Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 15:57

Default Stay

Hi all,
I may be putting my head above the parapet here, but we are currently in the port, and have to say we love it, but we definitely don't agree with the over hype of stay, in our opinion it was over priced, and over rated, and couldn't help but feel we had been ripped off when we were leaving.

At the end of the day it is all about opinions, so please don't let me put anyone off if they haven't been, but would be interested if anyone agrees as all I read on here is good things.
debz1, Sparky, Ronnie and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 16:04

Restaurant Stay is certainly our no 1 favourite in Puerto Pollensa, perhaps even anywhere. Everyone's expectations and perceptions are different, so IMO no problem in someone having a different view.

It might be useful if you clarified whether you ate from the a la carte menu (which is much more expensive) or the MDD.
debz1 likes this.
Old 06-04-2013, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson306 View Post
Hi all,
I may be putting my head above the parapet here, but we are currently in the port, and have to say we love it, but we definitely don't agree with the over hype of stay, in our opinion it was over priced, and over rated, and couldn't help but feel we had been ripped off when we were leaving.

At the end of the day it is all about opinions, so please don't let me put anyone off if they haven't been, but would be interested if anyone agrees as all I read on here is good things.
Don't agree, Stay is consisitently good with both service and quality of food. Overpriced compared with what? Overhyped by who?
debz1 and Nick like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
Restaurant Stay is certainly our no 1 favourite in Puerto Pollensa, perhaps even anywhere. Everyone's expectations and perceptions are different, so IMO no problem in someone having a different view.

It might be useful if you clarified whether you ate from the a la carte menu (which is much more expensive) or the MDD.
We were only given one menu, but both of us were very disappointed.

Would you say even though you enjoy the food there - in your opinion is it great value for money - What I saw being served did not appear to be.
Old 06-04-2013, 18:05

Watson306. Of course you are entitled to your opinion although for me the menu del Dia at Stay is the best value in the Port. I am very surprised you were not given this menu. IMO opinion service is always impeccable and the restaurant has the most perfect setting especially outside on a Summers evening. The a la carte menu is expensive but I have never felt 'ripped off'

Below is this weeks MDD

Menu del Dia 2nd. - 8th. of April

FRESH VEGETABLE SOUP OR GAZPACHO OR SHRIMP CREAM SOUP WITH BRANDY
OR
BEEF CARPACCIO WITH FRESH ARTICHOKES AND CAPER, SAGE VINAIGRETTE
OR
VEGETABLE RAVIOLIS WITH RAISINS AND APPLES IN CURRY SAUCE
OR
TERRINE OF SOLE AND TURBOT, SLIGHTLY SMOKED WITH HORSRADISH SAUCE

OR
FRESH SALMON FILLET WITH SEAFOOD CANNELLONI AND WHITE WINE SAUCE
FRESH VEGETABLES AND RICE

OUR SPECIAL DESSERT OF THE DAY
COFFEE AND HOMEMADE CHOCOLATES
WINE FINCA LA MEDA, BAJOZ, MURVIEDRO AND MINERAL WATER
PRICE 34,90 €, vat included
Old 06-04-2013, 18:25

Our No 1 too and for value for money and quality of food nothing Ive had anywhere beats their MOD

You cant please everyone but I would be surprised if you werent offered the MOD and not just the A la carte as you really arent treated any differently if you have the MOD

One of my closest friends has given me a voucher for there for a recent birthday of mine and she said they were very helpful in arranging it Cant wait to be sitting there enjoying that view !!
suzystew and rioja like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 19:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Watson306. Of course you are entitled to your opinion although for me the menu del Dia at Stay is the best value in the Port. I am very surprised you were not given this menu. IMO opinion service is always impeccable and the restaurant has the most perfect setting especially outside on a Summers evening. The a la carte menu is expensive but I have never felt 'ripped off'

Below is this weeks MDD

Menu del Dia 2nd. - 8th. of April

FRESH VEGETABLE SOUP OR GAZPACHO OR SHRIMP CREAM SOUP WITH BRANDY
OR
BEEF CARPACCIO WITH FRESH ARTICHOKES AND CAPER, SAGE VINAIGRETTE
OR
VEGETABLE RAVIOLIS WITH RAISINS AND APPLES IN CURRY SAUCE
OR
TERRINE OF SOLE AND TURBOT, SLIGHTLY SMOKED WITH HORSRADISH SAUCE

OR
FRESH SALMON FILLET WITH SEAFOOD CANNELLONI AND WHITE WINE SAUCE
FRESH VEGETABLES AND RICE

OUR SPECIAL DESSERT OF THE DAY
COFFEE AND HOMEMADE CHOCOLATES
WINE FINCA LA MEDA, BAJOZ, MURVIEDRO AND MINERAL WATER
PRICE 34,90 €, vat included
I agree but have only ever had the MDD which also includes bread a very good measure of liqueur of your choice with your coffee. However i have always said that although there is plenty of food for me, if you have a big appetite the portions might be on the small side. I wonder if this is what Watson is referring to .
richie likes this.
Old 06-04-2013, 20:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson306 View Post
We were only given one menu, but both of us were very disappointed.

Would you say even though you enjoy the food there - in your opinion is it great value for money - What I saw being served did not appear to be.
The Menu Del Dia (Fixed Price Menu) at Stay is always found inside the laminate plastic on the first page of the menu provided by the waiters.

It's all about opinions but, in my view, the ambience at Stay (inside and outside) is out of this World and, as for value for money, the MDD with amuse bouche, inclusive wine, water etc., bread, starter, main, dessert, coffee, chocolates and chupito liqueur is incredible value for money. If you do not take a starter/dessert from the MDD the restaurant, in my experience, will also pro-rata the MDD price on the final bill!

The lunchtime "snack" menu (pre-4pm) is also incredibly good value. The sardines (with inclusive side salad), haddock & chips and merluza rosada (pink hake) are personal favourites of mine as a fish-a-holic! The Tapas lunch menu is also great value.
debz1, Sparky, Nick and 2 others like this.

Last edited by James; 06-04-2013 at 20:48. Reason: Forgot the chocolates!
Old 06-04-2013, 20:47

Watson 306 I totally agree with you found much better value meals around the port we have always found it over hyped.
Sparky likes this.
Old 06-04-2013, 21:23

Must say, I've given Stay a couple of visits over the years and, apart from the scenic views, fail to understand some of the gushing reviews it gets.
Ronnie, richie and rainbow like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
Must say, I've given Stay a couple of visits over the years and, apart from the scenic views, fail to understand some of the gushing reviews it gets.
Got to say I am with you on this one
Sparky, animagic21, Ronnie and 1 others like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 23:32

IMO the MDD is superb value - about £30 per person in total for - 3 courses and half bottle (per person) of decent wine, coffee, 'on-the-house' liqueur, amuse bouche, water and bread (not all in that order !!) + good quality food IMO, great location and good service.

A couple of evenings ago in UK I paid £20 per person for just a fraction of that, and only 2 courses, and the food was at a much lower level - that was from a 'highly regarded' resto.
debz1, Nick and suzystew like this.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24

Default Love Stay

We always go to Stay at the start of our holidays to kick start the holiday off.

Yes I do appreciate that there are good if not slightly better restaurant's in PP BUT they do not have the overall ambience and location of Stay and as we are on holiday I really do want to have the extra appeal of the view and all the extras that come with the MDD.

Roll on September

Scotslizzy
debz1 likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
IMO the MDD is superb value - about £30 per person in total for - 3 courses and half bottle (per person) of decent wine, coffee, 'on-the-house' liqueur, amuse bouche, water and bread (not all in that order !!) + good quality food IMO, great location and good service.

A couple of evenings ago in UK I paid £20 per person for just a fraction of that, and only 2 courses, and the food was at a much lower level - that was from a 'highly regarded' resto.
That's. good point, we pay the same price here for a meal and I know where I would prefer to eat!
We must try Stay so we can see for ourselves, the problem may be as it is hyped so much it may be difficult for it to live up to people's expectations and therefore sometimes disappints, if nothing else it must have the best location in the port!
debz1 likes this.

On island time!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:56

Lunch during the week and our last evening meal is always a highlight for the "big ladies". We've never been disappointed.
debz1 likes this.