Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/)
-   -   The new Centric. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/bars-restaurants-pollensa-majorca/9856-new-centric.html)

Sparky 15-03-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by suemo (Post 80868)
Do they still do the children's menu? This is one of our favourite places and my daughter loves the pizza's but I notice Sparky mentioned they don't do them anymore :-(

They do a childrens menu Suemo :).

Spag Bol, Chicken Nuggets/chips, Hamburger/chips all @ 5.10€ or Fillet of Sea Bass with roasted potatoes @ 7.10€.

Sparky 17-03-2013 16:11

It looks like they are definitely keeping "Centric" as the name..........which is good because there won't be any confusion ;).

PP76 23-04-2013 21:11

"New" Centric

Tonight we had a lovely meal in the new Centric restaurant, very nice decor, great service and very good meals, we both had pasta dishes for our main courses which we would definitely have again, they also offer various meat dishes, well worth a visit, we will certainly be be back with our family in June:)

PP76

Lorenzo 26-04-2013 16:55

Centric Restaurant

We've had dinner in Centric twice and it was excellent on both occasions.

Today we tried their 'menu del dia' and for 10.50 euros it was really good value.

We had an 'amuse-bouche' each first, a delicious bowl of pumpkin soup and then hake en papillote with fresh salad for me and stir fried chicken with vegetables for Karen. A scrummy white chocolate mousse with blackcurrant coulis followed. A glass of wine was also included in the price - so definitely good value.

They also have a full, separate vegetarian menu del dia as well for 14.50 euros. It looked like it had some great choices on it too!

DaveRave 18-06-2013 14:12

I can certainly recommend Centric's new incarnation. My wife and I visited twice in May and rated it 9/10 first visit and 8/10 second visit. At the next table was a couple enjoying their 4th visit on this trip! Small but varied menu (same for wines) at reasonable prices, staff trying hard to please - and succeeding. We'll be returning in August.

martinchip10 23-06-2013 19:52

Thought we would try Centric last week and found the service to be just about right and could see that there was some on the job training occurring whilst we were being served but this was not a problem. The Argentinian steak was beautiful and the other half, despite chucking her potatoes onto my plate whilst I was not looking, loved the turbot.
A thoroughly splendid evening was had and hope to visit again in September if I get my way, if not, it will be poxy Crete.

joey36 30-07-2013 15:11

Centric

They must be doing something right. Tripadvisor rate Centric the best restaurant in Puerto Pollensa.

majprop 31-07-2013 16:54

I agree, I have always rated the food and staff there since they opened, my only niggle is that they insist on putting hot food onto cold plates but this just makes eat quicker!, during my last visit there I heard that because one of their clients was taken to hospital they all sent a bunch of flowers to the client. I think that is a marvelous detail.

pescador2009 31-07-2013 17:26

MajProp - you hit the nail on the head - a wonderful niggle!
My pet hate - 'Hot' Food on 'Cold' Plates - happens a lot in PP as well as other places abroad and ALSO in the UK. It can only be described as 'amateur-ish' catering.
Some of the so called 'better' / 'more popular' / 'in' establishments also come into this category, hence going towards their removal from my 'top 5' this year!!!

katsmum 01-08-2013 08:31

It deserves the top spot on TripAdvisor

sws97sdg 01-08-2013 11:15

I agree, top class food, we went twice always busy and as soon as a table was cleared another sat down, lots of locals as well.
Food was fantastic and places like Stay should take note, they had a veggie menu, three courses for 16.50, tempura vegetables for starters, great fun watching the waiters trying to carry it without knocking the stack over, risotto which was great and Thai noodles, and a choice of deserts, Panna cotta which was delightful, also had Ca'n Vidalet wine as well.
great staff, great food you can see why it is doing so well. :)

ragdollabbi 01-08-2013 12:36

Looks like another place to try in October;)

Sparky 11-02-2014 12:26

It is great to see Centric open again after their winter break. We went for dinner the other evening and it was very busy, we were given a warm welcome by the owners and also the very unusual "heaters" which are just glass cubes that burn ethanol, but it was surprising how much heat they give off. The food and service were fantastic as always :D:D.

El Gordo 11-02-2014 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 91819)
It is great to see Centric open again after their winter break. We went for dinner the other evening and it was very busy, we were given a warm welcome by the owners and also the very unusual "heaters" which are just glass cubes that burn ethanol, but it was surprising how much heat they give off. The food and service were fantastic as always :D:D.

We visited over several nights in November before they closed (there wasn't much choice) but we were very pleased with their special "tasting" menus they were putting on to use up their stock!!

Will certainly try them again in March :D

Sparky 15-02-2014 13:00

Hubby treated me to St. Valentines dinner last night. There were 3 set menus, (1) was called "Afrodisiaco" which was seafood/fish 25€ pp, (2) was called "Vitalidad" which was meat 25€ pp and (3) was a Vegetarian menu 20€ pp. All 3 menus included a glass of cava & a strawberry.
Colin had number 1, King prawns in garlic and chilli to start, main course was Seabass in tempura with veg and roasted potato. I had number 2, Japanese chicken and veg dumplings to start, main course was Beef fillet in port reduction and potatoes "Chateaux" grated carrot and beansprouts, the potato was cold which i queried with Jose and he told me this is how it is supposed to be served but offered to heat it up if i wanted, i decided to just go with the flow and it was actually very nice, we also had a bottle of house white and the bill was 62€, great value :D.
Both meals were fantastic as was the service and it was lovely to see the restaurant busy again, in fact people were still coming in after we left to go to Nostalgia for a nightcap or two ;).