Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2006, 02:10
robjay

Default Which Day Are They Closed?

This might sound like yet another one of my daft postings but .................................................. .........................
...................it's not........... well I don't think so so there:b

I was looking at the threads in "eating & Drinking" and I noticed that there wasn't anywhere on here that listed the days that each place closed (if they do?) during the main tourist seasons.

I think this would be helpful information, I know from my experience that there is nothing worse than looking forward to eating out in a certain place only to arrive there and find out that today is it's closed day:\ . And if your limited in how many nights you have left in PP it could mean missing out on visiting that new place you've heard so much about on here.

So could you please add places you like and the days you know they are shut. It would help if you could post like the following:
Monday: Mac Donalds
Tuesday: KFC
Wednesday: Pizza Hut

You get the idea? don't you?
Take care.

Robjay
Sponsored Links
Old 29-03-2006, 02:30
Snowy

If you look in "Once you're there" section under "Eating Out" most of the places listed have opening times and days closed.
Old 29-03-2006, 03:03
robjay

Snowy your right about that, The places that advertise on the form are in that section. I thought it would be easier for us "virgin/newbies" to have them all listed together rather than having to look up each place.
I also thought it would be helpful to include on this list the places that don't as yet advertise on this site ie Tango, O' Lume etc etc etc, so that everybody would have this information at hand.
Take care.

Robjay
Old 29-03-2006, 03:56

I think this is a great idea. Before I went over to PP in Feb, I was determined to try out Los Zarzales (I think I've got the spelling completely wrong !). The link from this site said open all year, closed Tuesday. We went Thursday night - it was closed. We tried again Sunday night - it was closed. :\ We also tried Tango on the Sunday night. They were also closed !

So yes, please, could we have a list of closing days. There's so many restaurants to try and not enough days to keep losing out walking the streets ! (No cheap comments please). By the way Robjay, I'm still salivating in anticipation of trying the steak at Tango.
Old 29-03-2006, 04:53
Founder

The closing dates on the main website i.e. those who advertise, are their official closing nights so I'm afraid that no-one will be able to tell you the unofficial ones - this happens particularly out of season - if they haven't been busy or dont have many staff in yet. or maybe have some sort of domestic crisis.

If you're going to do a 14 night stint I'd suggest you check them out when you arrive so that you plan your marathon dining out..
Old 29-03-2006, 06:34
pops

i actually think it is a really good idea.
I am a huge fan of Tango, and thought I knew everything about the place, so imagine my shock when we turned up last February, one month of the year we didn't normally visit PP, on a Sunday night to find it closed. I nearly flew straight back home lol, a trip to PP without Tango!!!!|>: Imagine my relief when I returned the next day to find it open and I was informed by the staff that some weeks in winter they close on a sunday.

As they don't advertise on here, for anyone that is interested, they close every thursday all year round.

Cheers

Pops
Old 29-03-2006, 20:57
Snowy

Yet another free meal pops !!
Old 29-03-2006, 21:17

Pops, I think you and I must have been in there on the same night ! As posters on the website, should we all be carrying pink carnations or something so we can recognise each other !
Old 30-03-2006, 00:21

What a good idea! How about some sort of badge - it would certainly help and save the text messages that read - is that you three tables away??- :lol
Old 30-03-2006, 01:19
Founder

Well you could wear our T-shirts, cap or even the thong...see www.puertopollensa.spreadshirt.net/
Old 30-03-2006, 05:46
robjay

El Posito: Closed on a Saturday
La Fortalesa: Also Closes on a Saturday
Where else closes on a saturday?
Take care.

Robjay