Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree24Likes
  • 19 Post By its cd
  • 1 Post By scotslizzy
  • 4 Post By Mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2013, 13:26

Default Trip Report May 2013

How to describe last week ????

Weather 5/10 everything else 10/10

There were 4 of us - MR CD and I and a couple with whom we have been very good friends for over 20 years, in fact the female half of the couple and I went to school together and that was some time ago.

Saturday evening – decided that as we had been up since the crack of dawn we would just have a quiet meal, went to Trio our old favourite and it didn’t disappoint. We all ate from their great MDD which is just fantastic value – Starters were Mussels; langostines; Smoked Salmon Salad and Spag bol. Mains 2 had Sole and 2 had beef medalions, selection of deserts and bottle of Faustino red and a bottle of Faustino White – bill for all of this came to around 70 euros. So did we then go back home to bed – no chance we went to Nostalgia and introduced Colin to our friends who can both belt out a tune.

Sunday Market in Pollensa was lovely, bought pastries from El Giardino shop and then ate them with cafes at the restaurant and stocked up on cheese, olives, hams etc. Lazy afternoon and then off to Los Faroles for a great evening meal , turbot; sea bream and 2 paellas ( peeled so no messing about ). Rounded the evening off at Bar Batucada where once again I succumbed to Rafa’s Mojito(s)

Monday afternoon saw us going off for a trip to the S’Illot Bar at Bonaire for a drink and a look at the sunset – mind you it was so cold my drink was lacau caliente and thanks to Rafa I still couldn’t manage even a small brandy in it. The location is lovely, I have never eaten there but the prices are a bit on the high side for a small bar on the beach - but maybe someone who has eaten there can give us a reviw and we will find out the food is well worth the price. Evening at Bar Coral – Roast Lamb of course, make sure you order this as if you just turn up you are likely to be disappointed and also NEVER go there for lamb if you have had anything more than a small bite for lunch – the portion is massive. Then surprise surprise we just wandered home to bed.

On Tuesday we went into Alcudia old town, wandered around the Market and then had a lovely lunch at C’an Pere – MDD 8.90 euros for 3 courses plus glass of wine …. Great surroundings and really nice food ….. but I can’t remember what we all ate but I know it was good and just the right amount for lunch. That evening we had planned to meet friends at the Hideaway to see John Lynam – well we phoned to see if there were inside tables available ( it was raining ) – no answer, so we got a taxi round at about 8:30 and all was in darkness. SO last minute decision to try Hibiscus for a light evening meal ….. ended up all ordering the MDD which was ok but nothing special. Then met friends in Nostalgia, our song birds belted out a few tunes and we headed off home.

Wednesday – wandered around PP market, went for a drive to show our friends some of the interior and then ate at El Posito Peppers with Seafood and Fritos Majorcian were the starters of choice, followed by – 2 x Suckling Pig; Rabbit and Prawn and a fish dish ( plus a lovely chat with my mate Sparky ) Ended up in Bar Batucada where I stayed away from the Mojitos ( but our Rafa does make a nice G&T so I wasn’t a complete paragon of virtue )

Thursday was Ruta del Tapas
– Bar Rustic great Pumpkin and potato dish plus Endives with Chicken and Bacon and the best white wine of the evening
– Ivy Garden Chorizo and a sort of warm potato salad and a boiled Egg dish plus a tray of bread – nice but their Tapas Route offering is 2euros and whilst it is clearly good value it didn’t sit well with me – the ruta is not about differential pricing
– C’an Torrens – can’t remember but nice
– Bar Rumba – a selection also nice
– Tots – another great selection including the hottest Chorizo I have ever tasted. We stayed in Tots and needed more food so ordered a selection of tapas from their menu – all very nice. But the highlight at Tots was Guillermo letting my friend get up to sing with him and then a few numbers later inviting her back. She has a wonderful voice and loves to sing. Somehow on the way home we ended up in Nostalgia and I don't really know how it happened but I ended up singing an Abba song and for once in my life I didn't empty the place - but of course I did have my gorgeous friend Bev helping me out and covering for me when I was about to screech

Friday – Up early for a Road Trip – Lluc, nice walk around the monastery and the botanical gardens followed by coffee and snack ( girls had pastries, the boys had meat pies which they raved over for the rest of the day ) Then drove on to Soller where we ate a late afternoon lunch in the square – mixed Tapas and then took the tram down to the port. I haven’t been to Soller for a while and have to say that the pedestrianisation of the front has transformed the place for the better. That evening we wandered into Bar Rustic and had some of their Tapas ( chicken wings; mini quiches; Calamaris; cold meats and cheese and bread ) – yes I know we had done Tapas at lunch but we were in a rush and just needed something quick – it was actually really nice and great value – around 25 euros for 4 of us including a couple of rounds of drinks. Finished the evening off in O’ Haras listing to The Hustlers – its Friday night, Its PP, It’s the Hustlers !!!!!!!

On Saturday we packed up and drove down to Puerto Andratx in search of some sun and we found it, we also found a really nice restaurant for lunch – 3 courses plus a glass of Cava 23euros – It was called Mar Blau . We had ….. 2 x goats cheese salad; 1 x mussels, 1 x fish soup; 2 x lobster paella; 1 x fish mixed grill; 1 x meal mixed grill; 2 x tiramisu; 1 x crème catalan; 1 x something a bit like profiteroles. We then rounded the day off with a good long walk around the boats and then headed off to the airport
debz1, jiggggy, sws97sdg and 16 others like this.

Last edited by its cd; 27-05-2013 at 15:56.
Sponsored Links
Old 27-05-2013, 13:56
Super Moderator

Lovely trip report CD thanks for posting .......btw the weather is still only 5 out of 10 .
Old 27-05-2013, 15:49

Great report - reading it really brightened up a miserable bank holiday afternoon. Thanks for posting, you certainly packed a lot into your week!
Old 27-05-2013, 15:59

Really enjoyed reading your report CD! You really made the most of your week - whetted my appetite for the next 2 weeks starting tomorrow! Just hope the weather improves - still - who cares - lots of books packed and also loaded a few on the tablet
Old 27-05-2013, 22:26

What a marvellous report on your comestible intake whilst on vacation ,as a family of foodies we try to visit as many nutritional outlets as one possibly can, so it is extremely enjoyable to read fellow aficionado reports.
Thank You
Old 28-05-2013, 06:59

Default Wonderful Report

I love reading reports on members trip reports and CD your descriptions of what you did and ate was spot on.

I do enjoy reading what others think of places we have been whether we agree or not and it does open my eyes for trying places we may not have considered before.

Cheers

Scotslizzy
lollipop likes this.
Old 28-05-2013, 19:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
How to describe last week ????

Weather 5/10 everything else 10/10
Great trip report, makes me hungry

For a first time visitor a 5/10 weather week would be a disaster, for those of us that visit often and are addicted we just don't care any more and get on with enjoying it
Old 28-05-2013, 21:34

Except if you are trying to get WiFi fitted on the roof!
Old 29-05-2013, 14:35

Great to hear you had a great time even if the weather was poor.
Off myself on the 9th June so hopefuly the weather will improve by then.
BTW, where is the Batacuda bar?
Old 29-05-2013, 15:15
Super Moderator

Batucada is in C/Llevant next door to Restaurant Naciente .
Old 29-05-2013, 21:11

Thanks Sparky. I will make sure I visit it in a couple of weeks
Old 29-05-2013, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Except if you are trying to get WiFi fitted on the roof!
Now you are just trying to make me feel bad