Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Ca'n Pancho (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9939-can-pancho.html)

Timberman 04-04-2013 22:10

Ca'n Pancho

Just a thought as there has been quite a bit talked about restaurants changing hands and restaurants going :(. Ca'n Pancho seems to have been around forever. But never discussed on here.

We have walked passed dozens of times and it seems to be quite a busy restaurant and appears to be run by locals. Strange how some restaurants never get mentioned.

Is it any good?

MairiCladach 04-04-2013 22:14

Hi Timberman,

You've got me curious now - been going to the port for years and can't think where it is? Please tell! So many places do undoubtedly go unmentioned that probably deserve a visit.

Thanks!:)

Timberman 04-04-2013 22:27

Hope I have correct spelling.

It's on the corner on the road where Tots is and O'Lume was:( near the bakery.

Hope that makes sense

Sparky 04-04-2013 22:32

It is listed here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html

PP76 04-04-2013 23:05

C'an Pancho is well worth a visit, good food and very friendly service, it is run by Katie and Enrico, Katie's father started the restaurant in the 60's.

PP76

pollensafan 05-04-2013 07:55

My one and only experience with this restaurant was a few years ago. A party of 4 of us went in and said we would like a drink before we ordered our meal. We were told no, you must order food now. Very strange, middle of the week, only 2 other tables occupied. We declined got up and left. Nothing else to add.

star81 05-04-2013 10:47

C'an Pancho

I love the tomato soup here, would visit to have that alone !

I have always found the staff here very nice and helpful. Fresh home cooked style food which I always enjoy.

James 11-05-2015 11:32

Picking up on this old thread, it appears that C'an Pancho (now C'an Panxo) has been refurbished and is under new management after being a fixture in the Port for the best part of 50+ years.

I've not tried the new Panxo yet but are there any reviews and also news on Katie, Enrico and family who always made a visit there worthwhile?

pollensafan 11-05-2015 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 103290)
Picking up on this old thread, it appears that C'an Pancho (now C'an Panxo) has been refurbished and is under new management after being a fixture in the Port for the best part of 50+ years.

I've not tried the new Panxo yet but are there any reviews and also news on Katie, Enrico and family who always made a visit there worthwhile?

When there in February, I saw the refurbishment taking place under the watchful eye of the guy that owns Tibiri and Neptuno. Make of it what you will.:confused:

katsmum 11-05-2015 17:50

Oh how we miss the old Neptuno.

Bekki 11-05-2015 18:52

Oh yes we loved the old Neputo too. Whatever happened to Miguel and Martin?

Tangoman 11-05-2015 19:04

Hold on a minute. When I booked for this year, (October 2014 ) I specifically asked was Neptuno still up and running, and was assured that it was.

Anyway, advice now required - you see the old Neptuno was beautifully situated for where we sit on beach - leave wife getting toasted, go to newsagents, then pop into Neptuno for about 25 Tapas and drinks before she joins me. So where, geographically, will be the handiest now please???

pollensafan 12-05-2015 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangoman (Post 103303)
Hold on a minute. When I booked for this year, (October 2014 ) I specifically asked was Neptuno still up and running, and was assured that it was.

Anyway, advice now required - you see the old Neptuno was beautifully situated for where we sit on beach - leave wife getting toasted, go to newsagents, then pop into Neptuno for about 25 Tapas and drinks before she joins me. So where, geographically, will be the handiest now please???

Hi, I think you may be getting a little confused. The Neptuno is still going but under new ownership. Not sure when you were last there, but it is not a patch on the old set up.

Tangoman 12-05-2015 08:55

Hello

Haven't been for about 6 years ago, when I loved the place - so if it's no good now, where is the new best one - near to beach and newspapers please?

sws97sdg 12-05-2015 08:59

I wouldn't say its no good, we have been in a few times, very nice food and friendly service, I never went in the original one but most people say its now not as good as then.