Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2002, 01:32
Dirleton

Default Bar Coral

Sorry to disagree, but tried the mixed tapas here on website recommendation, and found it *very* disappointing, and not at all authentic. If you want great tapas, head for Capdepera (on the road to Arta, where the wonderful caves are, SE of the island), and have tapas at the cafe in the village square. Sublime!
LJH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-10-2002, 15:30
Pollensa Fan

Default Bar Coral

Tried Bar Coral on internet recommendations. Sorry to upset the loyal followers, but the gentleman who said the mixed tapas is not authentic is spot on. If the average Brit was served octopus, squid, clams, liver or tongue they'd run a mile. Hence the tapas served in the Bar Coral is aimed exclusively at the British pallet and bears no resemblance to authentic Spanish cuisine.

To the people who say they serve the best chips you'll get anywhere, I assume you've eaten chips in every bar/restaurant in the resort?

To anyone who loves authentic spanish tapas, nip about 200 yds to the Bar Neptuno just off the main square - where an average of 15 to 20 varieties are on offer every day - but be warned "squeamish Brits" need not bother - and this is from someone born and bred within the sound of bow bells!
LJH likes this.
Old 14-10-2002, 23:01

Default Hi Pollensa Fan

All I can say Pollensa Fan is that I think we must be related. We think exactly the same. Although this is a pleasant enough place if you want a snack and watch "authentic Mallorquin" dancing, it is not Mallorquine in any way other than geographic. However, many people want that, and good luck to them.
More room for you and me at Balaixa.
Also try Can Cuarassa along the bay going towards Alcudia. I think you'll enjoy it.
Old 21-10-2002, 15:55
Pollensa Fan

Default mallorcaboy

Just when I thought I was surrounded by food philisteins, out of the ether you appear to restore my faith in mankind.

Would like to see you at Balaixa in November, but unfortunately having just returned late September no can do! Usually manage twice a year - April and September, although if I had my way I'd go there and stay. For truely it is my spiritual home. Most people go on hols for 2 weeks, whereas I go "home" for 2 weeks.

I note you feel we must be related - I sincerely hope not, because a burden like that you should not have to carry!!

Intended to try Can Cuarassa in September, but ran out of time. However, now you've recommended it will definitely go there next time.

For now, hope you have a great time in November and I raise a glass to your spirit.
Old 08-02-2003, 21:40
smiddy

Default Best Tapas

have to agree with comments about tapas at Bar Coral, we went once several years ago and have never returned
Tapas at Neptune excellent, also try El Posito, where Vicente and family excel. The absolute best mussels we have ever tasted.
Old 20-05-2003, 03:00
nimbus01

Default Highland Games

Do the Highland games still take place at the Coral Bar each year and if so any idea of this years dates?
Old 11-06-2003, 13:38
filipeIII

Sorry, first time in the forum, and I'm on the scrounge!
People who have been patronising the Coral Bar for over 20 years, MUST have some photographs of the bar and the old Bahia annexe.
Would you sift through your old dusty photos and let me know
Old 10-03-2006, 07:50
Somebody17

Hi Chris,I've been to the Coral lots of times as well.Which one
is Anna?Is she the one with the small slender figure,short brown hair and glasses?Or is that Mama?I'm just dying to find
out.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:39
robjay

May I extend a big warm forum welcome to both of you. I can't help you with any of the things you ask for but i know for sure someone will be able to help.
Take care

Robjay
Old 11-03-2006, 03:25

Welcome somebody 17!!

As Chris hasn't responded thought I would ! Rob's right it's a mine of information on this forum

Yes Ana is the dark haired lady with glasses and Mama is the old (er) lady and is believe it or not her Mum!! The only resaon I know this is not from eating at the Coral Bar but because we rented the family's apartment on Pine Walk for 3 years running. Mama is certainly the matriarch of the family(the fact everyone including us calls her Mama amuses us) and you wouldn't want to upset her!! My daughter was singing merrily away one evening (about 10.30pm) and Mama hot footed up the stairs to tell her to be quiet as she was sleeping on the porch downstairs..whoops :\ ! She also used to leave a washing up bowl outside the door which we all obediently washed our sandy feet in before going indoors. Every morning we would say Buenos dias and every evening Buenos noches but we only ever got a slight nod in return..it took three years before I got a smile! Bless her
Old 11-03-2006, 05:50
robjay

I seem to remember a thread on someones singing. It wasn't your daughter but for the life of me I just can't remember who it was. can you remember who it was?:lol
Take care

Robjay
Old 11-03-2006, 09:20
chelseadons

Default Re Bar Coral

Hi Rob

I remember who was singing and know exactly where my daughter gets it from !! In fact I'm fairly certain mama was coming up the stairs because there was more than one person singing after a goodnight in Pollensa !!

The late Johnny haynes was a frequent visitor to laroc and Coral. He seemed to love it a lot.What a terrible year losing Johnny, Bestie and my all time hero Ossie. Off to the bridge tomorrow to may my last respects.

Chelseadons
Old 11-03-2006, 21:30

Default Re: Re Bar Coral

Her Dad obviously!!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:34
robjay

Default Re: Re Bar Coral

Did mama hear another cat go through the mangle:eek :eek :eek
:rollin
Nice to see you both again.
Take care.

Robjay