Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2006, 00:52
sleepybobby

Default Buskers

Has anyone else had any experience regarding the three "gentlemen" that play and sing(badly) around the restaurants and then more or less demand money for the privilage?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2006, 20:53
kcdc230

Well, on our previous two visits, we've not encountered an buskers that sing, but 2 years ago we stopped to watch a street entertainer who was juggling, singing, unicycling etc, all while wearing a flying helmet... - unfortunately, me being extremely tall, he spotted me and 'accosted' me to assist in the rest of his act, along with an equally tall gentlemen of the German persuasion.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am the least outgoing person they've ever met, and I have to say I was extremely embarrased and hated every minute of being made a fool of, having to do things such as help him onto his unicycle while he leant over me and had a good rummage through my pockets - he was so sweaty and smelly.... eerrgh, it makes me shiver just to think about it now!

Anyway, we're back again on Saturday of this week for a 1 week stay - believe me, we will be keeping our eyes open for him while we wander after dinner!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 00:00
robjay

Welcome to the forum kcdc230 (you must tell us how your name came about) it's always nice to see "Newbies" getting active and showing some of us old timers up :lol .
now I'm sure everybody who will be out in PP from saturday will be looking out for an "extremely tall" Brit who's dodging every busker in town:rollin
Enjoy your stay kcdc, we all look forward to hearing if you managed to dodge the buskers!.
Take care.

Robjay
Old 05-04-2006, 15:14
kcdc230

Ah, my cryptic user name... Quite simple really - my wifes initials, my initials, our house number!
Old 05-04-2006, 20:43
animagic21

Default buskers

We had an experience on Pine Walk last Oct, gave some money to a guy singing at the tables--he came back to us and said it wasn't enough!!! and he wasn't joking!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:36
med777

Default Re: buskers

well done animagic21, love the thought of leaving a 5p tip in a bad restaurant (dont know the euro =).....just never had the bottle to do so !
Anyone had the misfortune to share space with the guy in the square at the bottom of the Carlvari steps?...he could just about get away with it, if only he wouldn't try to sing in english...he never knows the words!
Still he knows when he is beat.... and moves over for the 3 guys+dog who are very talented (2 x guitar + chello, dog just plays looking cute ) and no trawling round with a hat & CD either !!!
Good or bad...it all adds colour to ur stay
Old 07-04-2006, 02:47
Joanne

Hi this is my first time posting on this brilliant website but I have been following it religiously for ages.

On the subject of buskers when we first started visiting Puerto Pollensa in 1998 there were a lot of street entertainers I don't know if anyone remembers a man who dressed up in what looked like a suit of armour (my 4 year old daughter was very dubious of him) he operated out of the shop on the front that does tattoos and hair braids, there was also a flamenco dancer, and various other street acts, we really felt it made the resort and am sorry that over the years the entertainers seem to have been moved on
Old 07-04-2006, 05:20
smiddy

Default Buskers

Joanne, Welcome to the site, what took you so long? Now that you mention it i do remember this guy, hasn't been around for some years now. May'be not enough money in it, i'm always puzzled about how miserable some people are, like taking snaps of the sand sculptures then "forgeting" to donate any money. A couple of cents wouldn't kill them!
Old 07-04-2006, 17:50

I agree with you Smiddy. A few years ago, whilst in Havana, there were 3 real old wrinkled lady's sitting on a church step. I have to admit it made a lovely photo, but we just walked on by.... followed by some ignorant fellow Englishman, who actually asked them to sit closer together to take a photo, then walked away after taking it, no tip of course, and the poverty there is for all to see. The sign language from the old ladies was truly international :lol