Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   Menestralia. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9877-menestralia.html)

ragdollabbi 20-03-2013 14:29

Menestralia.

Talking of buffets on the Tots thread, has anyone been recently to Menestralia (at the glass factory). We popped in last year, just for a look, as it was late afternoon and the buffet had finished. It looked as if it had been very busy, mostly locals I think. Hubby, I know would like to go back to try it when we are out in July....I on the other hand am a bit unsure.....quite fussy about buffets...for reasons I will not bore you with;)

Belladonna 20-03-2013 15:22

Hiya! We were introduced to this restaurant a couple of years back now ~ maybe a bit longer ~ and were astounded by the choice and freshness of the food for the price and the amount, ie you can go back as much as you want!
Now we have been back a few times for lunch and still like it a lot, but ... we recommended it to my son and his girlfriend, and maybe we went a bit overboard on the recommendation! :rolleyes: Anyway, they did not find it as appealing as we did. They considered it a bit too "greasy" in the literal sense, not in the greasy spoon sense! They were also a little put off by some flies.
To be fair, yes, you will get some flies buzzing around the large windows in the summer, so choose a table away from the windows! ;) I'm not really sure what they meant by greasy either, maybe because the choices are some lovely typical Mallorcan dishes, served in sauces which obviously have olive oil in them!

However, I have to say, we have found it amazing value for money and the food is always fresh and replenshed frequently ~ as it goes very fast ~ and there is a lot of choice. You do need to get there early when it opens to get the best out of it, so double check the times. Try it! ;)

Sparky 20-03-2013 15:30

......and here are the opening hours ;):-

Bar opening hours.
Sunday to Thursday 7:30am until 7pm, and Fridays and Saturdays from 7:30am until midnight.

Buffet opening hours.
Breakfast: from 8am until 12noon (every day)
Lunch: from 1pm until 4pm (every day)
Dinner: from 8pm until 23pm (Fridays and Saturdays)

Belladonna 20-03-2013 15:57

Thanks Sparky. Not yet tried the evening meal, but one day ....!:rolleyes:

ragdollabbi 20-03-2013 16:28

Thanks, Bella & Sparky for that information. We did have a look at what was left on the buffet the day we called in and it does look like a massive choice:) I might be a bit put off by the word 'greasy' tho. I guess you will get flies most places when there's food around and yes I do agree, as with all buffets, better to get there early when the food is fresh.....and plentiful;) I am guessing that probably we will give it a try one day while we are out in July. Watch this space;)

lollipop 20-03-2013 17:23

ragdollabbi, I go to Menestralia a fair bit and don't find it greasy. I guess it depends on your choices but always plenty. Price is now 9.50 for weekday lunch,this includes wine water gaseosa and if you prefer soft drinks or beer on tap.

snowy2007 20-03-2013 17:29

Great so where is it

Sparky 20-03-2013 17:56

Here Snowy ;).

Autopista Palma - Sa Pobla salida 35, 07310 Campanet, Majorca, Spain

ragdollabbi 20-03-2013 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 81057)
ragdollabbi, I go to Menestralia a fair bit and don't find it greasy. I guess it depends on your choices but always plenty. Price is now 9.50 for weekday lunch,this includes wine water gaseosa and if you prefer soft drinks or beer on tap.

At that price, I am sure we will give it a try. As you say it probably depends on what you choose from the huge selection that they have.

Snowy, I'm going to let one of the locals give you more accurate directions than I could probably give, but if we managed to find it then it can't be hard to find;)

ragdollabbi 20-03-2013 17:58

Thanks Sparky, I knew you would come up with an answer:D

gers1873 20-03-2013 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 81061)
Here Snowy ;).

Autopista Palma - Sa Pobla salida 35, 07310 Campanet, Majorca, Spain

sparks ma darlin 9.50 all you can eat an a wee bevvy to boot sounds just like mine an mrs gers kind of place, can't find it on google maps, can anyone assist on exact location tar!

Sparky 20-03-2013 22:00

Gers Google restaurantemenestralia.com, they have a Google map on their website ;).

gers1873 20-03-2013 22:23

Thanks sparks ma darlin see it now, ta RDA for pm too

Hannah70 20-03-2013 22:32

Is the glass blowing place itself worth a visit?

ragdollabbi 20-03-2013 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah70 (Post 81081)
Is the glass blowing place itself worth a visit?

Didn't go in so couldn't answer that one Hannah sorry!:cool: