Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The new Centric. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9856-new-centric.html)

Sparky 13-03-2013 12:37

The new Centric.

We went to this new restaurant last night with Pollensa and her hubby and were impressed. I must say i think the new decor is much nicer than the horrible pink it was painted before.

They do a selection of tapas and montaditos all at 2.75€ and you can have these for a starter if you want.
Starters range from 5€ - 9.10€, salads from 8.15€ - 9.20€, pastas and rices from 10.20€ - 12.50€, meats and fish from 9.10€ - 16.50€, desserts from 3.50€ - 4.50€. Childrens meals are from 5.10€ - 7.10€.

Between the 4 of us we had an amuse bouche, bread, a mix of tapas and montaditos for starters, Roasted Argentinian steak with chimichurri sauce and Oven cooked Mallorquin Lamb medallions in orange and honey sauce for mains, all served with roasted potatoes and wok vegetables. Only 2 had desserts of Tiramisu and tartlets (3) filled with dark, white chocolate and creme patissiere.
Everything was beautifully cooked and presented, the waiter/owner was very friendly and efficient, the chef came to our table to ask if everything was ok which i thought was a lovely touch and we had a chupito on the house.

Going by last nights experience i would recommend this new eatery :D.

PP_Kev 13-03-2013 13:46

Good to know Sparky, might have to give it a try on the next visit.

Be interesting to hear other's experiences, particularly when PP gets busy throught the tourist season.

Sparky 13-03-2013 14:01

Well there was another forum member there last night, hopefully she will post her opinion ;);).

Sparky 13-03-2013 14:39

There are a few photos here :- New Centric - a set on Flickr

Lorenzo 13-03-2013 14:45

Centric Restaurant

Yes I have to agree with Sparky. Lovely food and very friendly service too.

We had the Argentinian cut steak with chimichurri sauce. The steak was cooked perfectly. A nice bottle of 'house' Rioja tempranillo went very well with it. :p We also had desserts and were offered chupitos with our coffee and Roibos tea. In fact we ended up having a second chupito on the house too :D

The final bill came to 55 euros which we thought was very good value.

They are also running a nicely priced menu del dia too so might try that next time.

cumberland8 13-03-2013 14:59

You lot certainly know how to make our chops slaver.(cumbrian for dribble).

pollensafan 13-03-2013 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 80737)
There are a few photos here :- New Centric - a set on Flickr

I could almost eat those pictures never mind the actual food:)

Sparky 14-03-2013 15:20

One thing i forgot to say was that there are no pizzas on the menu which i personally liked as everywhere seems to be doing them now ;).

kate1 14-03-2013 16:25

That looks good - the set menu sounds great too - will definitely be giving this place a try in April! My mind has gone blank - is this restaurant just off the main square?

sws97sdg 14-03-2013 16:27

Just checking, is it still called Centric?

Sparky 14-03-2013 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 80809)
That looks good - the set menu sounds great too - will definitely be giving this place a try in April! My mind has gone blank - is this restaurant just off the main square?

Yes Kate it's opposite Cafe Algar and next door to the Tabac shop :).

Sparky 14-03-2013 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 80810)
Just checking, is it still called Centric?

SWS, hubby asked yesterday and they said they haven't decided on a name yet :confused:.

sws97sdg 14-03-2013 16:49

Hummn, strange, but I suppose smart move as most people know where it is is you say Centric!

Belladonna 14-03-2013 23:56

Maybe a double barrel name might be the way to go ~ bit like Tango Ca Vostra. Just gives a bit of history to what it once was, but everyone calls it by its first name!

suemo 15-03-2013 14:34

Do they still do the children's menu? This is one of our favourite places and my daughter loves the pizza's but I notice Sparky mentioned they don't do them anymore :-(

Sparky 15-03-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suemo (Post 80868)
Do they still do the children's menu? This is one of our favourite places and my daughter loves the pizza's but I notice Sparky mentioned they don't do them anymore :-(

They do a childrens menu Suemo :).

Spag Bol, Chicken Nuggets/chips, Hamburger/chips all @ 5.10€ or Fillet of Sea Bass with roasted potatoes @ 7.10€.

Sparky 17-03-2013 16:11

It looks like they are definitely keeping "Centric" as the name..........which is good because there won't be any confusion ;).

PP76 23-04-2013 21:11

"New" Centric

Tonight we had a lovely meal in the new Centric restaurant, very nice decor, great service and very good meals, we both had pasta dishes for our main courses which we would definitely have again, they also offer various meat dishes, well worth a visit, we will certainly be be back with our family in June:)

PP76

Lorenzo 26-04-2013 16:55

Centric Restaurant

We've had dinner in Centric twice and it was excellent on both occasions.

Today we tried their 'menu del dia' and for 10.50 euros it was really good value.

We had an 'amuse-bouche' each first, a delicious bowl of pumpkin soup and then hake en papillote with fresh salad for me and stir fried chicken with vegetables for Karen. A scrummy white chocolate mousse with blackcurrant coulis followed. A glass of wine was also included in the price - so definitely good value.

They also have a full, separate vegetarian menu del dia as well for 14.50 euros. It looked like it had some great choices on it too!

DaveRave 18-06-2013 14:12

I can certainly recommend Centric's new incarnation. My wife and I visited twice in May and rated it 9/10 first visit and 8/10 second visit. At the next table was a couple enjoying their 4th visit on this trip! Small but varied menu (same for wines) at reasonable prices, staff trying hard to please - and succeeding. We'll be returning in August.

martinchip10 23-06-2013 19:52

Thought we would try Centric last week and found the service to be just about right and could see that there was some on the job training occurring whilst we were being served but this was not a problem. The Argentinian steak was beautiful and the other half, despite chucking her potatoes onto my plate whilst I was not looking, loved the turbot.
A thoroughly splendid evening was had and hope to visit again in September if I get my way, if not, it will be poxy Crete.

joey36 30-07-2013 15:11

Centric

They must be doing something right. Tripadvisor rate Centric the best restaurant in Puerto Pollensa.

majprop 31-07-2013 16:54

I agree, I have always rated the food and staff there since they opened, my only niggle is that they insist on putting hot food onto cold plates but this just makes eat quicker!, during my last visit there I heard that because one of their clients was taken to hospital they all sent a bunch of flowers to the client. I think that is a marvelous detail.

pescador2009 31-07-2013 17:26

MajProp - you hit the nail on the head - a wonderful niggle!
My pet hate - 'Hot' Food on 'Cold' Plates - happens a lot in PP as well as other places abroad and ALSO in the UK. It can only be described as 'amateur-ish' catering.
Some of the so called 'better' / 'more popular' / 'in' establishments also come into this category, hence going towards their removal from my 'top 5' this year!!!

katsmum 01-08-2013 08:31

It deserves the top spot on TripAdvisor

sws97sdg 01-08-2013 11:15

I agree, top class food, we went twice always busy and as soon as a table was cleared another sat down, lots of locals as well.
Food was fantastic and places like Stay should take note, they had a veggie menu, three courses for 16.50, tempura vegetables for starters, great fun watching the waiters trying to carry it without knocking the stack over, risotto which was great and Thai noodles, and a choice of deserts, Panna cotta which was delightful, also had Ca'n Vidalet wine as well.
great staff, great food you can see why it is doing so well. :)

ragdollabbi 01-08-2013 12:36

Looks like another place to try in October;)

Sparky 11-02-2014 12:26

It is great to see Centric open again after their winter break. We went for dinner the other evening and it was very busy, we were given a warm welcome by the owners and also the very unusual "heaters" which are just glass cubes that burn ethanol, but it was surprising how much heat they give off. The food and service were fantastic as always :D:D.

El Gordo 11-02-2014 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 91819)
It is great to see Centric open again after their winter break. We went for dinner the other evening and it was very busy, we were given a warm welcome by the owners and also the very unusual "heaters" which are just glass cubes that burn ethanol, but it was surprising how much heat they give off. The food and service were fantastic as always :D:D.

We visited over several nights in November before they closed (there wasn't much choice) but we were very pleased with their special "tasting" menus they were putting on to use up their stock!!

Will certainly try them again in March :D

Sparky 15-02-2014 13:00

Hubby treated me to St. Valentines dinner last night. There were 3 set menus, (1) was called "Afrodisiaco" which was seafood/fish 25€ pp, (2) was called "Vitalidad" which was meat 25€ pp and (3) was a Vegetarian menu 20€ pp. All 3 menus included a glass of cava & a strawberry.
Colin had number 1, King prawns in garlic and chilli to start, main course was Seabass in tempura with veg and roasted potato. I had number 2, Japanese chicken and veg dumplings to start, main course was Beef fillet in port reduction and potatoes "Chateaux" grated carrot and beansprouts, the potato was cold which i queried with Jose and he told me this is how it is supposed to be served but offered to heat it up if i wanted, i decided to just go with the flow and it was actually very nice, we also had a bottle of house white and the bill was 62€, great value :D.
Both meals were fantastic as was the service and it was lovely to see the restaurant busy again, in fact people were still coming in after we left to go to Nostalgia for a nightcap or two ;).

Sparky 15-02-2014 13:10

Oops!!! forgot to add there were 2 choices of dessert, Pannacotta with red wild berries or home made tiramisu. We both had the Pannacotta and it was delicious :D.

sws97sdg 10-06-2014 11:00

Are Centric still doing a free glass of bubble for forum members this year, has anyone had one recently?

pollensa 10-06-2014 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 95236)
Are Centric still doing a free glass of bubble for forum members this year, has anyone had one recently?

Am afraid not as they no longer advertise with us. :mad: But you could try!

sws97sdg 10-06-2014 12:40

Have they, they didn't stay for long did they :confused: oh well I shall stop giving them such good reviews! ;);)

pollensa 10-06-2014 12:56

They were with us for a year but apparently decided to try somewhere else this year - so if you do go, just point out they were difficult to find as they're not on the latest map (coming out in July!) ;)

But we have several new ones so we still have 43 great places to try at Restaurants, Cafes, Bars in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca Mallorca

A couple such as Oasis & the new Al Fresco are about to be published. So watch this space!

martinchip10 24-06-2014 15:47

We are off to Centric tonight so will report back tomorrow with our thoughts

sws97sdg 24-06-2014 15:50

Try the Albariρo, its lush!! Great food too, still doing the Veggie MDD :)

martinchip10 24-06-2014 15:54

Will give it a try.
Assume that it is different to the few Albarino's that Tesco sell back home?

sws97sdg 24-06-2014 15:56

I think so, they said there were only 10,000 left of these bottles, well 9,997 after we had finished!! ;)

martinchip10 05-07-2014 00:26

Lovely food in Centric as expected. Argentinian steak for me and fish for the lady.
Service still seems disjointed. The waitresses seem to wait for an instruction before doing anything. We waited 10 minutes for a menu whilst other customers arriving after us had their menu and drinks provided before our menu arrived.
As for the Albarino, call me tight, but I am not paying over 20 euros for a bottle of wine:eek:.