Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2006, 18:14

Default Best place on the Pine Walk

Okay folks. Subsequent to various threads regarding the Tex Mex, Bar Katy etc etc, I'm interested to know everyone's views on the best bar and/or restaurant on the Pine Walk. Which ones are an absolute must for watching the world go by?

I love walking all the way to the Illa D'Or early evening to watch the sun go down with a Bloody Mary. Best restaurant: love the fish at Los Pesacados. All recommendations will be tried!
Sponsored Links
Old 15-04-2006, 18:43

As much as we love Pine Walk I can't think of any restaurant that we would go out of way to go to in the evening. We'll sit and have a beer and snack at a few during the day and certainly a drink at the Il'a D'or but to me the best thing about Pine Walk is ...Pine Walk!!

Having said that we used to eat both day and night at Hostel Bahia when it used to have the wonderful terrace on the beach. It was damaged during the hurricane a few years back and we could never understand why they never repaired it but demolished it altogether. On our last trip a friend told us that it had only been allowed because the owner knew someone high up in Franco's administration. Once he died they lost that patronage, and after the fateful storm they could not get permission to re-build! Shame thogh 'cos it really was a fab place to sit and people watch and have a great meal ..and the kids could lark about on the beach

Debs
Old 15-04-2006, 21:43

Agree with you Debz ....... I wonder how many times our paths have actually crossed !

Hopefully when they do in July, we will recognise each other

I say walk along the pinewalk, stop for after dinner or pre dinnen drinks but eat elsewhere
Old 16-04-2006, 00:15
Joanne

I think Bar Katy is one of the best places to eat along the Pine Walk ok the food may not be typical Mallorcan fare but the setting is second to none and extremely good for people watching.

Pascalinos the chinese on the Pine Walk again is an excellent position for people watching.
Old 16-04-2006, 02:58

Hi joanne

Pascalinos is not on Pine Walk so you've widened the boundaries a bit. Anywhere on the pedestrianised walk and PW are great for people watching and a drink but not necessarily for food , apart from a few exceptions..just my opinion.Far better food and value if you go one or two roads behind the main drag..stopping off for a pre /post drink on PW or at the many choices on the front.

Debs
Old 16-04-2006, 16:33
Joanne

Where exactly does the Pine Walk start and finish, I was always under the impression that it started from the Ice Cream Hut right up to the I'lla Dor
Old 16-04-2006, 18:03

How about the Corb Marie the outside terrace looking over the sea is a must for me.
Los Pescadores also for the wonderful fish
See you all there next week
Regards Keith
Old 16-04-2006, 18:04

I agree with you Joanne, I've always assumed the same. I also agree with Debz that its the view not the food that's important on the Pine Walk. I'm interested in finding recommendations for which one to stop at for a lunchtime snack and a glass of wine. As far as an evening meal's concerned then, yes, there are far better away from the front
Old 16-04-2006, 18:44
Founder

This is the area that I believe is referred to as the Pine Walk www.puertopollensa.com/maps/pinewalk.html & starts round about where the infamous TexMex is now (no comments on this post please!) & is also opposite the Corb Mari restaurant - where the bay curves round, the shallower beach starts & the Pine Trees are (or in some cases were...)

You can see the overall map here www.puertopollensa.com/maps.html & click on the different areas or download the complete map.
Old 16-04-2006, 19:10

Thats what I think as well Pollensa which is why everyone is up in arms about 'you know what'!!
Old 17-04-2006, 02:55

I also thought Pine walk started at Shhhh you know where and ended at the military base.

those of us old enough to remember will recall that initially this was the only bit that was a "walk" , the rest being a road
Old 19-04-2006, 22:03
smiddy

Default Pine walk

Keith,

Your wonderful view of the sea from the Corbi-Mar has now been interupted by a Tex-Mex fast food take-away.
Just to highlight the madness of it all
>:
Old 19-04-2006, 23:28

Default Re: Pine walk

Hi Smiddy
I will look for myself on Monday when I arrive in PP
Have they extended out the front of this property ?
Please dont let it be
Regards Keith
:evil
Old 19-04-2006, 23:39
Founder

Please restrict this post to 'Best Places' on Pine Walk. Other discussions can be found in The Tapas Bar.

Thank you webmaster.
Old 20-04-2006, 01:02

Opps Sorry Pollensa