Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-03-2006, 23:58
Debilicious

Default Menu del Dia !!!

Hello again,

This is becoming addictive, i want to know it all.... ..

having studied majority of the menu's it appears the "menu del dia" offers the best value. I notice they all appear to be lunch offers, can anyone tell me if the menu of the day, is available all day, or only available for lunch times, then something different, more expensive, but still a good deal, for the evening, sorry if it seems like a stupid question...just cant see myself eating a 3 courser at lunch time, so curious as to what time, the "lunch" period ends!!! but if these ran until the night, that would be brilliant, as you could eat out a lot more, for them prices... these highly recommended restaurants ( forums faves etc...trencadora..Los Zarzales, to name a couple) are fab, but to eat at these every night, would prove very expensive...so any modest, nice, mallorcan restaurants, with a good daily menu, as we dont want to be eating in dodgy english type establishments !!!:b

any menu del dia recommendations would be great !!!
ragdollabbi likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 31-03-2006, 01:11
Founder

The majority of the cheaper Menu del Dia are only served at lunch time as they are often aimed at the Mallorcan workmen (don't let that put you off). There are several places that have one all day but they are normally at least 10 eur whereas lunch ones are between 7-9.

They are great during the cooler months but as you say not that much fun when it's boiling hot. Having said that the portions aren't massive so do try at least one.
Old 31-03-2006, 03:06
Snowy

When you had two courses you will be full, that will be all your need, 3 and you be full to busting, no breakfast wonderful Ensomardas not sure on spelling.

Go forth and enjoy, you only live once 007 !
Old 31-03-2006, 16:44
Debilicious

Thanks alot, youve answered my question !

Im gonna come home, like the back of a bus !! so many lovely restaurants ...!!!

Thanks again...

Deb
Old 31-03-2006, 16:53

Default Re: Menu del dia

Hi Deb!

Have a look also at the posts on this subject on page 2 of this thread.

Unless you are full already!

Enjoy when you go!:lol
Old 31-03-2006, 17:52
Founder

See this post p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm13.showMessage?topicID=304.topic
Old 31-03-2006, 18:31

Debilicious, you reallly must try a lunchtime Menu del Dia. As the previous threads mentioned, these are mainly at luncthtime for the workers, and possibly better value out of season. We went to La Vall in February (top of Calle Tramantuna, opposite the police station). The Menu was 7 euros, 3 courses, bottle of red wine and water. I was a bit daunted when the waiter came up and talked so fast I couldn't understand a word, but I built up the courage to ask him to speak slowly and the meal was incredible fun. We really felt like locals. Try it!
Old 31-03-2006, 19:23
Debilicious

My god, that is amazing, 7 euros, but bet the wine was like vinegar... ...kiddin !! what was your meal like? makes you wonder how they make any profit, thats amazing value, ive made a note of the place. Does this place has nice views, surroundings etc !! and is it accessible by car, foot, or bike.

thanks for your tips

P.s what time does lunch start /finish...12-3 pm...for example..
Old 31-03-2006, 19:27
Debilicious

my apologies, funnily enough, i did look thru all the threads, dont know how I missed that, on page 2....very handy !!

sorry guys !!!
Old 31-03-2006, 19:31
Founder

Re timings you find that the popular places e.g. El Posito, fill up at 1 pm with workers so get there just beforehand. I shoud think they go on till about 2:30 - 3 & later on a Sunday. A lot don't have views or nice surroundings you go for the great value food & 'authentic' atmosphere. So don't be put off - they're really worth it.

& the wine is always very drinkable...
Old 31-03-2006, 20:25
Debilicious

Thanks pollensa,

Suppose i was pushing it a bit, , 3 courses, wine, bread ..and a nice view....all or 7 euro!!! but will defo give them a try, but like you said, a heavy meal, at midday temps, could be uncomfortable, but if you went in at last minute, round 2.30pm, could relax, and enjoy, as its that lil bit later....all will be revealed...7 weeks to go.....

to be honest, im dont normally research my resort to this degree, but have to admit, im enjoying planning it, as the extend of the information available is fantastic...and every thread , gets me more and more excited,...especially the food ones, describing ambience, atmosphere , bargain menu's etc, really gets you in the mood !!

Great site, as im sure all will agree !!!
Old 07-04-2006, 05:34
smiddy

Default Menu del Dai

Debi, Speaking for myself we usualy have a decent breakfast in the apartment and perhaps a light snack mid-afternoon, then save ourselves for the restaurants in the evening, that way it is more affordable and you can indulge a little.
Old 07-04-2006, 16:18
Debilicious

Default Re: Menu del Dai

hey smid,

Thats what im gonna do !! or alternate it with a late lunch, then stay out, few cocktails etc will plan on spending lunch time around pool etc, were we can cater from the apartment !!: otherwise, would prove too expensive, and been told P.P isnt exactly cheap, and prices are the same as here (amsterdam), been to other resorts in majorca, and was astounded how cheap everything was! Oh Well !! vino and spirits still cheap tho !!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46
totot06

Default menu del dia ...........

Hi Debilicious..

I agree with you about the cost of eating in good restaurants in the evening but I think I've found the perfect place..
In Trencadora you can find a Menu del Dia for around 11€, however you can also enjoy a Menu del Noche for 23€ and the kids can enjoy real food instead of the usual chicken nuggets etc!! :eek :rollin
Old 11-04-2006, 05:13
curlytom

Default Menu del Dia

Several places do a Menu del Dia at night too eg Tango, Trio, Tiberi.

Trio is only approx 13 Euros + tax for 3 courses plus bread, a choice of drinks - a half bottle of wine, large beer, large Sangria or water. There is a choice of about 10 dishes for each course. Great value!

The sister restaurant Tango is only slightly more expensive but has a much smaller choice for each course, alhtough with the same drinks choice.

Tiberi recently had a menu del dia for 11 Euros but that did not include any drinks.