Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-2013, 13:43
Super Moderator

Default Jaime.

I have just been talking to Jaime on the phone and he has asked me to inform his fans and friends that he will start working in Los Zarzales from tomorrow. He also asked me to say a very big thank you for all your support over the O Lume years, for your kind messages on the forum (yes he has read them all ) and he hopes to see you all at some time when you visit PP .
Old 22-03-2013, 13:54

Excellent news. L.Z. is a very good restaurant already - Jaime will certainly draw in even more customers - better get booking if you want to get in! Good luck Jaime (and to all at L.Z.) for the coming season, glad you have got 'sorted' so soon.
Oh..... and thanks to Sparky for keeping us all informed.
sws97sdg, Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 22-03-2013, 14:20

Wonderful news ..... we had already thought we would make a visit to Los Zarzales (to fill one of the of our evening slots that had previously been taken by O'Lume) but that's settled it.
Belladonna, Sparky and Mogs like this.
Old 22-03-2013, 15:44

Great news! So glad he wasn't tempted to return to his native Galicia and that PP have retained his skills, we can ill afford to lose them if we want to be known as a premier resort. Have not been a regular a LZ, but that's about to change, they have just signed the culinary equivelent of Messi!
debz1, sws97sdg, Doogz1874 and 2 others like this.
Old 22-03-2013, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I have just been talking to Jaime on the phone and he has asked me to inform his fans and friends that he will start working in Los Zarzales from tomorrow. He also asked me to say a very big thank you for all your support over the O Lume years, for your kind messages on the forum (yes he has read them all ) and he hopes to see you all at some time when you visit PP .
Yolanda has made a great catch can't wait for April good luck to LZ and Jamie.
What a team they will make, first class service all the way.
debz1, Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 22-03-2013, 17:18

Great news and just what Los Z needs (stopped going as service was hit and miss), will be there again soon.
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-03-2013, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyone View Post
Great news and just what Los Z needs (stopped going as service was hit and miss), will be there again soon.

That's exactly the reason we stopped going there too - lovely food but we had a couple of meals that took a lifetime - Jaime will sort them all out! That's the best news I've heard all week - we will be off to Los Z very soon after our arrival next Friday!
Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 22-03-2013, 18:31

Count me in!!!. Also not been there for a few years. Will definitely visit when we're out. Look forward to seeing Jaime so glad he is still in PP.
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-03-2013, 18:58

That's interesting we stopped going to LZ because of the awful service on 2 evenings ,I thought it was just us,so lets see ft changes.
Old 22-03-2013, 20:06

That is great news - thought we might not see Jaime on our next visut. We too stopped going to LZ because of poorservice. Now looking forward to giving it another try.
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-03-2013, 20:21
Banned

Don't think I've ever met this fella but feel like I've missed out !!!!
ragdollabbi likes this.
Old 22-03-2013, 20:26

There were a few issues with service at Los Z but this was around the time that Yolanda had her second baby and had some (not very much ) time off.

However this is a typically Mallorquin restaurant so don't expect fast food. This is a place to go and linger all evening over a long leisurely dinner. All the food is freshly prepared by Cristian and not reheated, frozen rubbish therefore times between courses will be longer than other places.

I'm delighted to hear that Jaime is joining this great family business and wish him all the best of luck. With him and Yolanda at the helm I'm sure Los Z will go from strength to strength
its cd, snowy2007 and Sparky like this.
Old 23-03-2013, 12:47

That's interesting Debz! One of the reasons Jaime started his own restaurant was to try and provide people with fine regional food, regardless of their age, quite a few occasions I witnessed people requesting chips/pizzas etc, but they were politely informed this type of food was not on the menu, so they tended to leave, no offence was ever taken on either side. I've no doubt Jaime would never accept a position were he betrays his principals. Exciting times ahead, with the customers being the main beneficaries.

Last edited by Smiddy; 23-03-2013 at 17:02.
Old 23-03-2013, 14:28

NPN. Better get booked in then on your next visit. You'll find that Jaime is a true gentleman and very good at his craft. (No relation by the way! Just a note from a satisfied customer).
snowy2007, Belladonna and Sparky like this.
Old 24-03-2013, 00:36
Banned

Always liked the look of this restaurant but never been in so may well try any time soon !!!
snowy2007, Sparky and Smiddy like this.