Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-01-2006, 21:09
cheniesbucks

Default Good Restaurant that's open in march?

Hi we're off to PP on the 4th March for our first of 2 holidays to the region this year. (This is our first "spring" trip tho') We love the area and have been going for about 7 years. Has anyone got any recommendations on where to eat on a tuesday evening in March? It'll be my birthday while we're away and my husband and I want to go somewhere special. Babysitter permitting!! We thought of the Balaixa but it looks like its open in the afternoon only - not great with a 5 and 2 year old!??? Any suggestions would be most welcome!
Sponsored Links
Old 26-01-2006, 03:13

Default Good Restaurants that's open in March

Hi cheniesbucks..I live quite near to you!

We are also out in Feb and Mar to air and do any diy in our apartment..actually it's really just an excuse to have a couple of long weekends in PP and I doubt we will get much work done

My recommendation would be C'an Costa in Pollensa. The food is amazing the setting superb and the service excellent. Take a look at the web site if you have never been I'm sure you won't be disappointed

www.restaurantcancosta.com/

Equally fab is Los Zarzales in the Port but I have a feeling they are shut on Tuesdays.

La Fortelasa is very good and does typically Mallorquin cuisine and Martin the owner is charming and explains all the dishes and suggests a suitable wine to go with whatever you choose.

If you enjoy Mallorquin cooking Restaurant Siller does amazing food all served with fresh vegetables from the owners farm. It is a very popular restaurant with the locals but you are always made to feel very welcome. If you like steak the fillet is the best I've ever tasted and you cook it to your liking on a VERY hot stone plate..bibs are provided as it sizzles away quite fiercly!

I'm hope you have a great time, and let us now where you eat..after 17 years we still find new places every year !

Debs
Old 26-01-2006, 22:07
cheniesbucks

Default Re: Good Restaurant that's open in March?

Hi Debz1

Thank you for the reply! Spoilt for choice I think? As we'll be based in the Old Town I think C'an Costa sounds a good bet; babysitter permitting. We'll put Los Zarzales and La Fortelasa on our list of restaurants to try either in March or August too. My husband loves steaks so he likes the idea of Restaurant Siller (I presume its near the region of Siller?)

Anyway, I really appreciate the advise. I will certainly let you know where we do end up for my birthday. When we've had a babysitter we've gone to the Pacienci or the Balaixa so it'll be nice to try a new place.

Many thanks x

ps...I WISH I lived in the village of Chenies....(not far tho' as oldest goes to the School there...!) Trying to move up to Latimer - its a nightmare! xxx
Old 27-01-2006, 03:56

Default Re: Good Restaurant that's open in March?

Hope you enjoy wherever you decide to go..as you know the standard of food and choice is amazing both in PP and the old town.

Restaurant Siller is indeed in Siller..Don't know the precise address but I'm sure someone on here will. The restaurant doesn't look much from the outside and is mostly frequented by locals..a good sign! Sometimes it is fairly empty but this is due to it being off the beaten track a bit. Don't be put off the owner will make you more than welcome and he is very proud of his business and of his wife who is the chef .

Debs
Old 28-01-2006, 06:04

Default Re:Good Restaurant That's open in March

Hiya CheniesBucks

Are you a Red Lion or Bedford Arms person?

I would seriously suggest you try Sillers ( back of town just off main road in). If it's quiet which it will be in March, Catarina will be able to focus her culinary skills on just a couple of tables.

Enjoy

Bonyslad
Old 28-01-2006, 21:52
cheniesbucks

Default Re: Re:Good Restaurant That's open in March

Hi there!

Had honeymoon night at Bedford Arms and have PTA meetings for school at Red Lion so know both pubs well!

Think we're going to try the place in Siller - the steaks sound great! At this rate, we should be trying to get Lesley the babysitter for 5 nights instead of just the birthday treat night!! Wish our little girls lives away -waiting for them to grow up abit so we can take them to all the restaurants that we want to try!! For the mo. we'll just have to have the odd treat out away from them. Any excuse....

5 weeks today we'll be on our way. Hooray x
Old 30-01-2006, 03:36
robbo2005

Trencadora is opening in March, good food and not as expensive as C'an Costa.
Old 31-01-2006, 22:29
JMD40

March is a month where so much starts to open so it is a little early yet to be sure what will be open. I am struggling to prepare my list as to which of my favourites are open in February. I doubt whether Can Costa will open until April but there will be a good choice to choose from so do not worry - maybe wait until a week before you come and check out the web site for up to date info. or even wait until you get here as the restaurants are not full in March so booking is not essential for a table for 2. Sounds like you may be celebrating your husbands birthday more than once anyhow - its rather nice (and good excuse) to celebrate it once at lunchtime with the kids and birthday cake etc.etc. and then again as a couple one romanctic evening!! HAVE A GREAT TIME ANYHOW.
Old 31-01-2006, 23:51
cheniesbucks

Thank you all so far who have come up with suggestions for places for Simon and I to eat when we're out there on March 4th. Its about a month now - we both feel ready for a break as this winter seems to be dragging and is so cold. (Saying that its a beautiful sunny day today so can't really compain) Am waiting to see if my kids have "hatched" chicken pox as well this week, so probably a bit on the gloomy side!!

Thanks all, Vikki x
Old 21-02-2006, 09:16
goodgrub

Default Open in feb

restaurant Tribeca is open now. Not much open at the mo i'm afraid. Not until April at least.

Cheers
Old 23-02-2006, 03:18

Default Re: Open in feb

Hi cheniesbucks!

I'm just back from a long weekend in PP and we had the
most fantastic meal at C'an Costa which opened on Feb
17th. If you are staying in the old town you really should
give it a try.

The food is prepared and served to the highest of
standards,and they have a brand new exciting and different
menu this year ..including ostrich which I dared to try, and
found to be similar to fillet steak :b

The waiters Alex and Tolo will assure you have a wonderful
time in friendly, relaxed ,beautiful surroundings.. fab music
as well and Alex if you read this can you remind me what the
cd was called..Acoustic Love?

We will definitely be returning in March!

Debs
Old 23-02-2006, 03:49

Default Re: Open in March

Hi all
Thanks for all the info regarding the eateries open in March
only a week to go before I get to PP, so I am very keen to see who is open , so keep the info coming
Regards Keith
8)
Old 23-02-2006, 04:02

Hi,

There are plenty of resturants open now, The new La Lonja, IRU, Ikebana, La Vall, The hideaway, Tolos, El Posito, OŽLume to name just a few in the port plus plenty in Pollensa, I am pretty sure The Ivy Garden is open again Keith, just drop them an email www.puertopollensa.com/ivygarden/index.html

Cheers
Pollensaman
Old 23-02-2006, 04:17

Thankyou for your Prompt response Pollenca Man,
Good to see there are a good few open
I am looking forward to arriving in PP
Regards Keith
Old 23-02-2006, 04:47
cheniesbucks

Me too!

We go a week on Sat (4th) and I can't wait!!!! Thanks for all the advice and tips.

Cheniesbucks