Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The new Centric. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9856-new-centric.html)

Sparky 15-02-2014 13:10

Oops!!! forgot to add there were 2 choices of dessert, Pannacotta with red wild berries or home made tiramisu. We both had the Pannacotta and it was delicious :D.

sws97sdg 10-06-2014 11:00

Are Centric still doing a free glass of bubble for forum members this year, has anyone had one recently?

pollensa 10-06-2014 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 95236)
Are Centric still doing a free glass of bubble for forum members this year, has anyone had one recently?

Am afraid not as they no longer advertise with us. :mad: But you could try!

sws97sdg 10-06-2014 12:40

Have they, they didn't stay for long did they :confused: oh well I shall stop giving them such good reviews! ;);)

pollensa 10-06-2014 12:56

They were with us for a year but apparently decided to try somewhere else this year - so if you do go, just point out they were difficult to find as they're not on the latest map (coming out in July!) ;)

But we have several new ones so we still have 43 great places to try at Restaurants, Cafes, Bars in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca Mallorca

A couple such as Oasis & the new Al Fresco are about to be published. So watch this space!

martinchip10 24-06-2014 15:47

We are off to Centric tonight so will report back tomorrow with our thoughts

sws97sdg 24-06-2014 15:50

Try the Albariņo, its lush!! Great food too, still doing the Veggie MDD :)

martinchip10 24-06-2014 15:54

Will give it a try.
Assume that it is different to the few Albarino's that Tesco sell back home?

sws97sdg 24-06-2014 15:56

I think so, they said there were only 10,000 left of these bottles, well 9,997 after we had finished!! ;)

martinchip10 05-07-2014 00:26

Lovely food in Centric as expected. Argentinian steak for me and fish for the lady.
Service still seems disjointed. The waitresses seem to wait for an instruction before doing anything. We waited 10 minutes for a menu whilst other customers arriving after us had their menu and drinks provided before our menu arrived.
As for the Albarino, call me tight, but I am not paying over 20 euros for a bottle of wine:eek:.

katsmum 05-07-2014 09:19

The Best on the Port

We dined at Centric three times in our eleven night stay and found the food,prices and service second to none. Restaurant was full every night.

copper 05-07-2014 20:21

We tried Centric for the first time this year and really liked it

Just had a cocktail in there the first time and after seeing the food coming out we went there twice to eat and excellent both times Found the staff very nice and helpful We booked our tables both times That was one thing we noticed this year that if we wanted to sit outside anywhere we really had to book in advance
Someone was trying to persuade Centric to give them our table one night Did have some very nice Emilio Moro wine which even if you can find it here is very expensive

Will definately be revisiting there next trip

martinchip10 06-07-2014 22:27

Agree with you all that the food is very good, just felt the service was a little amateur on the night we were there however this will not stop us eating there again either in September or next year.

lovemallorca 07-07-2014 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsmum (Post 96062)
We dined at Centric three times in our eleven night stay and found the food,prices and service second to none. Restaurant was full every night.

Going to have to second that "Best in the Port" rating.

Very impressed, and had to eat my words, as I initially struggled to find a combination of food that I wanted on the menu.

Food was superb, well cooked and very nicely presented.

Pleased that the restaurant has refound its mojo, as it has always been a favourite of mine, but seemed to have lost its way before the change of ownership.

I only wish that the outside tables extended around the corner of the bank, like they used too. It seems crazy to have that space doing nothing.

Well Done Centric!

debz1 07-07-2014 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinchip10 (Post 96100)
Agree with you all that the food is very good, just felt the service was a little amateur on the night we were there however this will not stop us eating there again either in September or next year.

I think the new Centric have achieved in a short time what other restaurants should aspire to. We have just returned from a month in PP and went to Centric at least 4 times. It was always packed to the rafters, and booking was essential, but the staff were always consistent with their service. Admittedly you wait longer sometimes than other restaurants but who's in a rush on holiday? This isn't a fast food joint! Everything is freshly prepared and presented beautifully, and the staff are efficient, friendly and IMO far from amateurish.