Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree113Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 11:55
Super Moderator

Default O Lume bad news.

I am very sad to have to inform all of the O Lume fans that the restaurant has now closed down. Jaime has been trying very hard to keep going but it was not possible, he thanks all of his loyal fans for their support over the years and is hoping to get work in the Port so hopefully we won't lose him completely .
Old 02-03-2013, 13:23

That's a major shock, Sparky! I'm geniunely in mourning. Feel so sorry for Jaime, he gave his heart and soul to the place, how many of us would work every day for x years, no holidays, just to make our busines a success. PP has lost a major attraction in the restaurant sector, how many more? We can't afford to lose estabishments of this quality, if PP wishes to maintain it's magical reputation. I really hope Jaime stays in the port as we can ill afford to lose his knowledge and skills. Personally it's the biggest blow to me in my 25 years of going to PP.
LK1960, Doogz1874, Sparky and 1 others like this.
Old 02-03-2013, 13:39

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
That's a major shock, Sparky! I'm geniunely in mourning. Feel so sorry for Jaime, he gave his heart and soul to the place, how many of us would work every day for x years, no holidays, just to make our busines a success. PP has lost a major attraction in the restaurant sector, how many more? We can't afford to lose estabishments of this quality, if PP wishes to maintain it's magical reputation. I really hope Jaime stays in the port as we can ill afford to lose his knowledge and skills. Personally it's the biggest blow to me in my 25 years of going to PP.
I agree with the above comments in total, so sad. Cross fingers that Jamie finds a good job in PP.

Not so lucky today.
Sparky likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 16:15

Very sorry to hear this, O'Lume was on our "always visit list" in January we went twice and on both occasions had a lovely time. Best wishes to Jaime for the future.

PP76
Old 02-03-2013, 16:19
Banned

I think I only ever used this restaurant once but from reading all previous comments about it this is a major blow to PP.

If a place as popular as this with hard-working staff and one heck of a reputation closes down then what is next?? This recession has to end soon or things are going to be very bleak this year.

Not good.
Sparky and Rosie34 like this.
Old 02-03-2013, 17:02

Terrible news been going there for the best part of ten years.Best wishes for the future Jamie
Sparky likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 17:15

It's sad when any business has to close but people vote with their feet. Sadly apart from the hardcore fans it's appeal was limited :
Stevo66 likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 17:22

Default O' Lume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siralf View Post
It's sad when any business has to close but people vote with their feet. Sadly apart from the hardcore fans it's appeal was limited :
What a load of absolute nonsence! Your making asserions yet you don't even know the full facts.
Doogz1874 likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 17:41

Very sad. Some great memories of great food
Sparky likes this.
Old 02-03-2013, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
What a load of absolute nonsence! Your making asserions yet you don't even know the full facts.
I agree with Siralf Smiddy.I know that you have championed O Lume for many years and you know my views on this restaurant too.It was always quiet when it was situated in a back street and remained quiet even after the move to the main road.Do you know of another reason why Jaime has closed it other than the lack of business?If so,please let us know.
Old 02-03-2013, 18:24
Super Moderator

I have talked to Jaime several times recently and he doesn't want his reasons to be made public, all i will say is things aren't always as we assume.
The fact is the man has lost what he spent many years building, so now he and his staff are now unemployed, it doesn't matter if you loved the place or hated it, it is a very sad situation .
pollensa, debz1, LK1960 and 9 others like this.

Last edited by Sparky; 02-03-2013 at 18:28. Reason: Typo
Old 02-03-2013, 18:48

I am sorry to see this.

Despite not having visited myself, I know how well liked it was by other members.

I personally don't need to know the reasons for its closure but am disappointed that again we are losing "somewhere different".

Good luck to Jaime and his staff for the future.
Sparky, lollipop, Rosie34 and 3 others like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 02-03-2013, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
I am sorry to see this.

Despite not having visited myself, I know how well liked it was by other members.

I personally don't need to know the reasons for its closure but am disappointed that again we are losing "somewhere different".

Good luck to Jaime and his staff for the future.
El Gordo, I am in agreement with you. It's not a restaurant we have visited, but it was definitely going to be on our "to do" list for July as it seemed to be so popular with everyone. It's such a pity now that we are not going to have that experience. He obviously had good reason to close and that is entirely his choice
El Gordo, Sparky and Kat19 like this.
Old 02-03-2013, 22:09

I just find it very depressing, restaurants serving proper Spanish fare, in a wonderful setting, with top class service and very reasonable prices has to close and all we've got to look forward to is (possibly) another cowboy shop. You never know, maybe the big M is not too far away.
Doogz1874, Sparky, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.
Old 02-03-2013, 22:49

Very sad news.
El Gordo and Sparky like this.
Closed Thread