Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Mixed Tapas and More at El Posito (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/991-mixed-tapas-more-el-posito.html)

JH02JLH 20-05-2005 20:51

Mixed Tapas and More at El Posito

Tony (I am sure it was the famous Tony mentioned on these pages) is a brilliant salesman.

We had decided to go in for a light lunch of Tapas as our evening destination was A Punt.

As we walked in, Tony directed us to a table and told us the lamb was beautiful today. I rushed off to the loo (spotlessly clean, by the way) and when I got back I could see that hubby was hooked. Baa!!

I was still determined to experience tapas so we ended up with the mixed tapas as a starter (meatballs, cuttlefish, mushrooms in a sauce and potato salad) as well as a huge joint of lamb! Baa!

The food was delicious (as I was promised it would be) and what an atmosphere!! Very busy and buzzing with Spanish. Also a lot of workmen enjoying their Menu del Dia and Tony rushing around fulfilling everyone's needs.

Tucked away as it is down a side street I would NEVER have gone in, but was glad I did. Very friendly service and at the end of the meal we were offered a glass (or two!) of the "Herbes de Mallorca" which was a sweet aniseed drink and looked like olive oil. The bottle was left on the table and our glasses topped up by a young, very friendly waiter.

So, there's a reprieve for all you who recommended El Posito - no eating at Burger King!!

Right, just off now to trim my woolly coat!!

Bill was 35 euros, including drinks.

Jane:D

PS - Forgot to say that we never made it to A Punt - at 9pm we were still full and it would have been a shame to eat at A Punt and not really appreciate the food. One to try in August!

robjay 20-05-2005 21:06

LOL:rollin I think Tony could sell snow to Eskimos!. Must have spent too many Saturdays down at the "Barra's" when he stayed in Glasgow. He does have the patter and his son is following in his footsteps :rollin .
Every meal we had in El Posito was fantastic, the young Mexican waiter was so friendly. I told him the first time we were in that I loved the pickled chillies, he said he didn't like chillies :eek , and every time we went near the place he gave me a plate of chillies :lol , which saved Caroline having to fight me over the last olive and piece of local bread.
Oh Jane October can't come quick enough :(
rob x

robjay 24-02-2006 00:44

October came and went along with various other things. I was trying to find the reviews about El Posito but can't. Does this mean i have to start a new thread about how wonderful a place this is?
See you soon Toni;)

Robjay