Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Pinaretman
  • 1 Post By Mark
  • 2 Post By Smiddy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-2013, 18:05

Default Restaurant Siller

Could someone kindly tell me where Restaurant Siller is? I have their address and have been on their website; and also Google street view which seems to put them in the middle of a dual carriageway. I know the general area but am still at a loss.

Trip Adviser rates them as the number 1 in PP, so we thought we would give them a try. Any views from members?
Sponsored Links
Old 30-03-2013, 18:24

If you know Cellar La Para, heading away from the front it's first right, up at the end of a small street, don't worry you won't be dining in a lay-by.
Old 30-03-2013, 18:54

Or you could take the service road alongside The Dual Carriageway(bypass) in front of Eroski at airplane roundabout. Take the second turning rt and the restaurant is a few yards down. If you turn left just beyond it you will probably fine parking.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:46

Restaurant Siller is indeed the number one restaurant in Puerto Pollensa on Trip Advisor so why does it never make the top five as voted by the members of this forum.
Old 31-03-2013, 16:57
Super Moderator

I think it's another case of "location, location, location". It really is way off the "tourist beaten track" .........but you will find directions here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...irections.html .
Old 31-03-2013, 17:28

Or Owner Owner Owner.
Old 31-03-2013, 18:42

We found this restaurant about 5 years ago, but were put off eating there because of the posts on this site, about the owner's manner.
We finally dined there about 3 years ago and it's now among our "must visit" venues.
The owner is nothing like his reputation and to our mind is the perfect host. Nothing is too much trouble for him and he seems to have found the right balance between a slightly formal and a casual dining experience.
I would say that Sillar is on a par with Stay, but obviously without the views.
There are some great restaurants at the "top of the town", so have a wander up there and enjoy. You won't be disappointed
sws97sdg and Mark like this.
Old 31-03-2013, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey36 View Post
Restaurant Siller is indeed the number one restaurant in Puerto Pollensa on Trip Advisor so why does it never make the top five as voted by the members of this forum.
Probably because it is a bit out of the way so not many bother to find it and also because most tourists are like sheep, they follow the others to where it is busy.
( no offence intended to anyone but that's how I see it usually - many excellent restaurants down the side streets away from the front hardly get a mention)
debz1 likes this.
Old 31-03-2013, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinaretman View Post
The owner is nothing like his reputation and to our mind is the perfect host. Nothing is too much trouble for him
I cant remember his name, maybe Manlo and he is a great host although I have only been three or four times.

I remember a great night out when my wife's parents where with us on holiday and we went to Siller with our Mallorcan friends that live in the old town.
It's always good to go out with locals

I did not know what ' Bisonte' was on the menu, the waiter or maybe the owner was trying to describe it by holding his hands beside his ears and making animal noises, trying to demonstrate a Bison ( pointing his fingers like horns beside his head)

You know how formal it can be in there so it was so funny and made a memorable evening

When the Bison was served he made a spectacle of it by attaching a large bib around the necks of those that ordered the Bison.
It was hot and spitting on a skillet I think, hence the bib.

One February our local friends asked where I would like to go for my Birthday night out.
I said Siller, a long silence then some phone calls in Spanish by our friends and it was planned.
When we arrived we where the only people there , looks like they opened just for the four of us at the request of our friends and I was paying this time...

I cant fault the service or food.
Old 31-03-2013, 20:37

IMO Siller is PP's best kept secret. Having named Stay as my favourite restaurant anywhere in the world many years ago, I changed my mind 2 years past when introduced by a friend. The flavours in the dishes served by Manolo are tremendous. Worth a visit, but book ahead.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16

We used to go a lot years ago, but, like others got a bit fed up with the owner, subtle things, which build up and eventually put you off, plus he was far too expensive compared to other restaurants in the port. I don't know if he's sorted that out, but we never went back. That said it is a very nice restaurant, but No1 in the port? Very much doubt it!
snowy2007 and Luckyone like this.

Last edited by Smiddy; 01-04-2013 at 11:18.
Old 01-04-2013, 14:06

Alcankid, a word of advise, don't bother wasting a night of your holiday or money. Don't want to go over old ground but this was the most discusting service & behavior my family & I have ever received in a restaurant, and to make it worse he was the owner. Overrated, overpriced & worst service I have ever seen.