer. Yes it's a bit more expensive than some but I for one would rather pay a bit more and have a lovely place on the front than get a cheaper offering in a more tacky place ....... An extra euro for a coffee and 2 or 3 extra euros for lunch is a small price to pay for what I consider to be a " thank you" for making the place look so good.

I think we should be pleased that Cappucino has chosen PP as one of their locations, they are an internationally recognised quality brand and this sends out a great message about Puerto Pollensa

Surely it's no different than at home where people interested in preserving the quality of their area want quality chains and independents in their town/ village centres rather than pile em high flog em cheap joints.

The front is often the first place people see and this is the advert for the resort ...... It sets the tone and so it should look good and it certainly does. I decided to first come to PP for a holiday after visiting for a day ...... What I liked was that it was not like other resorts, it had nice restaurants and seafront bars where I could while away the day taking in the atmosphere I realised it was more expensive than the resort I was staying in, but it was soooooo much nicer and prettier and there were no rowdies that I didn't care ...... I just knew I wanted to come back.

Of course not everyone will want to eat and drink in Cappucino every day ..... Or be able to afford to , I certainly wouldn't but places like this should be encouraged and supported ....... For me it's the same as at home supporting your local independent clothes shop, shoe shop, fish shop, baker or a nice Costa that opens up locally etc ...... We all know we pay more than at the supermarke but we want these establishments to remain so we support them.
debz1, Mark, LK1960 and 18 others like this.

Last edited by its cd; 14-04-2013 at 10:01.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-04-2013, 12:19
Banned

Couldn't have put it better myself. I remember when it first opened reporting what a great addition to PP it was and several people people not being too much in agreement.

It gives an alternative smart option just for that extra few euro's and, of course, if you don't want to pay that bit extra then keep on walking!
debz1 and Kat19 like this.
Old 14-04-2013, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
I have started this thread in response to some of the related Cappucino comments to my " little bit of heaven " post as i didnt want to take that post off thread

Anyone who has already been to PP this season cannot fail to be impressed with what Cappichino/Sis Pins have done to their front. In my opinion it looks lovely, it also looks tasteful and is in keeping with what PP should offer. Yes it's a bit more expensive than some but I for one would rather pay a bit more and have a lovely place on the front than get a cheaper offering in a more tacky place ....... An extra euro for a coffee and 2 or 3 extra euros for lunch is a small price to pay for what I consider to be a " thank you" for making the place look so good.

I think we should be pleased that Cappucino has chosen PP as one of their locations, they are an internationally recognised quality brand and this sends out a great message about Puerto Pollensa

Surely it's no different than at home where people interested in preserving the quality of their area want quality chains and independents in their town/ village centres rather than pile em high flog em cheap joints.

The front is often the first place people see and this is the advert for the resort ...... It sets the tone and so it should look good and it certainly does. I decided to first come to PP for a holiday after visiting for a day ...... What I liked was that it was not like other resorts, it had nice restaurants and seafront bars where I could while away the day taking in the atmosphere I realised it was more expensive than the resort I was staying in, but it was soooooo much nicer and prettier and there were no rowdies that I didn't care ...... I just knew I wanted to come back.

Of course not everyone will want to eat and drink in Cappucino every day ..... Or be able to afford to , I certainly wouldn't but places like this should be encouraged and supported ....... For me it's the same as at home supporting your local independent clothes shop, shoe shop, fish shop, baker or a nice Costa that opens up locally etc ...... We all know we pay more than at the supermarke but we want these establishments to remain so we support them.
#I totally agree with you "Its CD" with regard to PP and surrounding areas and thats the reason My wife and i have been 16 times to the area. I have no problem with the "Cappucino" as such, as it does enhance PP instead of the " Tacky " places that you mentioned. My main Beef is that it turned the Sis Pins into a B & B therefore taking away its own restaurant and bar. As you will see from earliar posts it annoyed quite a lot of the regular guests. But people move on, and money talks louder than people!!!
Old 14-04-2013, 15:01

Default I vote for Cappucino

I love having a pre-dinner drink at ;
Cappucino's
Lemon Bar
I'lla Dor

Why ? I am on holiday and just love the overall ambiance of these places and they do have a certain style to them. Yes they are on the expensive side but we do not sit all night in them . Pre-dinner drinks then onto eat and then perhaps one of the small bars back from the front for drinks later on.

I think there is something for everyone in PP and also for most budgets .
Long may places like the one's above prosper and provide a range of places to eat and drink for us all.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
its cd, debz1, lollipop and 4 others like this.
Old 14-04-2013, 15:10

I agree too - it does look lovely and possibly has spurred other Pine Walk restaurants on to make their own changes in order to compete - Corb Mari's new frontage is very smart (and appears to be bringing them lots of new customers) - and to be honest, I take my hat off to the owners of Ca'n Pescador - I still personally wouldn't go there, but it does look extremely pretty this year.

I think Cappuccinos will remain a once-per-holiday treat for us though as 25E for two G&Ts is a tad more than I really want to pay!! However, I did savour every second of drinking them (we made them last!) and it is a really romantic spot, beautifully lit in the evening - just idyllic all round. One point though: given the high prices, I do feel they should have provided very upmarket loos especially for their own patrons, rather than making customers use those belonging to the Sis Pins - a small quibble I know!

The other place where it is possible to sit and feel like a multi-millionaire - whilst not spending quite so much money - is the terrace of the Yacht Club - which is open to everyone as well as just members.
debz1 likes this.
Old 14-04-2013, 17:04

Default Thats why it's only for a pre dinner drink!

Kate

As you state yes expensive so only for the odd drink not a session !

Still lovely though.

Scotslizzy
kate1, cumberland8 and munro like this.
Old 14-04-2013, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
Kate

As you state yes expensive so only for the odd drink not a session !

Still lovely though.

Scotslizzy
Lizzy, love the "session" comment gallus!
Old 14-04-2013, 19:25

Wink You can take the Girl out of Glasgow......

Well you know what they say Gers !

Although slightly more sophisticated now ...mines a margarita no salt !

scotslizzy
Belladonna and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 14-04-2013, 19:50

love the `session bit lizzy, me & Er indoors often wander up to the Ill d or for one drink & invariably get sucked in by the surroundings & atmosphere, whereby we end up bladdered
debz1, LK1960, snowy2007 and 1 others like this.
Old 24-04-2013, 17:37

I was interested to see what it was like because of the differences in opinion, so we stopped off this morning on our way back from our walk. We sat out on the waters edge and had a coffee and generally just soaked up being in such a beautiful place.
The coffee was good, the service was good, the seats were comfortable and the location speaks for itself. It was a little over 5€ for two coffees and we felt it was well worth our experience.
its cd, debz1, Belladonna and 3 others like this.
Old 24-04-2013, 18:07

I'd also like to say that it has v. effective patio heaters - we have managed to sit there and enjoy a coffee or an evening drink outside on several occasions when it has been freezing on other pine walk terraces! (Stay is another restaurant with efficient heating, although the wind off the sea can take you unawares - Cappuccino is obviously much more sheltered.)
Belladonna likes this.
Old 24-04-2013, 19:20

Hi
Didn't go to Cappuchino last year in PdP but have had meals and drinks in their Palma Cafe's over the last 5 years
Yes , expensive but really good quality . I will visit the Ses Pins one in May
LaAlly
Old 30-08-2013, 14:31

Default Cappuccino

There's something a little bit divisive about Cappuccino. It's the Speedy Boarding of Puerto Pollensa. You're either a SB type person. Or you're not.

Some people think Speedy Boarding on Easyjet is the epitome of Middle Class Smug. It's all pink Gant trousers, Nicole Farhi tops and Raybans. It's standing on the Left, whilst those on the Right mutter darkly about the stupidity of paying extra to get on the plane 2 minutes before the masses.

Cappuccino is a bit like that.

It's paying top dollar for a cafe con leche whilst being serenaded by Cafe del Mar. It's Nachos with Nora Jones. Chicken Caesar with Chill Out.

I totally understand why some people don't particularly like it. Me? I love it. I love the ambience. I love the elegance and I love the pretty girls (and boys) who serve you.

Lunch today was bliss. OK so the weather wasn't great. But the salmon Tatiki salad was a joy. Way too little salmon. Way too many Euros. But, hey, I'm on me jollidays. (I'm also on a mission: to eat healthily for the next 10 days. I've sworn that not a single chip will pass my lips until the last night. I'll keep you posted on that one!)

The bill? To be honest it was extortionate. I can't bring myself to tell you how much. But I didn't begrudge a cent.

Don't get me wrong. We're not loaded. Seriously. Not by any means. But sometimes, just sometimes, it's nice to do something just a little bit extravagant.

Like going to Cappucccinos once in a while.

And Speedy Boarding.
pollensa, its cd, debz1 and 12 others like this.

Last edited by graham; 30-08-2013 at 15:40.
Old 30-08-2013, 15:10

and what please is "speedy boarding" so I can be smug as well but it doesnt seem to come up on the British Airways booking options
marilyn and clinkham like this.
Old 30-08-2013, 17:09

Totally agree about Cappuchino Graham
Our sentiments as well.
Enjoy your hols