Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 16:11

Default Casa Vila

A new restaurant is to open on 12.12.12. it is called Casa Vila and is in the place of La Piazza in the market square PP. I understand it will be a pizza ,pasta restaurant and is owned by the people who have the Marina Cafe on the seafront. People are invited on Tuesday at 7pm for wine and canapes for the inauguration .
Sponsored Links
Old 15-01-2013, 16:05

Lollipop,
Do you have a phone number for Casa Vila?

PP76
Old 15-01-2013, 16:08
Super Moderator

Hi PP76 it's 971 865 919 .
Old 15-01-2013, 16:33

Thanks Sparky,

It was nice to meet with you and the other members this morning.

John.
Sparky likes this.
Old 16-01-2013, 10:55
Super Moderator

We tried this place for the first time last night with friends.
It is very tastefully decorated with lots of mirrors and subtle lighting but we all felt that the tables are a bit tight for comfortable dining, i suppose it won't be a problem in summer when they have more tables outside, the toilets are very smart and the ladies is also fully equipped for the disabled in wheelchairs.

Now to the food, we had been warned that the portions are large so we all opted to just go for a main course. Hubby and i both had "Picanton" which is a whole young pidgeon stuffed with Scamorta cheese and a cornflake crust served with a creamy asparagus risotto, this dish was bursting with flavour and the risotto was cooked to perfection, our two friends each opted for pizzas which were huge and they said they were very good.
We washed it down with two bottles of Pinot Grigio which was lovely and at around 14€ per bottle very good vfm. The bill came to 83.40€.

There was an error with bill, 3 bottles instead of 2 but that was corrected immediately, all the staff were very friendly and our waiter, Toni, told us that he used to work at Can Costa and he remembers Jane (JH02JLH) .
We will definitely be going back .
debz1, sws97sdg, snowy2007 and 1 others like this.
Old 22-01-2013, 09:48

It did look very nice inside, they have spent a lot of money on the refurb but it was worth it, very tasteful. The food and service was at a very high standard and with the wine being so reasonably priced, I think the most expensive Cava was only around 16 euros, they will do very well this year.
Doogz1874 likes this.

On island time!!
Old 22-01-2013, 11:52

I agree El Vila is a great addition to the square. We ate there twice last week and on both occasions had superb meals. We loved their Italian take on Nacho's... deep fried ravioli filled with cheese served with guacamole and salsa. Five of us shared two portions as a starter as the portions are very generous.

We were all delighted to catch up with Toni and Tolo (also ex Ca'n Costa)again, especially my daughter who had worked with them at CC a few years ago. Expect great service from these two pros

PS: Sparky are you sure it was pidgeon? I asked Toni and he assured me it was chicken! Either way it was delish and if it was pidgeon it was another first for me
Sparky likes this.
Old 22-01-2013, 12:00

We couldn't decide Debs, it said pideon, but it may have been lost in translation and they may mean poussin, which is as you know a chicken less than 28 days old! either way the Sparkes seemed to like it.
I recognised Tolo from somewhere but not from CC as we never made it there, you are right about the service though, very friendly and professional a great choice to run a new restaurant!
debz1 and Sparky like this.

On island time!!
Old 22-01-2013, 13:00
Super Moderator

I think what is causing this confusion is that the translation on the take-away menu is different to the restaurant menu. I have the take-away menu in front of me and this is exactly what it says :-

"A delectable whole PIDGEON filling of cheese Scamorta with cornflake crust served with a creamy asparagus risotto" .

On the restaurant menu it said it was "poussin" although we both thought it was a bit on the small side for that, when we had poussin in the UK it was much bigger, anyway whatever it was it was delicious and we would both have it again .
lollipop likes this.
Old 22-01-2013, 13:11

Yes Sparky on the menu I have, the spanish word is picantón, which if you translate means poussin the pideon translation is a red herring!

On island time!!
Old 22-01-2013, 13:14
Super Moderator

No SWS it definitely wasn't fish .
debz1, sws97sdg and Stevo66 like this.
Old 22-01-2013, 16:14

I have eaten at Casa Vila twice in the last three weeks and it would appear that my opinion of this establishment differs to others.
I found the staff offhand.disinterested and surly.
Being a "pizza expert" I had a different one each time and both were lacking in substance and quality.
Manduca,Eolo and Bella Roma serve better pizzas and also they are all cheaper than Casa Vila.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 22-01-2013, 18:01

I have to say that I agree with Stevo except the bit about the staff but also have to say that I have known two of the staff for many years but the pizzas were very short on the fillings, Bella Roma for me any time, the one saving grace for casa Vila is that they have a very nice Chianti !!.
Old 22-01-2013, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
I agree El Vila is a great addition to the square. We ate there twice last week and on both occasions had superb meals. We loved their Italian take on Nacho's... deep fried ravioli filled with cheese served with guacamole and salsa. Five of us shared two portions as a starter as the portions are very generous.

We were all delighted to catch up with Toni and Tolo (also ex Ca'n Costa)again, especially my daughter who had worked with them at CC a few years ago. Expect great service from these two pros

PS: Sparky are you sure it was pidgeon? I asked Toni and he assured me it was chicken! Either way it was delish and if it was pidgeon it was another first for me
Jeez, how we all see things differently!!! We went into here whilst waiting on the tree to arrive in the square after its tour. Granted we were only in to pass the time and dodge the rain but still spent a few bob on coffees, beer, bruschetta etc. it seemed to me that the waiter sussed out we weren't "real" diners and were surly, unattentive and took the pee frankly the amount of times I had to ask for the bill.

Into the bargain it wasn't cheap!!! No thanks.

Last edited by Sparky; 22-01-2013 at 20:43.
Old 22-01-2013, 21:56

I had dinner in this restaurant when it first opened. The waiter was slow to recognise that we wanted a table and service was a bit haphazard, this we put down to teething troubles. The meal was ok even if the dessert was a little over priced.
I joined friends there a couple of weeks later and found the same level of service and even had to ask for the cutlery to be changed between courses which seemed to be a little strange!
I´ll give it another go but might wait a few weeks.