Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31
Joanne

Default Al Fresco

I don't know if anyone else frequents Al Fresco, but we have found this to be excellent for lunch on the beach. The little spanish fella that runs it can be a bit of an acquired taste.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2006, 02:56
JMD40

Hmmm, I agree about the `little spanish fellaŽ- he has wound me up the wrong way on more than one occassion. :rolleyes Food is average I would say - and overpriced - although the carrot cake is very good and sometimes cannot be resisted!! However it is a useful service with no competion so . . . . .
Old 12-04-2006, 15:40

Overpriced yes!
Old 14-04-2006, 05:07
smiddy

Default Al Fresco

He has got competition, i hear someone has opened a Tex-mex a mere stones throw away:lol
Old 14-04-2006, 16:57

Default al fresco

Where is Al Fresco? Must have missed it.
Old 14-04-2006, 18:09
smiddy

Default Al Fresco

Graham,

I'ts situated just down from the Flora Apts on the way to the beach. It's basicaly just a small take-away shop. I don't frequent it as our apt is nearby and we have no need for it. Used to be run be a Scottish guy, who opened it, but i have no knowledge of the new owner. Unfortunately, i can't read the language, but when we were over last week it was closed and i don't know what the sign outside said. Looked like some enquiry details.
Old 15-04-2006, 05:22
duffers

Hi Smiddy, have been following this column for many months now and seeing the Al Fresco thread made me join. We have been visiting PP now for 4 years and have frequented Al Fresco ever since our first visit as my wife loved the tuna/caper mayo panini. I must admit it is very handy for lunch even though it is overpriced, the food is great but the spanish bloke did annoy me at times with his attitude . If anybody else has any further information about the sign could they reply.
Old 16-04-2006, 01:37
JMD40

Have not seen the sign but each year the sign says that it is closed and will re-open . . . . .usually Easter/beginning of May. As far as I know the Scottish guy still owns it and they go off to a ski resort in the winter months. I shall wander down there sometime and check out the sign but have not heard of any changes there.
Amazing to see that it is not just me who does not have the same sense of humour as this guy - I thought maybe he just caught me at a bad time (when I was hungry and in a hurry for something to eat and annoyed that I had to pay overpriced money for something I could knock up at home if I had the time!).
Old 16-04-2006, 02:43
griffo

Wind him up its a great laugh.I think its far game and well worth paying over the odds for.
Old 16-04-2006, 02:45
Sazzle

Hi

Just got back from PP. Al Fresco is now up and running.
Old 26-04-2006, 21:20
juliep

read with interest all comments on al fresco.

on good authority the scottish gentleman still owns the business and, as in the early years, he is taking a more active up front role again. hopefully eliminating some of the bad mood sales technique of late which caused him and all of us some concern!

al fresco is open from easter till end of october every year and when i passed by last weekend it was open again this year.

the quality of food is really good, all home made and all very fresh, and when i have been there the prices seem not to have moved much over the last few years and are competitively priced compared to other similar outlets.

re tex mex- same as every other one you can visit at home whereas at least you get home made british and spanish fare at al fresco and the menu offers our whole family a choice.

we like it!!