Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2006, 17:20
Debilicious

Default Suckling Pig ??

before this website never heard of this meal ( the sheltered life ive led...lol )

anyway, looked it up, and looks great, im dying to try it, so question is

where is the best restaurant to get suckling pig, at its best. ?

it appears to be Los Zarzales, can anyone beg to differ ?

Deb
Sponsored Links
Old 28-04-2006, 18:57
Sara4

I would be interested to find this out too.

I have always loved the idea but when I have actually ordered it, have been disappointed as it has been fatty with very little meat. Seems to be a lot of hard work and then I am still hungry at the end!!
Old 28-04-2006, 19:03
Debilicious

bah ! thats sounds vile. heard lots of people on here rave about it, maybe you had a dodgy one...were did you eat it?

although was already thinking... would it would be like eating a supersized, hot, porkscratching. lol
Old 28-04-2006, 19:49
Marsha

I had it twice at Los Zarzales and it was fabulous! So good I didn't want to try it anywhere else in case I was disappointed!

It's one of the things that is drawing me back to PP!!
Old 28-04-2006, 20:11
Debilicious

Default Re: The pull of the Pig !...lol

hi marsha

must be some pig that :lol ....to draw you back !

Is it meaty...?

what would you compare it to, it does appear los Zarzarles, serves the best, although just seen another member stating el mojito, as the best he has tried, indicating he has tried a few places... of course people opinions are different...I may have to try em all and be a pig ! (if you cant beat em..lol...bad pun ! )

Im dying to try it, (no one i know has tried it either) is it like the nicest, crispiest ,bacon ever, or more like a pork roast with crackling ?

deb
Old 28-04-2006, 21:14

Hi deb

It's definitely not like bacon but like the most succulent roast pork you have ever tried with crispy crackling. Not really fatty but any there is just melts into the meat..little piglets don't have a lot of fat (but we won't think of that or we'll all go off it )

I have only ever had it in Los Z so no comparisons but can't imagine it gets much better than here.If you are offered the choice go for the rib cut..Yolanda told me this is sweeter and tastier..and you can pick up the bones at the end and have a good old chew I'm sounding a bit of a pig now!! Finger bowls are provided afterwards YUM

Debs
Old 28-04-2006, 22:36
Debilicious

god debz,

mouth is seriously watering, nice description, know were your coming from with the bones tho...love sucking them, but idea of sucking on a baby piglets ribcage, is a bit off putting, but not enough..

Los Z it is then, was suprised how reasonably priced it was, considering the reviews this place gets....expected prices to be thru the roof !

will let you know, so piglet all round it is !! hhmmmmm...

cheers debz
Old 29-04-2006, 01:59
JMD40

If you are still licking your lips and trying to find another restaurant that provides a good crispy Lechona then I would recommend Laup - as well as Los Zarzoles which you have already checked out and is excellent. Sometimes it is just unlucky as I have, over the years, had fatty lechona in some places also - maybe worth mentioning to waiter - `poco grasa┤ so he asks the kitchen for a good lean piece. Laup is just outside of PP, on the road to Pollenša town alongside the junction which goes off to Cala San Vicente. It has a lovely garden and excellent meat - fantastic lamb kebab with dates also!! Hmmm here we go again . . . .
Lechona should be served with apple sauce or more traditionally here with ali-oli - garlic mayonnaise. ENJOY!!
Old 02-05-2006, 15:59
Marsha

Is what makes Los Zarzales pig special the way that it's cooked with honey? Or is this typical? Cor I'm drooling just at the thought of it!!

So jealous of all you people who may be tucking into suckling pig, it's doesn't look like we'll be able to come back this year... boo hoo!!
Old 02-05-2006, 18:55
kcdc230

We have eaten at Los Zarzales a couple of times in the past and my daughter has had the Sucking Pig there and it was wonderful.

However, the best Suckling Pig we've had is at Montenegro (on the same road as Zarzales, parallel to the beach, and about 2 blocks towards centre of town). We've eaten there on our 3 visits to PP and never been dissappointed. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, my daughter and I both had the Suckling Pig and it was absolutely fantastic. She then had it a few days later at a different restaurant (can't remember which one I'm afraid) and said it was nowhere near as good as Montenegro.

We've also had a Paella at Montenegro in the past and that was excellent. And their Frito Mallorquina as a starter is absolutely delicious - definitely to be recommended.
Old 04-05-2006, 17:55
Debilicious

cheers guys,

will try them all !!