Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 06:29

Default La Fortalesa

After more than 15 visits to PP, we tried the above restaurant thanks to someone posting about it a few weeks ago.

Highly recommended ....... I'm not as good an Jane, I can't remember what we all ate ......... although I do remember my 11 year old daughter eating a shoulder of Lamb that would satisfy desperate Dan.

Gets busy, there were 7 of us and if we hadn't have booked I don't think we would have got a table
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30

We have not been to La Fortalesa yet, we did try to go a couple of weeks ago, but the evening we went (Wednesday, I think) it was closed. We will definitely try again next month.

PP76.
Old 13-06-2005, 18:15
robjay

If we ever get our old postings back you will see that a good few of us have rated La Fortalesa very highly.
My advice is try a meal from their traditional Mallorcan section on the menu.
Caroline more often than not eats vegetarian and she rates their vegetarian selection very highly too.
So glad you enjoyed it CD.
PP76 next time your back in PP please make a point of going, it really is worth it. Ask Jane
Take care
Rob & Caroline
Old 13-06-2005, 18:32

La Fortalesa has always been one of our favorites both for food and the owner Martins friendliness and knowledge of wine.

A few years back they had tables and chairs downstairs ,which we booked when a large party of us went together..I'm not sure if Martin still opens it up or whether it is just used for private parties now. I'll ask him next time I go, which is in 5 weeks, with my daughter and her friend..Myself and a friend are going with them as chaperones :lol

Debs
Old 16-06-2005, 09:04
robjay

Funny you should mention the down stairs. the first time we visited la fortalesa the down stairs was open, but Martin always kept us up stairs. Maybe so that I'd scare little kids away?:lol .
They are such a friendly couple and we are looking forward to many a good night in their company.

Rob & Caroline
Old 16-06-2005, 23:25

Hi Rob!

When we ate at La Fortalesa in May we ate downstairs.

We had such a lovely meal and the staff were very friendly, warm and chatty. The restaurant was also very busy so it may be advisable to book. Didn't know there was an upstairs -do they open it up in high season?

Highly recommended - especially Mallorcan dishes. Hubby loved his dish of rabbit and onions and my first taste of Frito Mallorquin won't be my last.:b

Regards
Jane
Old 17-06-2005, 05:34
robjay

No Jane what I meant was we were just on the ground floor. By the time we get to PP in October I think they must just use the one floor.
The rabbit is fantastic as is the lamb, Have you tried their stuffed squid (it's not expensive! just a couple of squid:rollin ). As I've said before Martin's Mallorcian selection of the main menu is fantastic, I've tried everything on there. And have never been disappointed. Caroline enjoys their vegetarian selection.
Oh I so want to be going there in August . Anybody who gets a cancellation and needs someone to chum them call me, I'll come :lol .
Rob
Old 17-06-2005, 05:41

Hi Rob!

You can always be an unofficial nanny to my children - you'd keep them amused for hours!!

As for La Fortelesa I'm very much looking forwad to eating there again. Hubby had prawns in a very light batter to start -he said they were fantastic and my lamb was delicious!!

Oh, making me hungry now!!

Yes I wish you could be there as well in August, but ho hum, there you go!! :\

Regards
Jane
Old 17-06-2005, 17:33
Sara4

The Pimientos Padron are always really good at La Fortalesa - until you get a hot one that is!
Old 17-06-2005, 18:08
robjay

those sneaky buggers wake you up:rollin . I love hot chillies but Caroline doesn't.
Line them up Martin:rollin .
Rob & Caroline
Old 24-02-2006, 00:26
robjay

Have they re-opened for 2006 yet? Who will be the first to review their meal there?
I am so looking forward to seeing them this year and taking my 3 daughters for their first visit.................una mesa para cuatro Snr Martin Por favor
I'm so excited I can't wait!!!!!!

Robjay
Old 28-02-2006, 00:36

Hi Rob

La Fortalesa wasn't opened when we were out on the 17th Feb ..it was in our top 3 restaurants to visit..ideally we would have gone there on the friday, C'an Costa on the Sat and Los Zarzales on the Sunday.

As it turned out only C'an Costa was open but I was only a bit disappointed as out of the 3 that would be my number one..No really?! Noone would ever have guessed would they !!

Debs

PS Hey Roberto tu Espanol es muy bien..hasta luego!
Old 28-02-2006, 01:34

I was also out in Feb and was disappointed to find Los Zarzales closed. I had been looking forward to going following the rave reviews here.