Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-2014, 16:13
Super Moderator

Yes it's called "Biniboy", we have had a few late night kebabs and they are excellent .
Old 13-05-2014, 20:41

had many a late night kebab in there always good

even better cold the next morning for breakfast if you fall asleep before eating it

gallus....!!!!
Old 14-05-2014, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
BTW I wasn't still in Mombassa at 1 am, honestly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Honestly.....really!!!!, ok i believe you
I believe you too SWS ....... but I assume you just left Mombassa early to go on somewhere else !
sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 13-03-2015, 11:41
Super Moderator

Al Fresco are open now and have posted this on FB :-

Quote:
Ya hemos abierto los esperamos para ver nueatras novedades como las pizzas caseras y nuevos platos con la misma calidad y frescura de siempre. Tambien hemos apliado la gama de productos locales de delicatessen.

Yes we are open and are waiting for you to see our new delicatessen products, home made pizzas and new dishes with the same high quality and freshness as always. We jope to see you soon
debz1 and Lorenzo like this.
Old 20-04-2015, 16:54
Super Moderator

Since the expansion and refurb of Hiper Centro they now sell pre-cooked food and salads etc, we have tried their cooked chicken, you can buy a whole one (they will cut it up for you if you ask) or in portions, the Russian salad which is to die for and ribs, we were impressed with the chicken but the ribs were dry and over salted. I am told they will gradually introduce more things as time goes by but it is a really good option for those days when you want to just lounge around the apartment or villa and the prices are good too .
pollensa, debz1, LK1960 and 8 others like this.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:04
Super Moderator

A new take-away has opened in C/Mestral, it is just along from Casa Vila and is called "Manolo's Take-Away" .

It is run by the Casa Manolo family and they say they will deliver your food to the bar if you want to have a drink while you wait. I wish them well of course but i think it's odd that they have opened a separate business when they have that huge kitchen in the bar which is hardly being used apart from baguettes, sandwiches etc .
Old 23-05-2015, 18:10

Just been on Trip Advisor and Al Fresco is now the number one restaurant in PP
El Gordo likes this.
Old 24-05-2015, 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey36 View Post
Just been on Trip Advisor and Al Fresco is now the number one restaurant in PP
Hmmm

You cant always believe what you read...no disrespect to Al Fresco, which has an excellent reputation as a snack/restaurant/takeaway, but it does not exactly compare with some of the larger restaurants in the Port!!

Enjoy...
Sparky likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 25-05-2015, 11:26

It's the constant issue with TripAdvisor restaurant reviews everywhere, Gordo. They almost never tell you anything useful about the food that was eaten - it's always "awesome" or "awful", which is no help at all. Restaurant discussion is the main reason I use this forum when I'm planning a trip to Pollensa. You can much more easily judge whether you might like a place when folk describe what they've eaten and you see the type of places where they've eaten over the course of their holiday.
pollensa, debz1, El Gordo and 4 others like this.
Old 25-05-2015, 19:45

I was told the other day that Al Fresco is closing down in a week or so shortly after just opening for the season
Old 26-05-2015, 07:56

I cannot see that, Louisa has just taken on two new staff to cope with the amount of orders they are getting !
LK1960, El Gordo and Sparky like this.
Old 26-05-2015, 08:36

I also can't see it closing down as it's a little goldmine. People were queuing halfway round the block for salads, wraps, baguettes and sandwiches last year. Louisa also does great salads, homemade quiches, ribs and many other things you can preorder, They also have ' meal deals' that include a bottle of wine and dessert.

It's daft that it's been voted no 1 restauarant on Trip Advisor, but it's an excellent take away and a great addition to the Port.
Old 26-05-2015, 08:45

Not just good takeaways, we had a meal there, food was great, lots of veggie and healthy options!!
El Gordo likes this.

On island time!!
Old 26-05-2015, 08:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Since the expansion and refurb of Hiper Centro they now sell pre-cooked food and salads etc, we have tried their cooked chicken, you can buy a whole one (they will cut it up for you if you ask) or in portions, the Russian salad which is to die for and ribs, we were impressed with the chicken but the ribs were dry and over salted. I am told they will gradually introduce more things as time goes by but it is a really good option for those days when you want to just lounge around the apartment or villa and the prices are good too .

Sparky, I'm getting a little worried about all this gastronomic detective work you undertake. You need to slow down a bit as I don't want it to take its toll on you.
What you need is someone you can deputise to remove this burden from you.
I just happen to know the very person to fill the gap ( And the one in his stomach)

ME !!
Sparky likes this.
Old 26-05-2015, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harters View Post
It's the constant issue with TripAdvisor restaurant reviews everywhere, Gordo. They almost never tell you anything useful about the food that was eaten - it's always "awesome" or "awful", which is no help at all. Restaurant discussion is the main reason I use this forum when I'm planning a trip to Pollensa. You can much more easily judge whether you might like a place when folk describe what they've eaten and you see the type of places where they've eaten over the course of their holiday.
Trip advisor is a very dubious medium. Especially when you personally know rival business owners who shall we say, have their own agenda. Cough Cough
Sparky likes this.