Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca

Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca Where to eat and drink. For great reviews and comments on bars, cafes and restaurants. Do give locations if possible.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-2012, 11:35

Default El Posito.

Looks like El Posito is falling out of favour.
Sponsored Links
Old 22-11-2012, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
You read my mind whaley! I had an evening meal in El Posito about 5 weeks ago with my dad, sister and her two teenagers. None of us were impressed with either the food or the service. We were given little paper menus when we sat down, and I'm sure there was only a choice of four mains. When I asked if we could have something off the actual menu, as detailed outside, I was told to go out and look at it and then ask to see if "chef" could do it

I asked for main menus at the table and the six of us were reluctantly given one.

To be honest, we should have left there and then. We had to order off the little paper menus and it wasn't worth the wait or the money. It was the worst meal my family had in the two weeks that they were here, and we ate out every night.

I was in the bad books 'cos I'd been studying everyone's reviews here on the forum and had this down as one of the best A bit like Mirch Masala, there were some great reviews and some terrible ones, although we never ate there.

Steve.
Old 23-11-2012, 00:35

In my book El Posito is still number one great food and you can always meet Sparky there
Old 23-11-2012, 10:07

Have to say that we have eaten at El Posito twice and were unimpressed on both occasions so wont bother again - too many other options
Old 23-11-2012, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
Have to say that we have eaten at El Posito twice and were unimpressed on both occasions so wont bother again - too many other options
One man's Meat is________"
Old 23-11-2012, 21:51

Just wondering.......is there a restaurant in PP that polarises opinion in the way El Posito seems to ?
Old 24-11-2012, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
One man's Meat is________"
Totally agree It's differences of opinion that keep the world on its toes and makes life interesting
Old 24-11-2012, 10:24

Hi Pepperoni Man, In answer to your question, where would you like me to start ??, I often get asked where the best restaurants are in Puerto Pollensa, my answer is "the only way to find out is to try them", as made clear in these posts every single person has a different opinion on food, the food that I really enjoy would probably be sent back by another. I like the quiet life........
Old 24-11-2012, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
In my book El Posito is still number one great food and you can always meet Sparky there
Thats the one plus point meeting Sparky. Nothing wrong particuarly with the food just like eating in a fast food restaurant, 2 courses inside of 30 mins!!!
Old 24-11-2012, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberman View Post
Thats the one plus point meeting Sparky. Nothing wrong particuarly with the food just like eating in a fast food restaurant, 2 courses inside of 30 mins!!!
WE always tell Toni we are not in a hurry so no rush it works fine.
Old 25-11-2012, 13:37

Never eaten here....but why would a restaurant owner think a customer was "in a rush"?
Old 25-11-2012, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootledodger View Post
Never eaten here....but why would a restaurant owner think a customer was "in a rush"?
The answer is simple, because most british people are. Whenever I go into a restaurant for the first time They can't believe I intend to spend the evening there. Speak to the waiters in the restaurants and they will all tell you the same thing. Most brits they see come in want to eat immediately and go. Case in point, Tried el bistro for the first time last september. The waiter commented that he couldn't believe we wanted to have a drink and not even look at the menu for over an hour. Took the waiters in Brisas marina ages to get used to the fact that we would be there for around 4 hours. Nowdays when we go in they don't even atempt to give us a menu for well over an hour. I have never understood it myself. Folks on holiday, whats the rush. Sadly however we are known for it.

Last edited by pollensafan; 26-11-2012 at 09:06.
Old 25-11-2012, 18:16

As long as we get our bottle of wine fairly quickly we are happy to take our time !

Do think El Posito is to slap it down clear it away Food Ok but with so many recommendations on here we will give it a miss next year
Old 27-11-2012, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
The answer is simple, because most british people are. Whenever I go into a restaurant for the first time They can't believe I intend to spend the evening there. Speak to the waiters in the restaurants and they will all tell you the same thing. Most brits they see come in want to eat immediately and go. Case in point, Tried el bistro for the first time last september. The waiter commented that he couldn't believe we wanted to have a drink and not even look at the menu for over an hour. Took the waiters in Brisas marina ages to get used to the fact that we would be there for around 4 hours. Nowdays when we go in they don't even atempt to give us a menu for well over an hour. I have never understood it myself. Folks on holiday, whats the rush. Sadly however we are known for it.
Fully agree! We are always the last ones out of a restaurant, nobody ever rushes you. If i'm not ready i'll politely ask them to take it back and return it when i am. Maybe we should encourage the restaurant owners on to the board and give us their views, i know Can Josep came on and explained the problem, which helped a great deal. Perhaps El Posito think they're giving us the service some demand.

Last edited by Smiddy; 27-11-2012 at 12:43. Reason: typo
Old 28-11-2012, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleywanderer View Post
Please note, this comment was in reply to another post which seems to have disappeared!