Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By ragdollabbi
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 8 Post By El Gordo
  • 2 Post By sws97sdg
  • 1 Post By Ronnie
  • 1 Post By Smiddy
  • 1 Post By Baron de Lay
  • 2 Post By pollensafan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2013, 08:30

Default Why are some restaurants always busy/quiet?.

We often wonder how some restaurants keep going if you judge on how busy they are - when we go to one of our favourites, we are often relieved when more people come in and 'we leave 'em' busy And the other side of the coin - WHY is Simbads always so PACKED Just goes to show that you can't judge the quality of a restaurant by how busy/popular it is
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-2013, 11:06

Never could understand that one myself Rosie. A classic example of that is, as you say Simbads.....always busy and Tribeca.....very often very busy. Personally speaking, I wouldn't go back to either of them after having been in each of them once and once only At the other extreme, we went to Hells Kitchen twice during our week in October and on both occasions when we arrived I think we were the only people there. It did get busier before we left though. Maybe we just ventured out too early
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Never could understand that one myself Rosie. A classic example of that is, as you say Simbads.....always busy and Tribeca.....very often very busy. Personally speaking, I wouldn't go back to either of them after having been in each of them once and once only At the other extreme, we went to Hells Kitchen twice during our week in October and on both occasions when we arrived I think we were the only people there. It did get busier before we left though. Maybe we just ventured out too early
Same here - visited both Simbads and Tribeca once and never wanted to repeat the experience
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:12

It's been years, but I still can't believe I actually went into Simbads.

Sorry for OT post

Last edited by mike_dublin; 01-03-2013 at 12:16.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:55

Steak and Guinness pie at Hells Kitchen,not traditionally majorcan but very tasty indeed.
Old 01-03-2013, 14:39

not 100% sure , but regarding Simbads , someone once told me that they own a number of rental properties and they offer a sort of meal deal for guests. Thats why its busy inn summer months .
Old 01-03-2013, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
We often wonder how some restaurants keep going if you judge on how busy they are - when we go to one of our favourites, we are often relieved when more people come in and 'we leave 'em' busy And the other side of the coin - WHY is Simbads always so PACKED Just goes to show that you can't judge the quality of a restaurant by how busy/popular it is
I think the reason that is that we all have different tastes.

What is good for one may be disliked by another.

Over the years we have frequented restaurants that do not get good reviews, sometimes we have enjoyed the experience and at others have been disappointed.

"You can please some of the people, some of the time but never all of the people all of the time" (sorry for the misquote!!) comes to mind.

The important thing is that there is room for all sorts of different restaurants to suit everyone. Its when you get too many of the "same" that we need to worry about. "Variety is the spice of life"

If you have had good or a bad experience its good to pass on by reviewing and giving an honest critique giving reasons for your views. It is not helpful at all to criticise without giving your reasons. It is unfair for the establishments not being able to respond to bland criticism.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 01-03-2013 at 14:51. Reason: added quote
Old 01-03-2013, 15:34

and of cause just because it is empty doesn't mean it is bad, or good!
and just because its full doesn't mean its good, or bad!
Doogz1874 and Rosie34 like this.

On island time!!
Old 01-03-2013, 16:00

There are so many restaurants in PP and Pollensa Town, the most of which are excellent, therefore they cannot all be busy!!!. Its great that we tourists have so many great eateries to choose from!!!!! .
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
and of cause just because it is empty doesn't mean it is bad, or good!
and just because its full doesn't mean its good, or bad!
If any of the "quiet" restaurants want to hire me i'll happily sit and make the place look busier
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:13

I would do the same smiddy but I would only make the place look untidy!

On island time!!
Old 01-03-2013, 22:30

I see this thread was started by hoopy re o,lume then moved to here

The place frequented more regularly than others by me, mrs gers and the 2 bluebells is full to capacity every time we visit therefore we are used to a place being packed out and no need to spread out a bit to make it look busy

thats why some places have an atmosphere and others are dead an pretend to be full all the time I suppose

Last edited by gers1873; 01-03-2013 at 22:43.
Old 01-03-2013, 22:42
Super Moderator

Gers, the thread started by Hoopy was about "O Lume" v Stay, it went off topic on the last 4 posts and became a discussion about why some places were busier than others, Simbad and Tribeca etc were mentioned so those posts were moved to this new thread.

Last edited by Sparky; 01-03-2013 at 22:48.
Old 02-03-2013, 13:20

Can't say it's my favourite place, but we've eaten in Simbad a couple of times over the years and found the food, without being anything exceptional, was perfectly acceptable.

I remember one evening, the lady serving us - (You know, the one who looks like the little blond on in "Allo Allo"!) made a big fuss of our daughter, showing her how to fold napkins into fan shapes.

Others may well have had bad experiences in there, but from a personal point of view, I've eaten in far worse in the port!
El Gordo likes this.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron de Lay View Post
Can't say it's my favourite place, but we've eaten in Simbad a couple of times over the years and found the food, without being anything exceptional, was perfectly acceptable.

I remember one evening, the lady serving us - (You know, the one who looks like the little blond on in "Allo Allo"!) made a big fuss of our daughter, showing her how to fold napkins into fan shapes.

Others may well have had bad experiences in there, but from a personal point of view, I've eaten in far worse in the port!
Re the lady in sinbads......Not just us then that liken her to the woman in Allo Allo. We always refer to her as " Mi Mi La Bonk "

Only ever went in once about 15 years ago. My lasting memory is my pals face when confronted with his " Ham Sandwhich " which turned up full of " Jam ".
Sparky and lollipop like this.